Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Zetsu

Zetsu The King of Potatoes

Quit Hearthstone a long time ago. That change where you couldn't use certain runes didn't want to make me go back and releasing runes that were better with same stats like that 5/4 taunt that was 5 mana then released a 5/4 taunt for 4 mana instead of bringing changes is just not OK. Overwatch will be the last game I play from Blizzard. Even this one has disappointed me. It seemed like finally a game where devs listen but they only pretended to. I'm going to see if I can chargeback the game. Firk Blizzard.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, same impression here. So far I'm really enjoying it, the new board is pretty awesome and I like the powerlevel on the cards released so far.
    The chess chalenge was awesome, but I've only played the normal mode for now.
    Gotta say, though, playing Purify with a deck made for it to shine is pretty darn cool, maybe it will be a competitive deck someday. There is potential.
    Either way, shaping up to be a really cool adventure, and Im glad I didnt have my hopes up in the first place.
    Also, there is a special line in every boss if you are playing with Mediv as Mage's alternate hero.
    These details are so awesome.

Whenever you are fed up with Blizzard just play Warcraft 3 and then the Frozen Throne expansion.
    Those are the games they did right.

3. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I am holding out hope that now that sc2 has finished its story arc warcraft 4 will be a thing. Likely futile but one can hope.

Haven't tried the new expansion yet but only a couple of the cards appeal to me.

BurnPyro likes this.
  4. Pedeguerra

Humm, sc2 finishing its story arc is indeed great news.
    I never really undesrtood why they stopped with the Warcraft arc and just shoved SC into people who liked that genre - for me it got killed, I was never really a fan of sci fi games.
    Here's to hoping some day Warcraft 4 will be released.

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

THREAD NECROMANCY

Monthly HS update :

Adventure was ok. Super easy but ok (except heroic Netherspite Firk that guy). Cards are pretty cool. Didn't mess up the game as much as I thought it would but it's still early.

First things first, this beauty.
    [​IMG]
    I haven't had that much fun playing Rogue since the good ol' Oil days. Actually, it's pretty much the same shell but instead of Blade Flurry'ing everything, you kill them with their own terrible spells. A++ would recommend.

Also got 3 legs in 2 packs this week, all playable (that golden Gruul will turn out into something decent). BEHOLD

Pedeguerra and BurnPyro like this.
  6. Pedeguerra

Congrats on that pack, awesome.
    Agreed on everything regarding the adventure and power level.
    That rogue deck looks insanely fun

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Thy vid was hilarious

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I do it for you guys

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Just beat this guy in arena, apparently there's a forsen who's supposed to be all internet famous

[​IMG]

Any way to verify?

Also lol TC1-30 rng to steal his taunt.

Pedeguerra, Tweek516 and 19madfox95 like this.
  10. Pedeguerra

Nice. I also played this fella one time in ranked. No idea if its THE twitch guy or not.
    Also, guys, I just made an experiment that turned out sucessful:
    I bought the whole adventure with gold by just doing dailies since the release. Actually, to be completely honest, when the expansion was released I think I had 85 gold.
    What I did is: I rerolled every 40 gold quest, and I made sure I had at least 3 victories a day (for the 10g). Just yesterday I was able to buy the last part of Karazhan.
    I was unsure I could do it by playing it minimally as I have, but the mission was sucessful.
    Just a tip for you.

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I just paid 5$ for an Al'Akir and a Nat Pagle AMA

12. Pedeguerra

Im unsure on your feelings towards this.
    I mean, Al'Akir is pretty good.

13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Al'Akir was one of the 4 class legs I was missing and... somewhere in the middle concerning it's playable status (above Krush, somewhat equal/below Cenarius and LORD JAXX). I'm satisfied by the sole fact that I didn't get a duplicate.

Pagle be Paglin'. He'll join Cho on the bench and eagerly await for Millhouse.

14. Pedeguerra

Yeah, its a pretty good deal, agreed.
    Been playing HS only minimally these days, am bored a bit by it (finally).

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'd play more if the thing stopped getting ddos'd every 5 minutes.

GOD DAMN IT NERDS

16. Pedeguerra

Hauhauahauah
    But I still love the game. So much faster than MTG... Much more.... Casual, per se.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

behold scrubs

[​IMG]

95% of these were control warrior, rest patron shenanigans. Control is better now with portal and OP no damage while attacking stuff.

AMA about the wasted 500 hours of my life

Rank 14 cause im really bad, also shaman, but mostly cause im bad

Won my last match in a control vs control warrior in the sickest way ever. He gets justicar and elise early, i don't. So he's building up a ton of armor and gets the map at turn 9. I'm like tripping balls. The only thing I have going for me is that I have malchehaar and he doesn't, so the 5 extra cards are pretty good.

He ends up going full out for my **** while I'm saving my removals, end up having to drop yogg after he monkeys with a decent hand and 7 cards left cause I'm at 12 hp and he's at 30+34 armor. I clear board, draw some cards, get ice barrier (!) top kek. He ends up blowing his 4 charge gorehowl, a minion attack and double bash on it. I'm like k, ice barrier. He emotes for joy.

Fast forward, I'm holding on with 2 hp and 2-4 armor for a couple rounds while doing nifty stuff with my own monkey: like new hogger + baron geddon to keep refreshing the 2/2 taunt. He has but a few cards left, but 70hp. I'm at 6 still. He starts overdrawing, I clear out the board while staying alive, kill his last stuff using everything, got a pagle (lol jib) and a gruul (thank Firk) left. Didn't get my justicar before the monkey btw, sad times. End up playing gruul with 1 card in my deck left. He gets cocky and emotes gg cause lol +4 armor and that hp. I draw lightlord as my last card, gg win ragequit.

It was lol rngthanks, yogg and the lightlord, but damn that Bane Shift was sexy.

So yeah, might play something else now. The "I am essence of magic" druid maybe.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Tweek516 likes this.
  18. Pedeguerra

Hahaha, awesome. I'm dreading the day I try to reach my 500 wins with Warrior, but gladly its the last class I will use for that.
    Either way, good job bud. I'm aware of the struggle and time needed to pull it off. Congrats.
    Regarding Druid, yeah go for it. I think beast druid is more consistent, but magic druid is hella lot more fun.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Im close to a full set

thanks me man

20. Pedeguerra

Upcoming Hearthstone Balance Changes
    A set of balance tweaks is coming in a game update. This hits the most highly represented classes and a couple of neutral cards including Yogg. This patch will be going live before the Last Call event for the Hearthstone World Championships. Last Call Invitationals start October 8th.

• Rockbiter Weapon now costs 2 mana (Up from 1)
    • Tuskarr Totemic can now only summon Basic totems (the same ones from your hero power)
    • Call of the Wild now costs 9 mana (Up from 8)
    • Execute now costs 2 mana (Up from 1)
    • Charge's mana cost has been lowered to 1 (Down from 3) but the minion it is applied to cannot attack a hero that turn.
    • Abusive Sergeant's now has 1 attack (Down from 2)
    • Yogg-Saron, Hope's End will now stop casting spells if he is destroyed, silenced, transformed, or returned to the owner's hand.
    [​IMG]
    Discuss this Nerf [​IMG]
    Discuss this Nerf [​IMG]
    Discuss this Nerf [​IMG]
    Discuss this Nerf

[​IMG]
    Discuss this Nerf [​IMG]
    Discuss this Nerf [​IMG]
    Discuss this Nerf

Pretty big changes. Good for the game, I feel. Too bad I couldnt get my 500 ranked shamans wins yet, the nerf will surely help slow down my progress.
    Crap.

Tweek516 likes this.