Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I expected it to have lost Race: Dragon when i saw Ravager, Skithmaw and the likes had lost it. Must be Detection? But Broodmom has access to that so im not sure.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

There is nothing in the text to indicate that this portion of the interaction isn't WAI or WAD.

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Wasn't my line of thought - merely a mention that it works with them, potentially suggesting how to tackle the ability.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What does it suggest, exactly? And tackle in what way?

5. Anima26

Will Water Front be given back to any champions in next patch? I feel like Mirefolk could really do with an extra Water Front champion. Or is Tidemasters Bandoleer going to be the go to Water Front rune?

Edit: Trail: Water would suffice, less problematic than Water Front. (Drown).

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Since there is actually a difference code wise between water, and shallow water (slightly impeding, and not impeding) why not just change drown to only work on deep water, drop the cost by 10 and bam problem solved, now FS gets its water gen back with out it being instakill aura

7. Anima26

As long as Tidal Wave creates deep water, other wise how do you generate deep water...

8. themacca

Monsoon, flood, hungry mire, stuff that costs nora

9. Anima26

On top of Drowns cost already, no thx id rather stay as it is now and have less Water Front.

10. themacca

I did say to drop the cost by 10

11. Anima26

Id like a champion or two to just get a bit of Trail:Water i think. Im not looking to make Drown easier or anything like that, just make early turns less troublesome for aquatics/semis.

12. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I'm watching a game right now that features a dwarven medic, and I'm wondering if the "immunize" ability couldn't be expanded on as a situational support ability with variants for every non-phys/magic damage type, where instead of just throwing champs with certain immunities in your deck (a practice that is already rare these days) you could have support units temporarily granting an immunity to your favourite beaters. Would be nice as a soft counter to X-amp decks.

Etherielin and Qucas like this.
  13. themacca

Just wondering. How does every body feel about the champ fracturing boulder. 8 speed for low 60s cost precision and the range stance ability.

Range stance: +3 range -1 speed. 0 AP 1CD
    This and the 8 speed for the miniscule price are the things that bother me most.

The small CD basically means the downside of this only applies once every 2 rounds since you can turn it off with 0 consequence after you have made your attacks the following turn.

I know it either gets stasis or weighty as a choice of upgrade but stasis on a font between 7-12 spaces isnt a draw back at all compared to a 6 speed.

14. eSmokefish

eSmokefish Devotee of the Blood Owl

Give he Class:Tinkerer and something to support Constructs with, dangit, now that SL got some Constructs to care about and to fuel my IS/SL split Constructs deckery with.

IF IT BENEFITS GLORIOUS ARTIFICE YOU CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON MY VOTE! ... Voting is how we do this, right?

15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Mechanics wise, Could we change still life to restealth the champ before the stealth duration runs out?

Not sure if that's possible, but would be cool.

16. themacca

Yeah so it can stealth like the ability stealth but of course it has the downside of not moving every 2 rounds

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. themacca

its weird cause it only does this with desecrated zone. putting despoil down or drain the earth shadestrike, any other kind of DMZ doesnt cause curse until you move

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Mirrored reflects things that currently count as "attacks." Attack is ambiguous (though I have been trying to clean that up), but typically it'd activated abilities on the attack chain. I am pretty sure the source isn't assigned properly either (since it doesn't work properly with Hunter/SL bonus), but that's not likely to affect Mirrored.

aseryen likes this.
  19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It initially wasn't, but that was a result of the nerfs. That said, it does seem to make sense that it should be more - since Ping is more passive and harder to target, while Stormreader is easier to focus the damage onto the champ you want, and can also be used to kill something during your turn.

20. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Based on the above the nora costs seem like they should be swapped around. That or Stormreader should be cheaper than ping.