We should probably talk about reinforce

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Aug 27, 2016.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

He is clearly trying to divert our attention away from Primordial Enigma so it doesn't get nerfed.

anima62, TeaScholar and aseryen like this.
  2. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

I'm also not convinced it needs a change, clearly reinforce isn't the problem. If anything it shouldn't be reinforce that is changed- it should be the rumbler.

This isn't the only interaction that abuses the rumbler, the skywing beakon is also no-brainer synergy. Not to mention the fact that he's an on-deploy 70 nora ~20 damage tap (more with aura).

Make him slower by swapping initiative 2 with 1 or even reinforce 1/2. Most people run him in dragons with surge anyway, could also lower his base dmg and give him a sandbag.

3. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

That wasn't really directed at him so much as the entire forum :p. Only ever seen one other person do that with a thread in my entire time here, and very little more outside of threads.
    EDIT: Which I wouldn't have a problem with if "there's one "nerf entire enemy faction/buff my entire faction" thread a week" wasn't pretty much accurate.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uh, I mean, it probably shouldnt have tremor cause anti range and anti melee on the same champ is wank

5. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

it's probably Rumbler imo, that card is kinda dumb

anima62 likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Rumbler used to have Surge: Dragon 2.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

And a faction bonus.. what, too soon?

In all seriousness, get rid of rumbler and give dragons something other than pseudo range damage. He makes up for the non range by running 5 spaces from deploy and hitting stuff like a truck.

Kinda unhealthy, I know.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Rumbler is a FW champ in SL. It's very annoying.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I disagree. We don't need to change Skywings so that it is more like other themes instead of being ok with the fact that they have other advantages instead of having traditional range.

Again, maybe Rumbler needs a tap, but that's different than completely removing/changing his design (and Skywing design) so that it is more like a "normal" theme.

anima62 likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But then we can't ***** about rumbler anymore

Problem is, in my opinion, that you can't balance rumbler around the whole on deploy nuke combined with dragon beacon and reinforce into immortality. Dunno, from the few games I've played and seen, it's either a good rune on it's own, or just silly efficient.

But we'll see in a few weeks

11. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

What if this is just the first successful archetype? Like fully developed but specific combos. I'm not dealing with it as harshly because I'm low tier but i feel like this is the 2.0 of gimmicky split decks from the past.

12. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

This would probably be closer to version 32.0 of gimmicky split decks, but this isn't really a gimmick, just an overly powerful combination.

13. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

On the one hand, rumbler and imperator have been carrying the theme forever, but at the same time I think a lot of players (myself included) have been complacent about making mistakes since they don't get punished for it as often lately. You don't almost kill a UD unit and you don't almost contest an skywing font.

I know this sounds like a l2p and I'm not saying rumbler isn't worth a look after this new interaction, but the on-deploy damage is one of those things that you can expect and try to mitigate.

e: thinking on this a bit, I think I'm going to actually rescind this statement. He's coming out with a threat range of what, 9 spaces? That is p nuts.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    anima62 and BurnPyro like this.
  14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

needs to be reworked but so do alot of other things.

15. moodudu

moodudu Member

"__________ is definately a rune I like to play and having a hit to him because of an out of faction rune makes no sense."

Can't tell you how many times I've said this to myself over the years.

#JustPoxThings

16. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Had it been something like Annex where it was given to each faction during an expansion then other factions could dictate the ability as a whole, I wouldn't mind a nerf for consistency sake. As I mentioned with Daredevil I'm not sure how that rune was abused but Reinforce was removed from his kit entirely, however it seems that Screecher was designed with Reinforce in mind so that's where the efficiency comes in.

Reinforce reminds me of Nexus Aura because the ability has been around for such a long time that it's just part of the game. Redeployment is an interesting module to incorporate as is Nexus Aura. It may be a similar case, where Quagmirian lost Nexus Aura and Firk Botanist gained it. It's obvious that Reinforce works well in Skywings, just too well on Screecher, perhaps place Reinforce on a lesser/shoeboxed rune like with Nexus Aura in FS.

17. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

I hate SkyWings, and its definitely Rumbler and Imperator as to why.
    I don't even play against them anymore, I see Skywing...gg bro..nice deck.
    When I use to play against them I just found myself staring at the screen like.... How Sway? Why is this allowed to exist?

18. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

So, what I'm getting from this thread is... pretty much everyone who doesn't play skywings- even other SL players- have some kind of problem with them.
    Even if it's a single rune (relay), the fact that the opinion seems so unanimous would imply to me that, for once, calling a theme broken might actually be correct.
    Not OP, mind- just broken. As not everyone thinks they're totally OP, and if they were you'd think anyone who only cared about winning would be playing them and shooting up in the rankings.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Been playing skywings for a week.

I'm telling you straight up this is gonna need a fix at some point in time. It's like a more situational sacrifice that gets you a champ too.

Etherielin and Ballballer like this.
  20. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Weaken spells is basically the IS faction bonus and is spread on multiple champs throughout severa factions, RIP faction identity.