hello pox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bellagion, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

What your thinking is correct if the release is not cross-platform. I found the quote that lead me to believe this. "The intention is there, but there are thing in the way that need to be done first."

Pedeguerra likes this.
  2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I dunno. The steam release was a buggy clunky mess done early because gedden was desperate for money to pay his staff.

There is no reason that this should be botched like that.

On the other hand, I have no idea how many players this will expose pox too, or if console players are going to be receptive to pox.

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

If there are two separate clients, the PS4 release will be a stillbirth. It would be the greatest tragedy of our time.

BurnPyro and Tweek516 like this.
  4. Dreadloche

Dreadloche The King of Potatoes

^this

I was there during the steam release. Seriously some of you need to tone it the f*** down, you may think you are being cool in front of your goons but it comes off as profoundly obnoxious and immature. Doucheballer is one of the worst. How much money has this troll single handedly lost for this game?

Yah you've been playing pox longer than newer players, we f*ckin get it. You will be playing with yourself if you keep scaring away everyone.

super71 likes this.
  5. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

You're adorable

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I don't know about you, guys, but KFers will always welcome any newcomer with arms wide open. Always been the case, always will be one.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

you probably just need to use more powerful champs in your fs bg. fs and sp are probably the top decks atm just because of their bonuses.

8. Ballballer

Stop

darklord48 likes this.
  9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

12% nora refund per champ with the best nora gen(deepcave extractor/sp) in the game vs 60% champ cd...(0 nora gen or stats from bonus) with the worst nora gen in the game.(unholy tomb/fw) take a guess at which faction is stronger...

10. Ballballer

Stop

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

if i came back with the intention of winning as much as possible, im picking the factions that give you free nora.(and that also happen to have the best nora gen in the game)

saying "stop" doesn't negate the facts i just gave you. Unless fw received some major major buffs i dont know about i dont see how 60%cdr(basically a worthless faction bonus) can compare to bs like 6 nora a turn or 12% nora refund on every champ just for deploying them. FW would happily take half of either of those faction bonus instead of freaking champ cdr that provides almost no benefit in most non cheese/cancer/luck based fw decks.

the only reason i ever played fw in the past is because it was/is my favorite faction lore/art/playstyle/etc. Its usually sucked compared to other more powerful/reliable options for 2 years now.(otherwise i would have been playing it like 80% of the time and not playing the other factions nearly as much, i consider myself a fw main that hasnt been able to main the faction often because its sucked most of the time competitively)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Why on earth would anyone ever want to promote that?

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

some of the more prominent of the remaining fw mains supporting that type of bs is why so many non fw mains and the devs almost never allow the faction to be decently strong.(out of fear of buffing cancerous playstyles.) Unfortunately there arent enough skilled fw mains to counter the hate it receives or to aide the devs in understanding the faction they understand the least.

the biggest reason balancing fw is so complicated is because of the stupid faction bonus it has currently, if it had a normal one like 6 out of the other 8 factions itd be relatively easy to balance.(IS could use a new bonus as well, every faction bonus should give stats or gen nora or both. champ cdr is stupid imo and makes the faction to complicated for the devs or for even most skilled non fw mains to understand)

ill give fw a try and see where its at strength wise while i relearn the game but ima prolly end up going back to fs or sp because i seriously doubt much as changed for the better with this faction, its been this way for a long time now.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I asked a sarcastic question, not "MW, could you please repeat your dogmatic spiel one more time?"

Pedeguerra, ChiaoLung and PhdNiceGuy like this.
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i only complain about the faction because there has been alot to complain about during the past 2 years. fw being my favored faction only makes things worse...

ima start playing again to see where things are at balancewise, gonna take a while to get back into the game. Hopefully im wrong about fw but i doubt it, past history leads me to believe otherwise.

16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Oh dang it better be cross platform from the start, that would be the biggest blunder otherwise.

17. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

yea this forum and sometimes in game chat is cancer and i come from some real wild west forums lol... its like being back at school, gang herd mentality.

what did super71, mw24 and others? actually do to become so hated around here? as far as i have seen they just expressed different opinions than most of you.

i actually enjoy how people can wind you all up so easily,

looks like super has had enough though, who is next?

18. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

not looking forward to around 30% extra length games if the timer goes from 1:45 to 2:30 as was suggested before. people on pc's will have an advantage using a mouse over controllers, no matter how well designed the client is imo. if 2:30, players will deploy more champions because they can use more a turn, i foresee pc players deploying more than playstation users... and the full turn time of 2:30 being used most turns, it will become the new norm, i dont see existing players still keeping within 1:45 because doing more a turn will be advantageous.

if the pc and playstation players are not mixed neither side may retain much of a playerbase imo and launch will fail, maybe even the game. i hope the playstation players initially mixed or not do stay in large enough numbers.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

tiny says fw still sucks, idk if hes trolling but i think ima play fs or sp.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Super is convinced he's not completely terrible and somehow feels his opinion carries any weight losing random games in rare league. All he does is consistently make cry threads about stuff that's either completely irrelevant or terrible, but somehow he ends up losing to it. Probably because he's bad.

Mw is actually a half decent player, but fails to correctly understand the game and is too much of a FW zealot. Is always convinced FW is bad, no matter what evidence presented that suggests otherwise. Also thinks he's the new upcoming tinydragon that only tiny and devils can beat, but fails to even beat yours truly (and others) in a best of three when called out.

They both share this trait where they seem to be playing a completely different game or are just too far removed from reality to talk sense into them, which ends up them spouting their same next-to-worthless opinions, that have been proven false, in every single thread as if somehow they're rediscovering the wheel every damn 5 minutes.

It gets to the point where you give up on them every making sense or learning a thing or two, so either ignoring them or flaming them is the easier way out. Is it the best way? Probably not. Is it a way to deal with them without forcing yourself to waste a ton of time writing a lengthy response that will get ignored in favor of their usual bias anyway? Pretty much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.