Forglar Meta?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Monyx, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

ive been gone for quite a while......whats the meta looking like? post your bgs here.

2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

I will show you what owned me really hard last time I played vs FS meta. I will add runes the player used and I remember, I'm not sure of his entire bg.
    https://poxbase.com/deck/c6VCq-c2@czwCivs6TS1gS5Bs54rWe2w
    These and 2 jellebrium overminds were enough to win the game.
    My advice:
    Play this:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/cxnCgICq-cqWc2@czwctFcoHcd0CaUCivs1s6Tsqs1PS1gs6-S5Bs54s7YrWr2ae2w
    Clear your mind. Add jellebrium overmind or how's he called (the one with dispelling blows).
    Learn how to play every champion, every spell and every equip, then change the bg depending on your preferences. You have tools to face everything.
    Put a lot of thought into every deploy, every champ, his possibilities and playstyle. Put a lot of thought into using horn of order and deploying the banner. Modifying bg is just a next step of learning the game.

Anima26 likes this.
  3. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

@IronStylus How come Kartch makes it to the meta instead of cheaper ranged champs? Is it for Precision and to run him with Destiny?

4. IronStylus

Well... I was playing nkd, so the guy was prepared for that it seems.
    But what I wanted to say, is you should pick any meta bg, for example the one I posted, and don't overanalyze how much nora you spend on a guy, does he have 10 or 11 base or anything. Just remember he's got precision, can leap 8 speed and shoot at range 5. But yeah, mostly for precision.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Mindshredders, Moog, Swamp Thing, Snaptooth Ancient, Chipped Boulder Monk, Tortun Fishkisser

6. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

7 speed 3-5 ranged with Leap 3 is great for poking. He can Leap and still double tap. Then he has 1 def, 50hp, a dot, iron will and precision for added goodness, precision is particularly useful. Love me some Kartch.

This. Id also add Snaptooth Dusk Shaman, Enforcers, Augurs, P Elementals and Slick as options, i havent tried the new frog with Bodyguard but he seems like a potential 1x. Tide Master is still a good option for Drown. FS had alot of Water Front removed in last patch but Sok has said he is adding some of it back in places. The meta for FS might shift a little once next patch hits.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  7. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

poison trap.

Anima26 likes this.
  8. Leadrz

and incase i forgot, run another poison trap.

Anima26 likes this.
  9. Keku

Keku The King of Potatoes

Are swamp things worth running in meta? I find them a bit expensive and completely useless in the mirror match.

Btw, why do people value tendrils so highly?

10. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

11. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

lol so basically its just like it was when i left. alright thanks!!

Anima26 likes this.
  12. Anima26

The Thing is currently the best Drown enabler. Tidal Wave + Leech Vitality can be crazy good if u can keep Thing alive long enough too. Idk about Tendrils, its a decent zoning tool, provides water and isnt removed by Naturalize KF spell. I dont run it myself, i prefer other runes.

More or less although some peoples decks will have changed bits and pieces over last 6 months or so.

Keku likes this.
  13. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

You could also run Thing with domain water instead of tidal wave. Costs drop to 75 and it gets mobility and more oomph.

14. Anima26

Tidal Wave so worth, unless they ever stop letting it trigger Leech Vitality, then i may consider Domain.

15. Keku

Keku The King of Potatoes

What do you all reckon is the best detection option?

16. Anima26

Probably just running Emergency Kit, if you have the room that is. But depends on the theme of your deck. Snaptooth have easy option with Dead Eye, Boghoppers got plenty of options with Shadow, Warden and Huntmaster. Turtles got Hawker. Firk got Psy Sentry. Mirefolk got Templar or Shamfie. Salaman got plenty of options with Trapper and lots of Provision: Utility. For Meta i guess Emergency Kit like i say is maybe the best. If i wanted a champ with it id probably go for Huntmaster, Shadow or Hawker myself.

17. IronStylus

I'm surprised you didn't mention the detection I already added - firk mind shredder. You should be good in any situation. You can use more prediction and thought about position of your opponents. Just play it, and if the detection source is not enough - please, let me know.

18. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Imo thats the way to go. Too many good stuff to fit in too few slots and shredder can take care of pseudo detection just fine. Also, stealth isnt that proeminent in current meta, so no need for a hard counter.

19. Leadrz

Please don't forget about relics and the like that can be stealthed.

Some specific ones can be such a hassle to find or prevent otherwise.
    Eg. Poison trap, the KF thingy relic mirror, any 'trap relic' and usual traps.

20. Anima26

I have a habit of winging it when it comes to stealth, like you said 4nik8, the room in meta decks are just so tight that i always end up dropping Emergency Kit for something else and i just dont see problematic stealth runes often enough to tech it into my decks. I can see how pinger can work as a pseudo stealth detect but thats only really going to work when you already have a good idea of where the unit is, or u just get lucky. Emergency Kit is far more consistent, but requires an extra slot so whatever floats your boat really.