Imps

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Gnomes, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture.PNG

@badgerale @Theoutcast Give me your knowledge how does one play this race.

after a few games ill give my rundown on the champs.

Imp Alchamist: i run mischief...obviously and contaminate. but i dont use it much. Grant action potion is probably the biggy here. gives the imp deceiver the ability too get in range for voices in their head. other then that, he is cheap, has some dmg.

Imp Deceiver: I run mischief and charm 2. this champ is one of the MVP's. voices in their head is incredibly strong! you can run in use this and give their champ the action potion if your in range, and deal tonns of dmg or just run him away and deal that extra bit of dmg with manic. also once you have used voices in their head, you can use designate scapegoat on their own champ.. but be careful the imp is a bit soft.

Jester also one of my favorite champs because he has chuck spider, giving him that extra range and you get a spider out of it for 10 hp. the imp is 1-2 range, which is very crucial vs some champs. also combat awareness/stealth/Evasive makes him a bit tankier in addition to the 46 hp.

strangler: Very annoying and hard to deal with, with intimidating and demon shield he is very hard to kill. his dmg is the highest out of all imps because of render and with 49 hp and 1 armour he wont die directly. i play constriction on him, but latch on might work too, usually i have enough ap to get constriction off so im playing it with that atm but i might try more later.

Thunderclops: this guy is weird. low dmg, but ok tankieness for imp standards. ive tried energy thief, stun,imposing aura. and all dont fit exactly. energy thief usually just messes me up because i am imps which means im usually clumped and rushing things down. and imposing aura ruins the whole idea of mischief... but stun is also wanky. static shock does not get too much dmg usually through a game, maybe 10 but its not horrible. absorb and swoop and OA all seem like not bad upgrades though... i prefer absorb or swoop.

Trickster is probably the best imp. he does what imps want to do. that is be tricky and just mess with you so your distracted too much to deal actual dmg. definitely run Deception and hex no doubt, gives him 3 forms of stealth with mischief. and deception is an insanely good Ability, it will probably get nerfed, it creates so many illusions that you can rush at the enemy to impede them and make them wate ap on attacks.

Vixen: sadly this girl kinda sucks... at least ive not found her to be as good as the others. but then again i just dont play her much. she starts with 40 hp... and only through leech vitality or soul siphon does she get more. she is also expensive for imp standards and just does not do much. soul harvest is a cool ability, but much better on ranged. id say, give her 3 range back, that would suffice for me. with 1-2 range she is meh.

midnight wisper, dont play it much, low hp and dmg, but bolt and 4 range is nice. pretty sticky champ, good vs ranged. incoherent babbling is very dumb for imps.... then they cant use mischief. and sonic aura usually messes with you because your in close range with eachother, but deafening aura is not bad.

Needleclaw, this champ is only 40 hp and 0 armour. but he has shatter execute and bounty hunter for 58 nora. Cheap champ with some utility, not bad, just need to care keeping him alive.

Lastly shadow hunter. i like this guy a lot, hunter meek gives him some extra dmg and shadowspawn can make him hard to catch. i run dispel atm but have not had a incredible amount of use for it. but ya never know when it will come in handy. for 66 nora, he is worth his money.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    TeaNinja and Fentum like this.
  2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

You take advantage of cheap champs, stealth spam, and high mobility to steal all their fonts.

Woffleet, saromon50, TeaNinja and 2 others like this.
  3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I am getting VERY close to stumping up to get all the imps through poxbox. I really fancy a full imp BG. Is it at all viable? Fun?

Huh? Wait! All the imps look crazy expensive in the Forge. Are they actually decent champs? Last time I ran imps was a helm of chaos shrine kill deck in 2008. And there WAS only one imp!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Gnomes likes this.
  4. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Id cut out a few of the imps and put in some more utility

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture.PNG

completley forgot about altered lemure. this is my deck now, still testing though.

TeaNinja likes this.
  6. badgerale

Bear in mind that altered lemure is currently bugged, since imp race was accidentally removed last patch. Sok said it will be fixed soon though.

7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

in what way bugged?

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It should be fine in game already.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It didn't have Race: Imp.

10. badgerale

It's not.

11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture.PNG

TeaNinja and Fentum like this.
  12. Slencer

Slencer The King of Potatoes

Red Sand is also nice in Imps since it prevents the opponent to burn all of his ap

badgerale and TeaNinja like this.
  13. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Thunderclops + Mindstorm = easy 6 to 10 damage from Static Shock

What do you think about Drain Vitality in a full Imp deck? I am hesitant to run it since they are so squishy, they won't generally get to enjoy the stat buff as long as other champs.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Slencer likes this.
  14. Fentum

DV is always useful in any deck.

15. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I want to play imps. Are they expensive?

16. Fentum

No idea. They are tricksy but I find Gobbos to be more fun

Cinder405 likes this.
  17. Cinder405

Gobbos are expensive as hell though.

18. Fentum

Are they? I've got at least two of each just randomly over the years.

19. Cinder405

Well I say that because UD runes are typically on the high side

20. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Tried playing since I came back and the deck just sort of autolost to ST twice in a row because:
    • Garbage unintuitive racial, should be global again
    • Garbage low damage low hp units
    • Garbage racial encourages getting those garbage low hp low dmg units into killing range
    • Map changes don't give their flight sandbag much of an edge anymore
    • Sword of Shadows shadespam shenanigans removed due to jester rework
    • No scaling outside of crossing your fingers and hoping Vixen can carry you through the mid and lategame
    Conclusion: Awful theme, do not play.

Fentum likes this.