IS font bonus

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by GabrielQ, Mar 5, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Gone, carouse now costs 0AP to activate to help your slower theme and some 5 speeders get a bump on speed.
    What do you want to replace your old font bonus?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    xRugolth likes this.
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Perhaps one of these:

1. Opposing relics cannot be deployed in this font zone.

2. At the end of your turns, friendly champions within this font zone gain Enlightened and Tough 1 for 3 turns. This effect does not stack. (sort of like how the SP bonus works).

3. The first 5 damage dealt to friendly champions inside this font zone is prevented. This effect does not stack, and refreshes at the end of your turns.

4. Friendly champion abilities used within this font zone cost 1 less AP. This does not affect basic attacks. (could possibly stack with Sanctuary of Hope, but that might be too much; I'd personally just change the rune/ability altogether)

Baskitkase, GabrielQ and xRugolth like this.
  3. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

That 1st one would be to much.

4. JazzMan1221

I don't see how. Spells can't be cast in the FW font zone, stealthed champs can't enter the UD font zone........the IS font zone should deny relics. It's not like people can't contest, they just can't do it with relics. If anything, it HELPS the opponent, since they wouldn't have to waste valuable nora contesting your fonts.

Baskitkase, jayscales1 and xRugolth like this.
  5. xRugolth

Now that you put in that format its a good topic to disscuss

6. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

the only way the font bonus should ever be conssidered for change is if the faction bonus got significantly stronger in the process.

Axeraiser likes this.
  7. only

only Active Member

relic denying font idea is interesting. would it mean going instead of current with no other changes?

8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Carouse does not speak for the whole faction. There should be little relation between a carouse tweak and font bonus changing. If the font bonus is to be changed... then so be it. Carouse needs to be changed as well... but dont try to "this for that" plz.

sassquatch likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

After all these years, all I can say is

#Justicehasbeenserved

jenovah2 likes this.
  10. jayscales1

jayscales1 The King of Potatoes

i say keep font bonus as is! If change it, im all for no relics may be deployed in this font! whhich includes flashbangs snow traps etc.!

11. GabrielQ

Changing IS font bonus, KF bonus and removing ready from arctic are steps needed to reverse the speedcreep. Of course changes will have to be made for some champions.

12. only

only Active Member

I somehow feel it was for me, is it?

13. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

changing faction and/or font bonuses are not needed steps... addressing problem champs and preventing design creep is a needed step. granted the kf faction bonus does create an ugly split faction scenario. but historically its always been if you have a strong faction bonus you get a relatively week font bonus. and then vice versa, a strong font bonus means you get a weak faction bonus. I don't deny we have one of the strongest font bonuses but we also have one of the weakest faction bonus. but when you blend them together you actually get something unique and flavorful. the same could be said for nearly every faction.

to say IS needs less help font capping is like saying UD needs to deal less damage or that SL needs to be less survivable. it would destroy any flavor in this game tied to factions and in the end youd be better off removing faction and font bonuses completely (which ive seen several posts around arguing for this).

ArtmanOz and Rapidice like this.
  14. xRugolth

Chief its all about #DWARFS

15. joycefinnigan

joycefinnigan The King of Potatoes

I don't mind IS's font bonus being nerfed so long as it is a part of a comprehensive nerf to all factions bonus's/font bonus's. ST, IS, and FW's font bonus's are out of line; but KF, SP, and especially FS faction bonus's need a tap (FS probably needs a total rework to be honest)

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Would need a new faction bonus because our OP font bonus out ways the less strong (it's still OP) faction bonus.
    Also they need to sharing the snow AoE of ST fonts by one because Arctic plus the snow basically gives them the IS font plus it's normal bonus.

OriginalG1 and Nora That like this.
  17. GabrielQ

Ready from arctic should go at the same time as IS font bonus is changed. Any ideas on a new faction bonus?

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sorry but this post does not make any sense.

IS & ST bonus have needed a change since forever. They've been dumb advantages for no reason. Early game drawwins are not something any faction should rely on, regardless of your faction bonus or your flavor.

jenovah2 and GabrielQ like this.
  19. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

IS champs are slower than the rest of the factions because of the font bonus, you would have to do a WHOLE lotta reworking

20. JazzMan1221

I actually really like IS's current faction bonus. Spell spam is one of my most hated mechanics in the game, and making it extremely inefficient just by playing IS is good news in my book. Think about all those times when you were just a few HP short of finishing off a champ, and the IS bonus either made you waste a 50 nora AOE or leave it alive because all your finishing spells would be negated by the bonus. Or those times you were calculating for a powerturn and you forgot about the IS faction bonus drastically decreasing the nora gen of your double TC. Plus, changing the faction bonus would screw Clockwork Swarm, who relies on the decreased damage from spells to negate the downsides of Numerous. The IS faction bonus should stay exactly as it is.