Patch Preview: Pounce/Swoop/Massive Leap consolidation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Ah cool. I was thinking it was going to be a relocate and then makes a basic attack. Will it not apply On hits?

2. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

I do agree with making swoop and pounce into an attack, I would only ask you consider wings of glory getting a cost decrease to maybe 30 nora (-5)

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It won't apply anything that requires a basic attack trigger currently. That said, it may end up being a basic attack tho (for reasons).

4. Nora That

block, counter mele, reflexes then should all play a part

5. Nora That

Also there's bounce to consider, does the attack happen then bounce? Because charge just bounces no attack happens

6. Sokolov

Bounce interacts with the abilities currently too.

7. Nora That

I know of it's current functionality, I only bring it up as bounce has had a various bug compilation (thanks for fixing them) so as not to be something that's forgotten or not thought about

8. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I actually kinda liked Pounce ass an AOE effect because it provided a counter to things like One With Nora. Sad to see that will change.
    With the new Pounce, is there a way to figure out where it will be relocated on the targeted champion or relic? This information is crucial when powerturn for example.

9. Sokolov

One with Nora triggers on basic attacks, none of these are changing to basic attacks, so they will still not trigger One with Nora.

It's the same as Swoop - it will try to goto the closest, if both are tied, the tie break is the standard NW/NE/SE/SW:

upload_2016-9-23_22-23-14.png

Credit to @kalasle's Complete Rules: https://verumvenari.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/completearcanerules-1-3.pdf

Anima26 likes this.
  10. Cinder405

Thanks for the info.

So correct me if I'm wrong but its still not technically a basic attack so it still functions like an AOE and so therefore bypasses def.

11. Sokolov

It's an attack. Like how Arrow Shot is an attack, but it doesn't count as basic.

Attacks are subject to DEF, basic or not, and are not AOEs.

Anima26, Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  12. Cinder405

Ok so it's not gonna go through defense like it used to. :(

13. Sokolov

Not by default, no.

14. Cinder405

Will it apply DoT effects, Sunder, Crushing Blow Effect. Or Dogpile?

Also does it do only physical damage still or does it mirror the type of attack the certain champ has?

15. Cinder405

@profhulk Maybe it could apply the slowed condition for a turn?

16. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Too cheap. Novas deal 1 less damage, give no relocation, have longer CD and cost 1 more nora. They apply conditions which are normally stronger than KB 1 and cost 1 less AP, but I don't think these compensate for the other things I've mentioned.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  17. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

My only suggestion at the moment would be the Fae Mantid (the rare tank for faeries), because its art suggests it either erupts out of the ground or caused a slam. I'll make a list of champs I could imagine it working on and post it here later.

IronStylus likes this.
  18. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Hell NO! Please.... I hate this change really much. 6 damage for an activated ability is right in enough spot. It just can't deal aoe 10 like an aoe basic attack. It's just too much. I loved the lumbering part that gives the ability some sort of cc.
    This was meant to be an ability for tanks. They can't do that much aoe dmg. +4 is a lot.

- CD 2?
    I'm telling you will need to nerf this ability in the patch following next. To 8 dmg or cd 3.
    Didn't even read whole text. Stopped right there to express my objection. 10 dmg is too high, and ruins the ability flavor. Combined with low cd and removing cc part makes it an offensive ability, that mostly deals damage. I saw massive leap as a utility, especially good for tanky champions, making them fit the role, which is protecting themselves and others. Aoe could be adjusted though

19. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The significant thing here is whether the new ability is on the attack chain or not.

20. Nastyhobo

Nastyhobo The King of Potatoes

Interesting changes I like it. but CD 2? That's leap 3 with 10 extra damage and a knockback every other turn.

Kampel likes this.