UD still underwhelming

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Theoutcast, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Very few UD players ...Just about everyone posting in this forum plays another faction....Devs need to do something to fix the balance. UD - Very low amount of viable tanks/survivability, No cleanse, no healing, no ranged, low utility, and any decent champ costs 80-85+

Now, you're gonna get the jackass who plays another faction who will point out 1 rune and say....Nooo see UD has Mino stoker that can cleanse. Anyone who knows anything thats not a viable cleanse in most BGs. High nora cost, not a spot cleanse, needs to be near deployment zone, your own unit takes 10 fire damage...just garbage as a real cleanse. Thats just an example of the weak arguments people use.

I've been promised that the next UD midterm champ is good, but 1 champ can't fix a whole broken system. If it is any good...I'm sure the little bastards who play this game will complain that their faction didn't get it and eventually the devs will nerf it.

Plant likes this.
  2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

first cleanse is a crutch that UD's massive third leg doesn't need. You want to hit the Firkers hard and fast so no armor either.

But for real a good UD bg right now is still arrow eater if you can afford the buffsairs. Check out baneshift for a cleanse. If you want healing try mandate of sheoul or just play bleed. Demon lich also has cleanse but I agree with Firk the 10 damage. Sheoul monster isn't a terrible tank at around 78. I'm just throwing some stuff out here so use what you will.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Like I said..people who don't know much are attempting ttheir weak arguments.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

He's trying to help you, dude, something I've given up on.

MEATMAN likes this.
  5. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Well, this speaks to my point exactly.
    1. You can't use bane shift in a ranked game.
    2. Having a six speed champ that costs over 70 nora with a cleanse that deals 10 damage to your own unit..ISNT PRACTICAL YOU GD IDIOTS. So you need 3-5 turns to set up your cleanse? ffs you guys are ********
    3. This isn't helping ME. I'm trying to help the faction get back on track. Morons who don't know Bane Shift keep adding their 2 cents and think they're helping is the problem.

6. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I just wanna say a reverberating blast vs UD for example literally stops you

Fentum likes this.
  7. nepyonisdead

so a 55 nora spell sets u back a turn literally same goes for hammer strike etc etc , I know some may saw well FS dont have cleanse and to them I say hte cheap champs + nora bonus means that spending 40 nora to stall will set u back almost one deploy behind the opponent so Yes I have to say UD needs a good Spot cleansing Option and so does FS. Cleanse is a utility every faction should have just like detection, shatter and others

8. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Agreed. This spell is a particular issue for me as UD. I wouldn't want a straight up spot cleanse, though, as it isn't flavourful. Perhaps some painful option?

10. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Nepy, you're an idiot...The way you counter that is you play a demon lich 3 turns prior to the reverberating blast...HOPE that the enemy is an idiot and doesn't get the demon lich in the blast...and then do an extra 10 damage to your own unit to get it cleansed...simple...You only need to have a minimum of 3 units there and have the enemy be an idiot...simple

11. nepyonisdead

@davre I am sorry mate how is asking for cleanse in a faction that doesnt scale with late game not only reasonable but necessary. I know you have been here a long time and I respect that but I am trying to say this in a respectful way. Some utilities are a MUST like how would you feel if ur main faction had no detection or no cleanse. I am not asking that UD becomes perfect but please lets stop having this debate and just give UD a cleaning spell or relic or equip AGAIN I hope the devs also give FS the same option

12. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Doesnt FS have that temple relic that cleanses? I'm not an FS expert so I don't know if its viable or not

13. nepyonisdead

its cleansing aura so its not spot cleanse

14. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

A spot cleanse isn't flavorful? STHU..who even are you? Ohh so you're saying UD can only get melee offense stuff? Thats the only flavor? You mean like cool equip that gives them manic? oh wait that got nerfed...so what exactly is UD flavor.....ohhh or is you know..dealing damage (leech vitality) to gian survivability UD flavor?? oh wait that got nerfed too...Anything "UD" has been nerfed..soooo

15. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

16. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I have always thought that a good spot cleanse for UD would be something along the lines of a single target spell that cleanses and gives unstoppable and hostile but also short lived one. Cleanse with a UDish drawback.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  17. nepyonisdead

Ill take it

18. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Id take that..assuming it cost like 20 nora or less

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think a flavorful spot cleanse for UD would be an equipment that grants bleed and cleanses the equipped champ when hitting a bloodied champ.

20. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

20 nora is too good. short lived globe would make it almost a free spell minus losing the champ. 35ish sounds good

nepyonisdead and SPiEkY like this.