PC Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Senshu, Mar 20, 2014.

1. nivekflakes

nivekflakes I need me some PIE!

@Senshu Was this issue ever looked into? I also just tried running PoxNora on Windows 10 and am experiencing the same issue

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

no, i just uninstalled windows 10.

3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Are you having a similar problem? This appeared to be a conflict with other factors that couldn't be isolated. If you are having this problem can you describe in full detail what your process for downloading. It is really difficult to find the cause without more information.

4. nivekflakes

nivekflakes I need me some PIE!

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. I loaded Poxnora and the background images do not load. The game plays just very slowly. I did a repair on the client and it did not change anything.

5. Senshu

Did you try Tip #10?

6. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

I have a problem with launching the game.
    Tried repairing it, manually wiping it from the PC and reinstalling it.
    The game is working, but all I get is a white screen. I can turn it off or even log in by blindly doing so. But the white screen persists.

Would really appreciate some help with this.

Note: I haven't changed anything with my computer since I last played.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  7. Senshu

When you say manually wiping are you uninstalling the game and then going into your install directory and deleting the Pox Nora folder?

What video card do you have in your computer? It could very well be that your video driver is out of date. Also, are you using the standalone download from PoxNora.com or are you using the Steam version, just to make sure?

8. Hekau718

I uninstalled the game and deleted the folder as well. updated all drivers, prayed to three different gods and deities, read a self-help book, but so far - Nothing.
    I'm looking into Yoga VHS tapes and completely flushing my computer and starting fresh with the new Windows 10.

I'm using the standalone version. I'll give the steam one a try.
    EDIT: Success! The Steam version works.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  9. Senshu

That is great news! When did you first start having the problem with launching and it showed only a white screen, and when was the last time you played where this did not happen?

10. Hekau718

My last game before I took a break was on April 27th. Didn't change anything on my computer. Got back few days ago, updated the game and got the white screen.
    But I'm very happy that Steam version is working. And this white screen problem seems to be unique to me, so hopefully it doesn't become a prevailing issue with the game.
    Glad to be back!

11. Senshu

We are glad you are back, and hopefully when we switch over to the new game client that will resolve such issues.

12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I get the all white login screen as well on the client.

13. Senshu

Did this just start happening, because I thought it was other visual problems you were having?

14. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

No, all my problems happened at the same time. It was the right after the downloaded of windows 10. All loading and log screen for the game client are pure white (except for the space where you type and sign in or a loading globe)

15. Senshu

Hmm, that is very odd. Definitely seems like something tied to the Win 10 upgrade.

16. rikkymaru

rikkymaru New Member

Hi! I tried to Play on PS4 But it was extremely LAG, and frozen on loads time. Then i Tried play on PC, and the game runs smothier with no lag at first, but after a few minutes playing it bacame frozen on screen and i cant take any more action. I close the game and open again , so i can reconect to last match, but after a few minutes it became frozen again. Why cant i play normal? I am from Brazil. But i have best PC machine and Internet connection possible. So no way it is my PC ou Internet problem. I tried Update Java, but nothing get better. I dont know what more to do. I guess i will have to claim for refound on Steam for my spent Money on the game.

17. Senshu

Today we deployed a fix for the PC Freezing issue, and one of the issues that would cause PC and PS4 to get stuck loading.

The old Java client and server are no longer available.