Potential Runes That Need Love

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Skullferno, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I want you guys to help me make a list and get some ideas brewing about potential FS runes that need some love and possible rework.

So far I am thinking of:
    Champions-
    Boghopper Bull
    Darkmarsh Sorcerer
    Firk Mastermind
    Marsh Warden

Spells-
    Evolve
    Expanded Reach
    Feeding Frenzy
    Nora Seep
    Sea Song
    Forced Evolution

Relics-
    Nora Well
    Rejuvenating Fountain
    Swamp Warts

Equipment-
    DreadEye Symbiote
    Snaptooth Helm
    Spirit Stone

That is just my list of runes I think could possibly use a little rework love. Not sure if everyone agrees, but I am gonna try to think of some ideas for em. Just recently Sok approved a rework for Rite of Empathy so we know the almighty Cactus God watches over us and takes into consideration of what we say. If we get some good ideas we might actually see some changes :D

With much love, Skullferno(Rorschach)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  2. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Feeding frenzy:

Summoned fishes come with a taunt that says: "They took our jobs!"
    After coming into play, fishes leave to go vote for Donald Trump.
    2 turns later, nora bombs explode onto both shrines for 500 damage.

Tweek516, Anima26, Etherielin and 2 others like this.
  3. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

i`d like the snaptooth helm to be something like:
    Equipped champion gains 2 ranks of res: pyshical/ 1 rank of tough. If it is a snaptooth it also gains hostile.

Skullferno and Goyo like this.
  4. Skullferno

I was thinking of Sea Song being something like

Target champion gains confused and wandering for 6 turns. If target champion has amphibious, semi-aquatic, or aquatic it instead gains loyalty and 2 ap. (35 Nora)

5. Skullferno

Also Swamp Warts could be-

20 hp, sacrifice relic. When relic is destroyed or sacrificed, nearby champions in 3 spaces of this unit take 10 fire dmg and become poisoned for 3 turns. (30 Nora)

A double edge sword that could hit you harder then others. A gamble rune if you must

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note: Spot Hostile being able to be used on a ranged unit is generally something we try and avoid.

IMAGIRL and Skullferno like this.
  7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

8. Sokolov

As I said, it's generally something we try and avoid, doesn't mean it can't exist or doesn't exist.

At the same time tho, Leoss takes advantage of that less readily due to being melee heavy and that's also 25 nora for just Hostile.

While Snaptooth have multiple long-ranged threats, plus Essence Capture via Crypt.

IMAGIRL and Skullferno like this.
  9. Skullferno

Snaptooth Helm-
    Target champion gains phase shift. If equipped champ is race Snaptooth, it insteads gets +1Def and fearless.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Firk mastermind is alright i think. Firk Prophet doe... she needs so much lovin

11. Skullferno

Well after parafeedback was nerfed I can agree. Though honestly the Revere abilities need a rework in general. I can only justify a fee actually costing so much. I do like premonition and her stats
    though

Also mastermind is okay but can't outright outright justify him being so pricey.

12. Skullferno

Boghopper Bull-

Dmg 10 Def 2 SPD 6 Rng 1 HP 45

base abilities: amphibious, attack physical

Upgrade tier 1: bulwark:Boghopper, protective, warrior Foe
    Upgrade Tier 2: leap 3, massive leap, crushing charge

Anima26 likes this.
  13. Sokolov

Note that Para feedback was buffed to 3 turns.

Skullferno likes this.
  14. Skullferno

Note that you can now get around it with most range champs if you play carefully. Sure the glass cannon snipers will be affected but the medium range guys won't. I just brutally molested a Rage of the Circle the other night with hyaenids. It's a double edge sword

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Regarding Firk Prophet, can you give it divine favor rank 2 on base, and give it a healing option in U2. Remove Immunity psychic cause that's an awful ability for a firk

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

prophet had first aid on release when first aid was being pushed. The rune art shows firk prophet healing a boghopper. Your suggestions are appropriate.

17. Sokolov

What contributed to this and when?

18. Sokolov

Note that Prophet has a -4 nora modifier, making Immunity: Psychic basically free right now. I'd hesitate to remove it from her and give her a discount at cost.

19. Skullferno

about 3 blue moons and a shitty childhood.

20. Sokolov

No, seriously. The only change I know of since I came back was that it got buffed to 3 turns. What changed to make it more easily circumvented now?

Skullferno likes this.