Discussion: Pox Nora on PlayStation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 14, 2016.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

They will be, its standard practice now for games to be matched cross platform (some games at least)

2. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

Im not really into handheld gaming,, but if pox is running/looking good on a vita,, I might actually buy one just for pox.
    wow,, at work playing pox,, a dream.

any more info on pox on vita would be great!!

Qucas, SPiEkY, Lushiris and 1 other person like this.
  3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We are doing everything we can to have a fully integrated player base regardless of platform. There are some platform restrictions, but players should be pretty happy with the results.

TeaNinja, Gnomes, Etherielin and 5 others like this.
  4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

awesome to hear!

but could we get some more pictures or updates or anything with more substance really?

Qucas and Etherielin like this.
  5. Senshu

Things are still in flux while we make revisions to the UI, and there is still a much that needs to be done with the visual effects. We will show more in the future, but we don't want to give any false impressions by showing something too early.

6. paul harris

paul harris The King of Potatoes

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

That's a big deal - need to fix that asap

8. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah those kind of issues need to be addressed quickly.

Can this game be ported to iPad or any tablet? There is really nothing like this in the market and everything is very day based va turn based. Nothing is real time strategy.
    j
    DO, you guys could make thousands. How much would be the coding to do something and to make an app for customization?

Also with the ps4 release, are you guys looking to increase the support staff? More people will add frequent questions (ie timing of response is futile)

In the time where player retention is huge, is there a way new players can just face new players? So you join, there is a tral of 7 days before you can face higher level players. If there is no newer, can opt in to face experienced players. That could be worth looking into.

Possibly adding to the poxnora website about the pros and cons of each faction, which is more new player friendly (ie UD) and which is not (ie fw)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  9. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

@Senshu Why does it say the game is out on PS4 and PSVita when it obs hasn't yet.

10. Senshu

We contacted Sony about the a while ago. Apparently there is some sort of issue with there web back-end that isn't being updated properly. We are working with them to get this resolved.

Tweek516 likes this.
  11. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Has it been released or when is the current expected date?

12. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Just chiming in to say that making each player's nora public info would be hella dumb, and that senshu is an idiot if he believes that it wouldnt be incredibly easy to "guess" which hidden spell had been cast and which champ it had been cast on 90+% of the time.

13. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

[​IMG]

14. Senshu

The Nora being shown for both players has been dumped, but that is something that has been brought up by players.
    No it has not been released and a release date has not been announced. We are working with Sony to clear up this confusion.

OchiK and Etherielin like this.
  15. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Duuuuuuuuuuude that right there is important for us, could you tell us more please

Etherielin and 19madfox95 like this.
  16. Senshu

The showing both player's nora in a match has been sidelined for the initial release of the new client. We weren't happy with how it looked or functioned. This has not been abandoned, but we didn't want this to slow down the development.

17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, I dunno if it affects anything, but if you start showing the opponent's nora, I won't play anymore.

18. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

Exactly what is the thought process in instituting this change? Why is/was it deemed beneficial to display both players resource total?

It would seem easy enough to gauge an approximation of the opponents nora reserves by what they play, and if they play nothing then you know that they are building up to/for something depending upon current board positions and game flow.

However it's still an approximation and is a skill that one hones through experience to know what the opponent is capable of. If it is simply displayed for all it is no longer a part of strategy and represents a dumbing down of gameplay.

Ballballer likes this.
  19. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

If you really wanted to you could exactly calculate the nora your opponent has with little to no effort*. So I don't know what the fuzz is about.
    Publicly displaying it would add convenience and help players to concentrate on the important parts of the game. The game's supposed to be about strategy.
    Making the prettiest spreadsheet/app to keep track of your opponents nora shouldn't be one of the skills required to be great at the game.

*In some exotic situations that may be untrue. For the typical [play champion||spell||whatever, get nora from x fonts and shrine||avatar, pick up nora globe] stuff the fontloaded work would be investing ~15-30 min in setting up a spreadsheet and then actively spending a handful of seconds during your opponents turn punching the numbers in.

"But my hidden spells will be totally obvious!!! T_T" - Making the cost of hidden effects be subtracted from your opponents nora pool at the moment the effect is triggered instead of when the spell was casted shouldn't be that hard.

You might have had a point if we went back to the past when nora costs were not displayed for the champions your opponent played.. but by now the whole thing is like so passé.

badgerale and bambino like this.
  20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I hear what you're saying, but deception is a large part of my (personal) strategy when I play this game. I don't want my opponent to know where my guys are, or how much nora I have, or whether or not I just cast a spell, so, for me, this change would be a dealbreaker.