Expo 29 Meta-check

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Jul 28, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Map pool hugely favors cheap efficient champs again, with all the split battles. Not sure how much of an update this new pool is, but I'm gonna have to start running a bunch of runners again.

I'm not exited about this.

New SL bonus is wank. Although negating aura's and stuff is nice I guess

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Woah hold the phone. SL bonus changes this expansion?

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Went from percents to flat redux

4. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

I love this thread. It's not perfect, but it's likely the closest I'm going to get to a list of good decks for a variety of themes/BG's in a while.
    Along those lines, @kalasle if you could start listing the various decks on the first post I'd appreciate it, as then I wouldn't have to search the whole thread when it gets huge.
    Also, is there an easy way to find out which champs are which in the BG posting we've been using? I and I assume a ton of other newbies aren't able to recognize cards just from their face art.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm not very good at it either! I say ask, if you're unsure. Other good options are to scan through Poxbase or the Rune Checklist. If any persons who post their decks would also be gracious enough to type out a list of names, that would also be wonderful.

I'll start updating the OP once more decks show up.

DrakeArron likes this.
  6. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

What faction/theme can I run to deal with the current state of UD?

All the stuff I was trying needs setup but every time I face UD there is something with around 20 dmg and manic in my font turn 3 and i'm out before I get started a lot of the time. I think it annoys me more than other decks because I feel like I am never getting into the game, I don't feel outplayed just rushed before I can react. What are you guys doing vs UD currently?

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Playing UD

Fentum, BurnPyro and darklord48 like this.
  8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

As a general principle, UD is a very straightforward faction, in a sense that the goal is to be up in your face as fast as one can. I could cite a lot of melee defense mechanisms, spells and whatnot that can work, but you are probably well aware of that.
    However, and this is a secret I'm sharing for the first time in a long while, UD suffers a lot against hidden mechanics. A lot. And it's not because I've owned a lot with Snowblind (RIP bud, you will be missed), because I have, but I also experienced that playing with other factions.
    Hidden mechanics are specially strong against UD (although, as a general principle, I feel that the strongest mechanics in the game are the hidden ones, and why I felt pretty bad that Blizzard Cloak got butchered as it did).

Fentum, GemmaXylia and SPiEkY like this.
  9. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I noticed I did alright with an sp/ud cause I could whispers/split personality the avariced things.

However I mostly play KF and FS which are generally a bit squishy to start with so I felt those hits more! Add more hidden mechanics, got it! :D

Thanks for actual advice instead of being mean, btw. :)

10. Pedeguerra

No need to thank me, this is me going back to my roots.
    And if you are still struggling, I'm all ears.

darklord48 and davre like this.
  11. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Yeah I can't deal with UD at all. Think i've lost every game vs FF UD today unless it was like goblins or a weird not meta deck.

UD player deploys salaam/demonvein/grundlewolf - Contests mid font, equips avarice and gluttony probably enables double attack and manic for the kill. If kill isn't guaranteed use split personality or drain vitality. Meanwhile contest side font with something like pincushion.

Avarice increases the threat by such a ridiculous amount. I don't know what to do

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

You running sonic roar on chattering maw? seems obnoxious to just drop it in then awestruck everything lol

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yes, that's pretty much the plan. U1 is still speculative, but U2 is Initiative.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Any UD players want to post there lists for viewing?

15. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Don't have an updated desk list yet, but I imagine Mino meta is still the same plus the addition of avarice.

16. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    I made the Elemental battlegroup today and been finding much success with it.

[​IMG]
    I'd been running Ferren for about a month or so, and until this expansion, they'd been doing really well. Now, after the removal of Weaken Spells on Ferren Master, I feel like their point of vulnerability, which had already existed previously, had been made into an even weaker point for the Ferren; spells. The deck relies heavily on relocation powerturns, abusing the damage and multiattack that is given to Ferren Master and Brawler, along with the Portal Walker bonus of the Pouncers and Cloudwisps. Though I like the state of Ferren, they can easily be overrun by multiple numbers, and I personally believe what they lack lies between: Stealth play (Although Brawler, Ninja, and Runner have them, I don't think this compensates for their racial in its current state.) A stronger racial (Although the slow is amazing, I think either the Frozen condition should last an additional turn, or, bring back majestic on a 4th shot. It is called Ferren Focus, maybe make focusing down a single target more valuable.) Detection, Counter play to spells, a spell that provides all Ferren with swap for X turns, or possibly make the relocation of an opponent more valuable to the offensive component of Ferren, or finally a little more defense mechanics because Snow Shroud is not going to cut it.

[​IMG]
    I ran this deck for about a month as well, and I've got to say, I absolutely love it. The deck is played both offensively and defensively, consecutively. With Hoplites' Enduring Aura, Build'Em Tough, Defender, there's really no stopping any of the champions from tanking down anything. Usually, I try to have both Hoplites and an Engineer on the field at all times, maximizing their efficiency. Afterwards, you can pretty much have anything out in order to support your hoplites; a Stone Dragon pretty much spells the most difficult time to kill a champion for the opponent. My typical field would look something along the lines of; 2x Hoplites, 1x Engineer, 1x Protector, 1x Bolter/Shieldwarden. That's usually how I like to kick things off.

Gnomes, Karamasov and kalasle like this.
  17. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I am more interested into whether one of my favourite players to watch Warfoot is gonna start playing again so I can watch him.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate that korsien is in good stuff FW. Thanks DoG love u guys

Gnomes likes this.
  19. Pedeguerra

Well, it seems that the equip in itself is pretty out of line, so waiting until it's nerfed is a plan.
    However, since you are struggling with UD specifically, have you considered running that relic which causes stunned to champs who move near it (forgot the name)? Seems it could be proven useful in the scenario you are describing.

20. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Avarice got hotfixed to be 50 nora (from 35). So it shouldn't be such an issue as it was.

Sok said it may get a redesign in the future.

DrakeArron likes this.