You didn't watch the presidential debate last night

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Sep 27, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ive always been amused by those who deny that men had(have) a large hand in the changing of the climate, as they are usually the ones driving big ass pick up trucks exhausting like its the 20's.

Tweek516 likes this.
  2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

but I don't have a small ***** and I need to emphasize this fact by driving big things

3. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

American football. I've watched a few games of that other game though last night I caught the end of the hockey match between Canada and Europe. That was an exciting ending.

4. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Trump would be incorrect in suggesting the predictions are overblown, if that were what he was saying at all, but his literal tweet states 'The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.' Specifically, he's saying the very concept is a Chinese invention, and he's implying it was to hobble the U.S.A. financially in comparison to China. This is a patently false statement, one that, to my knowledge, he has not retracted and has instead flat out denied making.

While what he means by 'in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.' may be up for interpretation, I fail to see how the part where he claims climate change to be a manufactured bogey man could be interpreted in any other manner.

Tweek516 and Geressen like this.
  5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

http://xkcd.com/1732/
    Saying western countries should be able to pollute because China does its akin to saying that you should be able to smoke crack because others do.

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Except that's not really the argument. It more: Western countries probably don't need such stringent regulations because in the end we won't be limiting ourselves enough to make up for countries like China who won't be limiting themselves. And, in the meanwhile, China forges forward at a faster pace than countries with stricter regulations.

Baskitkase likes this.
  7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You're right, it is more like saying that the competition is using steroids, so we should to, otherwise they'll have an advantage. There are other ways to limit China without continuing to contribute to climate change in the US. Tariffs on goods from China would be an effective way to limit their import into the US. Since it wouldn't stop imports completely, the money could be used as an incentive for companies that produce similar goods in the US while meeting the regulations.

Tweek516 and SPiEkY like this.
  8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Seems like the US' days at the top of the global pecking order are drawing to a close.

This isn't because of any conspiracy, it's because an industrious country of 1.3 billion people was for a long time ******** by internal politics and external imperialism - and now isn't.

Trump is not going to stop the massive, and natural, global shift of power to China. Though I'm sure he will exploit anxiety about it for votes.

Boozha, Geressen and Tweek516 like this.
  9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

us population 319 million, we picked a convict and a lunatic for our candidates. All politicians views go with the wind and whatever direction gets them a vote, can't trust any of them. Our 3rd party candidate had another aleppo moment so he's not even an option. How the Firk did we let these people even get in to the primaries.

Dammit America

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Now now, America is great by God, they'll recover.

11. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Got my popcorn ready. Who's in for tonight?

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't need to watch it. GOP.com already told me Mike Pence won:

upload_2016-10-4_17-25-51.png

I, for one, welcome our new Clairvoyant Conservative Overlords.

SPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPIN. That mainstream media though!

BurnPyro likes this.
  13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Wait, so one side had already pre-written a statement that their candidate (in their own opinion, mind you) "won" a debate?

Color me surprised.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm too busy catching up on Mr. Robot season 2.

15. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Has Mr. Trump's camp issued any substantive policy proposals vis a vis America's recent clown insurgency?

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

We nuke 'em

Repeatedly

17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

So I guess Trumps ambitions were just brutally murdered. I applaud.

18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Welcome back :p

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

im confused, which one was convicted?

20. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

As bad as that audio is, it still doesn't hold a candle to Hillary enabling Bill's actions.

SPiEkY likes this.