Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think the difference in feeling with regards to diversity is that the greater amount of randomness in HS means even if you face the same deck you aren't necessarily seeing the same game, whereas with Pox games will play out much more similarly given the same matchup.

RNG gets a bad rap sometimes, but this is another case of where it has benefits.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Very true, sir.
    I, for example, played a Yogg Druid bg last season that felt different in every single match. Of course it has to do with Yogg, but even the subtles RNG can do that in matches.
    Agreed 100%.

Edit: I'd point out that one of the reasons MAYBE decks feel more diverse in HS is due to the fact you always play "split bgs" in a way, since you can add neutral cards and tech choices often can amount to 3-5 cards.
    In Pox the best bgs are kind of the same, but I also think this has to do more with the low population than anything, really.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  3. Pedeguerra

Rank #5.
    Been playing on and off, this weekend I thought I'd be able to really climb but wife demanded my presence.
    Either way, I'm not really feeling this whole "climb to legend" thing anymore. I mean, sure I can do it again but I already own the cardback and Im not really looking into HS world championship. So yeah, if I do it good, if I dont Im not really bothered.
    Still pretty cool to climb with Morgl, already at 250 ranked wins.
    Also, Im just really really really tired of playing against Warriors.

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Dunno how you do it, had a shaman quest today and seems that all the decks out there are mind-numbingly non-interactive aggro. Even the "midrange" (hella quotes) plays exactly the same but instead of auto losing to AOEs you just restock with Valiant.

The control variant at the very least looks interesting but fringe exos/epics I'm not wasting dust on.

Hearthstone.

ps : as much as i like to complain about rng, that last brawl was actually pretty fun. Sure there was the usual blowouts like turn 3 Call of the Wild or PW:Tentacles on a turn 1 zapomatic but most of my games were good back and forths that went way over turn 10.

5. Pedeguerra

I'm using Midrange Shaman, always have. I hate full aggro decks. Oh, and my twist? Two Bloodlusts - yes, two. People do not see that coming.
    But I'm rather enjoying it, the only RNG elements in the deck are lighting storm and tuskar totemic. It's very consistent.
    Oh, and I loved the brawl as well. Specially good for completing the 80g new quest.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Anyone around, got that 80g quest. Free gold for playing one of my dumb decks.

7. Pedeguerra

Sorry bud, at work atm.

News:

Hearthstone Adventure Announcement on July 28th at 11 PM PDT

In an email from Blizzard to the press, an invitation has been sent out to announce an announcement! The invitation seems to be more Karazhan themed than Ulduar - very much so like an invite one would receive for a magical dinner party.

The announcement will be coming out of ChinaJoy 2016, which is why the late/early time for those in the western world.

This announcement will be taking place on July 28th at 11 PM PDT and will be streamed on Twitch.tv/PlayHearthstone.

[​IMG]

8. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Kharazhan was my second favourite WoW raid. Blizzard better not mess this up.

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

30 packs deep in my pity timer, finally see that glow we're all looking for...

[​IMG]

Hearthstone.

10. Pedeguerra

Hahahaha.
    Poor Mukla, both versions are crap.

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Dunno, the new one worked in Ctrl Priest as extra activators for Pyro and more fodder for Elise...

...right?

(I swear I saw someone way better than me do it)

12. Pedeguerra

Hahaha well man, yesterday I got destroyed by a weird paladin playing some sort of aggro buff/divine shield deck, so....... yeah.
    But Corrupted Mukla is actually good in arena too, so poor guy has his uses.

13. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I might try that, I think I got a random mukla at some point, not exactly short on 6 drops though.

14. Pedeguerra

Sounds FUN:

One Night in Karazhan is Hearthstone's Fourth Adventure

Hearthstone's newest adventure is One Night in Karazhan, which is a glorious party hosted by Medivh - and we're invited! The only problem is Medivh has gone missing and now we must find him!

[​IMG]

Adventure Details
    • The adventure launches on August 11th.
    • We will see 45 groovy new cards.
    • One Night in Karazhan will have four wings. Each wing is purchasable for 700 gold or $6.99 USD.
    • Buying all the wings together will result in a discount.
    • You will receive a special card back if you buy the full adventure within the first week.
    • There will be a special free wing available - The Prologue.
    • There will once again be a set of class challenges.
    New Cards
    45 new cards will be added with this adventure. Blizzard has revealed 7 of those. Check em out!

[​IMG]
    Discuss this Card [​IMG]
    Discuss this Card [​IMG]
    Discuss this Card [​IMG]
    Discuss this Card

[​IMG]
    Discuss this Card [​IMG]
    Discuss this Card [​IMG]
    Discuss this Card

Boss Details
    • Moroes greets us in The Parlor.
      • The Magic Mirror.
      • Chess will make an appearance. Your cards are chess pieces.
    • Barnes, the Opera House's Stage Manager heads wing 2.
    • There are three opera fights, just like WoW's Karazhan.
      • Romeo & Juliet
      • Wizard of Oz
      • Little Red Riding Hood
    • The Curator heads wing 3 - The Menagerie
      • Nightbane
      • Illhoof
    • The Spire
      • Netherspite - Opens portals just like the WoW fight. Portals buff your minions.
      • Shade of Aran

15. Pedeguerra

Wow this thread has been dead for a while.
    What happened, you guys quit HS?
    Anyways, adventure coming tomorrow.
    Yay/Nay?

16. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I quit hearthstone, pretty much. And the adventure has just reinforced the decision was the correct one. Eternal, Duelyst, and Elder Scroll: Legends all seem better to me at this point.

17. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Same old log in, do quest, buy pack, rinse, repeat.

There's not much to discuss really. I've got enough of the "stale" Warrior/Zoo/Aggro Shaman meta, Purify and 477 memes to last me a lifetime.

Not super hyped about the new cards, I'll buy it anyway because the adventure itself looks pretty fun from what I've gathered so far. They can't all be LOEs.

Firking Purify man...

18. Pedeguerra

Shame bud, to understandable. To each his own.

Yeah, unfortunately I have the same feeling here. Log in, do quests, eventually play some Arena, log out. Ranked for me has completely lost the point, because its just too damn boring to be fighting the same decks all the time.
    Maybe Im just getting old too, IDK.
    I had a lot of fun reinstalling Warcraft 3 the other day and playing the campaign again, maybe I just need a fresh game to love HS again with the same passion.
    Will buy the adventures with gold, but doesnt seem like an "WOW, AMAZING" expansion, so meh.
    Firking Purify man, wth was that.

19. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Ok so it's been pretty cool so far. The prologue is kinda ballin, the 1st wing kinda meh (Firk HEROIC CHESS IM NOT SMART ENOUGH FOR THIS) and meme silence deck in the priest challenge was depressing. Heroics are pretty doable, patron for plates and token druid for mirror ez mode but chess...

...Firk chess

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

lol priest

been bad all expansion, lets add more salt to that wound yeah

Baskitkase and 19madfox95 like this.