Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I originally thought so too (and why Stormreader started out at 22 nora instead of 30), but the thing is that in terms of actual gameplay, some things are missing from the Pro/Cons list - and after some adjustments, it went up to 30.

Primarily, Stormreader is just much burstier in many situations. You can actually get +16 DMG onto the target that you already just damaged before the opponent can do anything about it regularly, while in most situations, half of the output potential of Ping is controlled by the opponent.

It's true that Psychic Ping is less restrictive in terms of deck building, but if you are running Stormreader, you build around it.

Lastly, this is also one of those cases where it's probably more important to consider the unit's cost as much as the ability's. Sure, maybe Stormreader should be 20 or 25, but we need to consider what happens to the champ's cost as well.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You guys obviously werent around when Stormreader was released, were you Phd and Etherielin? Yeah, I'm guessing not because if you were, you'd know that DMR list is laughable at best.
    The last thing Stormreader needs is a buff.
    Jeez.

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I was gone between 2014 and late august this year and just lurking the forums.

Nonetheless I don't see how a unit in its release state - when a lot of other factors were relevant and got changed - has any relevance in terms of whether the current stormreader should remain the way it is or not, when right now the ability's cost may not be fully justified considering the balance changes that happened since then.

It's a warning that tells you what cost would be too little, not a final, definite change that you have no right to modify.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I honestly can't remember but did the illusions die when the main champ died? I know the Deception-illusions remain after death now.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Extra activations of deception used to give ap to the illusions (now they all start on 0) destroy previous illusions and they used to die when the deception unit died.

Likewise for projection which is more similar to the new deception

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Would it be possible to move Relic Guardian from Grintmaw Singer to U2? that way you don't have to be forced to take relic synergy if you don't want to.

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Would it be OP if new growth triggered on friendly deaths not opposing ones? Probably, but does make mote sense thematically.

Not that delim need buffs ofc

8. Etherielin

Arguably it'd make the ability weaker as NG requires a dying champion to be real. You don't want your d'elim champs to die.

9. Tweek516

Would trigger off greenhouse saplings though.

10. Tweek516

Why does janguar arcanis have burn as an upgrade?

11. themacca

For lulz

12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

'cause he's hot

Anima26 likes this.
  13. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

razor ice/tundra discipline synergy (OP)

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Tweek516 likes this.
  15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Fell is op. needs to lose an eater or elusive.

16. themacca

I disagree. When i see someone deploy salaam i just assume i win

17. Etherielin

Non-Garu, Non-Vashal KF BGs cry in the meantime.

Tweek516 likes this.
  18. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I would be mad as hell if, out of all of the stuff in UD's library, Salaam gets singled out for a nerf. There are probably 10 or 20 variants of the same UD goodstuff deck being played competitively right now and, outside of the first month of the expansion, I haven't seen the fell rabbit in any of them.

Now, he is still a great champ and he works especially well in beast decks since both him and his pet can be boosted and he forms a nice one-two with SotM where you can force your opponent to play magic damage and then hard-counter it, but he isn't really over the top. He hard-counters two of the strongest archetypes in KF and FS but both decks already have counters of their own in their decks with tome of the arcanis and burning oak seed. I think this is a fairly healthy way of dealing with the innate strengths of single damage-type decks.

Fentum, TeaNinja and SPiEkY like this.
  19. Etherielin

I just don't like elusive on him. Would giving him evasive rank 3 instead sound fair?

OriginalG1 likes this.
  20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No, it's not completely random, as per the text it usually moves towards the opposing shrine, which means following the same chart as Manic with the shrine as the target.