COMMENTS: Summary: NUX Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 3, 2014.

1. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Oooooh guys we need to make teasing of TinyDragon part of NUX too lol. I always loved how whenever i saw him at least one player was arguing how tiny has no clue how to play, is a ranked system abuser, plays only with op runes etc :D

2. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

well he does all those things ... :p

3. littlezay

littlezay The King of Potatoes

I like the new changes. There is one thing i'd like to know about thought. what will become of the bazaar ? What will happen to the trading aspect of the game. actually have to trade with players and talk to them in bazaar for runes is what made making a battle group worth while. the satisfaction u got after completing it after several attempts to finish it. will you re-vamp the trading aspect of the game and make it more rewarding or will it continue to be poxbox and tcgbay.com with the 3rd party trade. not that i disprove of them they do have excellent service i just think its a bit of a waste with the games trading aspect and all

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

In terms of the bazaar, are you talking about…

The bazaar room? The current suggestion is a bazaar tab though we will see what exactly happens there.

Are you talking about the rune trader on the website? If so, how exactly would you make it more rewarding?

In terms of third party fan and trade sites, they are looking to support them and I will try to improve the Rune Pool, though I have no means whatsoever to automate the trades.

5. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

when is the releae date? 6 of march?

6. KTCAOP

=> Source

=> Source

7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

When the game goes live on our hardware the changes we have mentioned go live.

8. Senshu

Ha, good find. 100 Points

9. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

@Senshu

Three things disturb my thoughts.

1) What can I craft with the forum points, you give and take so generously and why is it non-FS mirefolk?

2) I can wait for expansion, patience is virtue. But some meta buffnerf shakedown would be wonderful before the expansion not with it.

10. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

the post by littlezay actually reminds me of something...

How will chat be handled?
    Could we get an updated one? Like when youre in a game you have tabs for Clan, Combat Log and in-combat chat. If that could be expanded that would be nice.
    Certainly I dont need to be able to view what is being said in the Battlegrounds while being in a game already but it would in fact be nice to have the option.
    For lobbies that would mean that you can access all chat areas at the same time. You'd have a chat-tab for each game-tab there is plus Clan chat plus market chat!
    This would also clear Battlegrounds chat of the morons that go "sellign all runes sellign all runes sellign all runes" all frickin day long (typo on purpose).
    Only thing that would need to be is that the user could set which of these tabs blink in orange/yellow when someone writes in it.

11. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

If anything, try stirring the pot in Reddit; if you hit the jackpot with the hivemind it would be bananas, so try the related subreddits as well (r/gaming, r/minis and such).

And if you Owl-sies need anything just ask. This is the most faithful, dedicated community you could ever imagine, and we all are grateful you decided to trust the game as much as we love it and pick it up.

Can't wait to play Pox once you take it over.

12. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Not sure if this was mentioned before but i have an idea for campaigns. Currently they are not really worth it and aren't doing much. After better AI is implemented i would like to see them doing something like rewarding runes in relevance to said campaign.

EG u are interested in tortuns or stitched and u play pawn of the matriarch and u may get a champ (or whatever is used in the campaign, spells, relics and equips too, it just needs to be played by the AI) from one of these factions. Usually c/u ones, mostly for sharding and flavor, with a tiny chance of rare/exo one (awarded for campaign completion if one rune per battle is too much).

Ofc campaigns that give core set runes will be easier/faster. Gold income should be adjusted too to reflect that, altho some campaigns should still give just gold (rune rewarding ones give less gold overall), with bonus for completion that has a tiny chance of becoming R/E rune equivalent, say 0.5/1k bonus gold for R, 5/10k for exo rune in other campaigns.

What do u guys think?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  13. Senshu

1. You can craft a well worded argument with forum points, and you get 10 bonus points for being able to track your own forum points.
    2. Balance is on our to do list. Where on the list may very, but this is very important to us and we want to do it right.

14. Senshu

I made note of the rune reward suggestion.

15. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

The campaigns problem.

As long, as we are able to play campaigns with our BGs, it's just the tedious grind process. Why not make campaigns playable with

a) public decks only
    b) predesigned decks with mad scenarios like firk assault on draksar persecutors, no-AoE decks against split-bgs.

16. KTCAOP

Isn't the current version of the Training Grounds basically anything goes? I would imagine it would be the same with the private matches.

17. Lord Kinjo

Lord Kinjo New Member

One of the most useful featuers you (DOG) could give us in the NUX is the ability to use the rune manager to search by ability. Some of the 3rd party sites have done this in the past, offering results with both base abilities plus upgrade abilities.

This would be profoundly useful when building decks. Thanks for considering this herculean task.

dsjtheman and Kampel like this.
  18. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I second this.

19. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

20. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

I'm just wondering but with the new rune crafting etc, how will it effect the trading system because I find trading on this game is one of its core benefits, but will all runes be available for creation from shards or will there be select ones because I just wonder if there will be any point to trading if you can just craft what you want anyway.

And are Limiteds like Angels, Dooms and Harbs going to be rolled back into the packs also?