Weight loss

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by darklord48, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Ok, got it. See @Astamir ? I was wrong about why, but I was right that all of phsychology is collapsing due to this.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There is no chance I will stop eating meat. As for fasting, I have no objection to that, but I would do a water fast.

19madfox95, DrakeArron and SPiEkY like this.
  3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

If I could recommend an author to read up on nutrition I would ask you to read any publications by a man named Paul C. Bragg. Amazing nutritionist and a pioneer in nutrition. Here is one of my favorite bread recipes that I got out of his books.
    Bragg's natural wheat bread
    -2 cups distilled water
    -1 tablespoon honey(preferably unpasteurized, unheated)
    -1 teaspoon dry yeast
    - approximately 5 cups unbleached, unsifted 100% fresh ground whole wheat flour (preferably stone ground)
    -1 cup raw fresh wheat germ

Directions

Dissolve honey in 2 cups water. Stir until dissolved. Combine dissolved yeast water and dissolved honey water. Add flour, raw wheat germ. Mix well until dough is soft and can be kneaded. Knead about 1 to 3 minute. Form into 1 large or 2 small loaves.

Place in oven leaving oven door open to temperature of approximately 100 degrees. This can be done in most ovens by the gas pilot alone. If electric set thermostat at 100 degrees. Let the dough rise to the top of the baking pan, usually about twice its size. Then very gently close the oven door and turn heat to 350 to 375 degrees and bake approximately 50 minutes. Observe when brown crust is formed and bread is drawing slightly from sides of pan - then you know that the bread is done.

Remove from pan, brush lightly with oil or butte to keep crust soft, and allow the loaves to cool away from all drafts.

4. DrakeArron

No, it really isn't. We have tons of sources, and you haven't debunked a single thing.
    And clearly you haven't read them, because sugar intake wasn't the only study. There was also a study involving a computer... but you'd know that if you actually cared about what we were showing you.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'll read scientific articles on both sides of the topic. There should be multiple independent studies that have proven that ego depletion dynamics is false if it has truly been debunked. Otherwise I'll be in the camp supporting it.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I haven't had time to review any of the sources yet, so I'm withholding judgement for now.

DrakeArron likes this.
  7. DrakeArron

Thats completely fair. Your absolutely fine here- Astamir, however, is not. Because not only has he not payed anymore then a glance at our sources, he's also outright insulting anyone who believes in them.
    Now, if he still disagreed and didn't read them, sure, thats his right and he isn't hurting anyone. But the fact that he's decided to also insult anyone not agreeing with him means he has no right to do so and not pay attention to what we're giving him.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Two other books I would recommend are:
    The new modern Encylopedia of Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    (I would emphasize these page selections for you)
    a.) Pg. 705-721 contains a fantastic explanation of nutrition education of various food, vitamins for training.
    b.)Pg. 722-730 will give u a complete explanation of micronutrients/macronutrients, calculating metabolic rate, ketosis, glycogen, how often to eat, and balancing your diet.
    c.)Pg. 732-742 will educate you on the three basic body types (endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph), inform you of metabolic rate, and give you both menus for building muscle and burning fat.
    d.)Pg. 743-747 will give you a summary of fat-loss diet rules, teach you how to read labels, how to manipulate keytosis state, and give you recommended protein and carbohydrate sources.

One final book I would advise for you would be The Virgin Diet by JJ Virgin.
    Contains valuable information about human food intolerance theory. The basic summary of the book is that we as human beings develop natural intolerance of seven food types (gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, corn, peanuts, and sugar/artificial sweeteners) which often prevent weight loss by creating certain medical conditions like leaky gut syndrome, bloating, and allergies. Teaches a method of discovering if you have food intolerances that might be preventing weight loss. Be well and enjoy this knowledge.

9. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

There had to be one didn't there.

19madfox95, Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Don't eat your friends bro :eek::eek::eek:. Muh animal friends leave them be. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Qucas likes this.
  11. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Only when they stop being so delicious.

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Stop eating my plant friends, you monsters!

BurnPyro and Qucas like this.
  13. DrakeArron

Yeah!
    Wait, are the plants your eating naria or real treefolk? Naria can go firk themselves, the bloody bleedin vampires. Real treefolk are nice and kind though...

14. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Took down a whole herd of lettuce earlier, dems good eating.

Geressen likes this.
  15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Stop being so rude to people that are trying to be constructive, man. Newsbuff is obviously a complete intellectual failure, but DrakeArron at least is trying.

16. DrakeArron

Thanks... I think? XD

17. Zetsu

Zetsu The King of Potatoes

I weigh 166 lbs and I'm trying to go down to 140. I found I really enjoy salmon. Chicken and shrimp are tasty and lean. I love mexican fried beans even tho I don't fry them, just 1 tbs oil with dried chilies. 2 days agoI found I really enjoy zucchini noodles as a replacement for pasta and they're easy to make. I just dump marinara sauce on that and it's so good. Frozen fruit is so good to me whereas fresh fruit I really won't eat. Frozen mango is the best. My favorite drink is water so no problem there. I've never really ate too much red meat. It's been 4 days and I haven't been tempted to grab those M&M's sitting in the living room. I've always failed at dieting but I feel I've found food I really enjoy that is healthy + easy to make.

18. Boozha

I mean, he's probably right, despite his rudeness.

I also just wrecked the crap out of Newsbuff after he called me a "f***ing tool". Poor little Newsbuff, not only does he suck at thinking and being a morally capable person, he also sucks at Pox. Such a sad existence.

Astamir likes this.
  19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'd think about losing weight, but I NEVER LOSE

20. Boozha

What if I told you that the people here are respectful, polite, open-minded and rational compared to those on Reddit?

But anyway, be a bit more chill at times, that's gotta be bad for your heart

SPiEkY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.