Design a Good high cost champion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woffleet, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Just a thread aimed at seeing if high nora champions like 7trucks could be viable in pox. Currently It seems the main issue facing this champions are spells like fading recollection and doom. I suggest adding a clause to these spells which prevents them from being cast on units 100 nora or more. Excited to see what we come up with. :)

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yes, so those spells lose the purpose they have, which is dealing with threats you couldn't otherwise deal with. Just ... no.

If you want a well-designed champ that is around 100 nora and works, look at Moog. Moog works.

3. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

I'd rather see fewer super champs.

Etherielin and Boozha like this.
  4. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

This pretty much sums it up in my experience. Every high champ gets turned to cheese with sp sl and previous st. I'D rather see combo abilities on single or duo units like geomancer since we now have mulligan and it's just more strategy tastly imo.

Etherielin and Boozha like this.
  5. Woffleet

Ok I hear what you guys are saying. But you are missing the point. I'm not talking about OP super champs. I just want to see if it is possible to develop balanced champions at above 100 nora. By this I mean champs 130 and up. Maybe Warding is needed then.

6. Boozha

What people are saying is that they will usually be broken because a certain investment on enhancing that champion will deliver disproportionate returns. Besides, they are also not fun to fight against and different factiosn are VERY differently able to deal with them. FW doesn't care at all, FS doesn't really have anything if it's not drownable.

7. ChiaoLung

I don't think it's possible. To justify that sort of investment you'd have to have a champ that's capable of taking on two or three champs at once, which would be really hard to balance because if you could get that champ into repeated 1 on 1 combats you'd run the game.

8. Woffleet

That's the point i'm trying to find a solution to those problems listed. :)

Ok just for the sake of discussion.

Mutated Firk
    FW/FS
    Nora cost 130.

ATK: 15
    DEF: 0
    RNG:5-7
    HP: 60

Leech Vitality
    Immunity Physical
    Mirrored
    Warding
    Impenetrable
    ATK psychic

What do you think of this?

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

OP as tits

10. ChiaoLung

I hate it. There's nothing fun about this champ. It's easily ampable, immune to the most common damage type in the game, if you do happen to damage it you'll be damaging your own champs and it's specifically designed to be immune to super champ counters.

Boozha and damnfoolishyeti like this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm 12 and what is this profanity

Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  12. Boozha

Since when are birds profane

They soar above, untouched by our lowly fatties

13. Woffleet

Ok. This champ is obviously OP. What about if we add Devour Life and lower the range to 1-1. So we have.

Mutated Firk
    FW/FS
    Nora cost 130.

size 2x2
    ATK: 15
    DEF: 0
    RNG:1-1
    HP: 60

Leech Vitality
    Immunity Physical
    Mirrored
    Warding
    Impenetrable
    ATK psychic
    Devour life

Now we have a large melee brawler which deals a decent amount of damage. It's main attraction it its incredible tanking since it can only be hit by basic attacks or non targeting abilities/spells which don't deal physical damage. On top of that if he's hit by a basic attack that's non physical the opposing champ takes damage and he gains life from it. However because of Devour life now the Opponent will be forced to constantly feed this monster.

Look I know most of you responding to this thread aren't doing so with constructive comments. I understand what i'm trying to do is hard and probably isn't feasible. Lets just try to make it work. No one is saying this theoretical champ is going in the game i'm just trying to find a proof of concept.

14. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Essence devourer is this without a few of the random abilities. It's 53 nora.

15. Boozha

... wat

16. Woffleet

lol This is what i'm talking about. Just nonconstructive post. Elves rule that makes absolutely no sense. This dude I created is literally immune to all physical damage takes half damage from all other sources and can't be targeted by enemy abilities.

Osidan likes this.
  17. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

K let's play the game, you're Sp, what do you do?

18. Zidiana

Zidiana The King of Potatoes

What I think is missing is reconstitute

19. Woffleet

sure If I was SP. Since this dude is 130 nora i'm assuming that I have the lead right now cause you just missed 3 turns of deployment. As such I'm in your font you're defending and this dude just popped out. My strategy would be to try and kill as many of your other units as I can and ignore this dude. He has 14 damage so its not like my whole army would be wrecked if I left him alone. Also rock trap and earth shakers bracelet would be helpful to stall him. Defiantly if my opponent has any graveyards out they'd be my first targets. If I fail to deal significant damage then I'd back off and find a new way to attack.

20. ChiaoLung

Just make it 3x3. It'll be balanced perfectly then.