Weight loss

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by darklord48, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm currently 228 lbs, and I should be right around 170. I find it difficult to consistently eat healthy. I assume a few of you may also be overweight. I'd like to get motivated to lose weight, and more importantly keep it off. A couple years ago I tried intermittent fasting, and I went from 235 down to 204, which is was a huge improvement for me. I also felt a lot better. Unfortunately I didn't keep it up and now I'm almost back to where I started.

I'm starting over again, and I invite you to join me. I've considered offering up a prize for the most progress at the end of the year, but I'd like to see what the interest is first. @Axeraiser offered diet tips in another thread, and I know I'd like to see what advice he has.

I'm also darklord48 on myfitnesspal.com if any of you are using it.

IMAGIRL, Lushiris and newsbuff like this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

request mass be indicated by the international and scientific standard of kilograms.
    weight should be in Newtons but you didn't do that, you gave your mass in a stupid measurement.

my advice: 60% of diet should be vegetables, also do a lot of walking. walk untill your body tells you you don't feel like eating because you have to do more walking, then walk that. then eat a meal and sleep for a day. then walk more.

3. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I'm probably still over 200, but below 230. I find, eating less and being more active has helped, having a job and playing Pokemon Go has been great.

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

we're here for advice from certified muscle man @Axeraiser , so we don't need help from someone here to insult us for political reasons; sod off

I'm 217, want to be ~190

myfitnesspal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/lagomorph

gonna start back up calorie counting...thanks @darklord48

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

repeat request mass be indicated in kg(kilograms) not large booze sacks or whatever lbs stands for.

19madfox95 likes this.
  6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Just for @Geressen, I'm 103 kg. I do have a fitbit that tracks how much I walk, and I'm regularly under 4000 steps for the day. Working from home has its advantages, but moving around is not one of them.

Geressen likes this.
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

go on a hike, at least 14 kilometers, speed not important. do not push yourself. enjoy nature while doing it. bring dried fruits and water

I'm 83 kg, up from 76 this time last year but I was looking pretty thin back then because I literally couldn't stomach all the carbs the lady that did the cooking at the place I was last year was making. while also doing a lot of walking and hiking. so that ate into my reserves. for my height my mass is exactly where it should be.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I know someone that was really big. I would suggest that if you can lose a mass amount of weight to have a plan to get the is issue of extra/sagging skin addressed soon. Losing some weight can be beneficial but the lose skin suit can be counter productive to you self image.

Nothing is particular wrong with being over weight either, you just have to own it and stay active. Mark hunt is one of my favorite fighters and he is 5'-10" and cuts weight to fight at 265lbs. Dude is the man though. When I was working at Big Cat I had a coworker that was ~5'-7" and weight probably ~230-~240, but he was faster then me and could run father. Even though he was big, he stayed active and his heart/lungs was in great shape.

Disciple is key to either goal. You just have to accept that eating poorly and not being active is not good for you. That sugar and sweets are poisons that are contributing to weight issue. You might be carving a chocolate eclair, but literately everything about that treat is going wreck you. Why eat it then? Fast food is not food. Just assume that eating fast food has the same health benefits as not eating (+many devastating hinders). Make your food yourself and never add sugar or salt to anything.

19madfox95 and Geressen like this.
  9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I was around 250ish lbs last yearish (115 kg for you commie scumbags), down to about 200 lbs (90ish kg). I'd like to get down to about 180 lbs (80ish kg).

Biggest thing was cutting soda for me. I went from drinking 2-3 cans a day to 1 every other week, tops, and the weight just melted away.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Weigh 66kg. Should weigh some mid 70s at least. I eat a lot, snack a lot.

I think I should eat more meals per day, like 5-6 to gain weight @Axeraiser confirm?

Effort though.

Like spieky said, start drinking water 24/7 and youre halfway there.

11. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i find it really motivational to see someone big putting in a good workout at the park or a gym. Makes me work harder seeing them put in work.

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

loose?
    I believe you son.

yes, you will need 12 disciples, like Jesus.

Also except for the small spelling errors originalG1 is right and you should listen to him.

Leadrz, OriginalG1 and SPiEkY like this.
  13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Ca. 75. No idea what I should weigh. Don't care, am slim. I think my metabolism just sucks ass.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't drink pop, so that's a non issue for me. I also don't drink alcohol very often. Almost all my calories come from eating. I'm striving to track what I eat more closely on myfitnesspal now, so that should help me see what I can change. I do need to drink more water, I usually only drink a couple liters each day. I used to drink six or more, which I noticed made me feel better. I'm also going to start biking with my dog at lunch time, both of us need the exercise.

Qucas, Geressen and SPiEkY like this.
  15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Skim milk and water. I do drink too much milk, usually 4 cups at dinner time.

16. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

milk is full of sugar!
    [​IMG] COKE: [​IMG]

11g a serving!

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Milk believe it or not is supposed to make a small baby cow into a large big cow. so the fact that it is full of sugars and fats should not be suprising to anyone.
    you contradict yourself in 1 sentence.

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That's exactly what I need to work on, portion control. There's nothing wrong with having milk with dinner, I just don't need to have four cups of it. If I instead drink some milk and tea as @PhdNiceGuy recommended, or even water, that would be an improvement. I also need to not clean up when my kids don't finish their food. As you said, there's nothing wrong with "wasting" food.

newsbuff, Qucas and Astamir like this.
  19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

20. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Having lost 80 pounds over 8 months on the CA Weight Management system a few years back, I think I have some credentials on this matter. The critical aspect that worked for me was restricting the carbs. No pasta, no bread, no rice, and no potatoes. My limit was 35 grams a day. Keep your water intake up. You need that to metabolize the fat. Keep the portion size under control. I had small snacks mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Also reduce fat intake as much as possible.

While I had an appetite suppressant initially, I went for months eating about 1200-1300 calories a day without the need for the suppressants after a few months.

I've gained some weight since then, but am still near 200 pounds versus pushing 280 before the gall bladder surgery and later the program. BTW the program was medically supervised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.