Hoaxing Media

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Nov 12, 2016.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

The MSM--Fox and CNN and alphabet soup--are one of the biggest threats to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness in America. Honest seekers of truth are constantly led astray by all the hoaxes. MSM has intentionally created a new reality in which millions of American citizens truly believe Trump is about to wage war on all/most disabled and all/most non-whites and all/most women and all/most LGBTQ and all/most Muslims. This is dangerous on many levels. We are in this together. What thinkest thou about current character of MSM??

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/153080448451/the-cognitive-dissonance-cluster-bomb

http://www.dangerandplay.com/2016/11/10/its-time-to-disband-the-white-house-press-corps/

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If you dont read the news, then you are uninformed. If you read the news, then you are misinformed.

Tweek516, IMAGIRL, Qucas and 4 others like this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The honest seekers of truth --- Totally not part of a cult.

But yeah, your media just adheres to your culture. old white dudes wanna hear fox say that blacks and latinos are ruining their country when things are going poorly. liberals wanna hear about how shitty cops and govt are on the daily shows. etc etc

Your political culture is rotten. your freedom of religion is a freedom to discriminate. if America is gonna fall, americans will push the walls down thrmselves

19madfox95, IMAGIRL and Geressen like this.
  4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

We all live in our very own alternative reality.

That's true if you get your understanding from mainstream news or from a libertarian cult leader with a Bane Shift beard.

IMAGIRL, iPox, Qucas and 3 others like this.
  5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

When news became more about ratings and profit it went from information to entertainment. From there, political bias creeped in like a cancer and it also loss nonpartisan integrity. Still, it's the most reliable way for people to flow large amounts of information to people seeking information. This has made it a target of anyone trying to accomplish widespread decimination of a narative. Those people use threat, coercion, money and ideological alignment to gain access to the distribution capacity of the news companies.

The end result is: opinion and narrative, protected-source misinformation and biases presentation across the board.

The reality, though, is there is still a vast majority of people that see information presented on an news medium as truthful. Otherwise, they wouldn't have the impact they do.

The way to fix this: there's not one. You'd need that very distribution channel to soon your own narrative about the corruption of the news. 1) they'd not allow it and 2) your own narrative is brought down by the fact of how you delivered it. State media? Even (much much) worse.

The only way to combat this would be to build the growing distrust of the media into a movement large enough to hurt the pocket book of the companies and that effect has to be more weighty than the coercion/money of the manipulators.

In the end you'd need to demand a return to proper journalistic integrity and unbiased presentation.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

satisfactory.

dissapointed in Canada in recent years.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

most people actually live out in the real world and have the ability to filter the news through the prism of their own experience. I expect then that their preferred sources of news/analysis lean towards those that match their own.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Qucas, DarkJello and Geressen like this.
  8. DarkJello

Always fascinating to read opinion of peep that believes hoaxing media only in US.

Your other opinions are interesting, as once again u claim to be in a very superior country/culture. How many years have u lived in America? Share your curriculum vitae please.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Is that some sort of creepy cult speak thing you babbling madman?

(hahaha)

10. DarkJello

Mike Cernovich plans to target the hoaxing media with a concerted effort, beginning in 2017.

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I don't disagree with you, but there are problems even if a news outlet is committed to being unbiased. The BBC has the aim of being a neutral, independent, and objective source of news, but is it?

- It can't help but filter information through a British perspective, and disseminating this perspective is actually a part of why it was set up.
    - The people who work within British media tend to come from a London based, left leaning, background which influences them, even subconsciously.
    - Reporting the news is often reporting other people opinions. If, for example, they decided that the Clinton email thing was trivial... they would still need to report it because it is still important due to millions of Americans taking it seriously, so if they didn't talk about it enough then they are stopping people getting an accurate understanding of what is going on... but by reporting it they spread that potentially misleading information around. Which is how the press tends to work these days, a 'story' goes round and round and feeds on itself.

Qucas and DarkJello like this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I noticed Belgium was a green dot on that colorful map.

My country has issues, a lot of them, probably more than I know of. And true we are pretty damn small speck. But ours does not compare to the deep rooted problems that america has. We can argue about this, it wouldn't amount to anything since it's almost impossible to scale up this sorta thing. But i can confidently say that that belgium is better off than the US.

And let's be frank, as polarizing as this election was, it doesn't look like ya'll bout to calm down

13. DarkJello

Dem Strategist Mocks Trump Supporter Beat Up By Mob: ‘Oh My Goodness, Poor White People!’

by Alex Griswold | 12:08 pm, November 14th, 2016

“What do you say to the people who dragged a poor white guy out of a car and beat him?” asked Higbie.

“Oh my goodness, poor white people! Please!” she responded. “Oh my– stop. Stop, Carl.”

“That’s not protesting!” Higbie said. “Dragging someone out of their car and beating them is not protesting.”

Sanders didn’t seem so sure of that. “There has never been an acceptable form of protest…” she responded. “We can’t call for people to be peaceful when the rhetoric that has been used is not peaceful, when people don’t feel peaceful in their home.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/dem-...t-up-by-mob-oh-my-goodness-poor-white-people/

Even when the media covers the story of a Trump supporter getting viciously punched and kicked and robbed by Democrats, the propagandists incessantly minimize and rationalize and fabricate. Imagine if a bunch of whites had robbed and beaten the HADES out of a black because he supported Hillary.

Dem strategist appears NOT to know that peaceful marches/protests are common. Notice the false equivalency of mean words and physical violence. Even my 5 year old knows that it is wrong to assault someone just because a mean word or ten was used. Symone Sanders might need to repeat Kindergarten. How much does she get paid to justify violence and theft? Karma.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Is this where we draw comparisons to the endless injustice blacks have suffered at the hands of others and right wing (media) scoffing at it?

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

No, that was 2008-2016. Now minorities must complain from beyond the wall.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. DarkJello

Lots of feelz in your response. No facts. And no compassion for the victim. I thought you were a law and order guy.

Americans did not create slavery, but they did end it... in the 1800s. The current year is 2016. POTUS is black. Fantastic progress.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uh not really emotional over it, it just striked me as the flip side of police brutality and whatnot.

I mean, shits ****ed up. but so is police brutality. or hatecrimes. i dont feel for thid guy more or less because hes dem or white.

If i knew him personally, thatd be different ofcourse, but otherwise I tend to rank strangers at the same level.

Except if theyre from Philly, theyre the worst

Except if one falls off the wall on to american soil while building the wall, right?

They should at least be allowed to ***** about how they ate dirt before being send back to the other side

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

If they fall on this side of the wall we look at them as if we do not know them, then have them transported outside the wall. Done. Mexicos free healthcare is surely where they'd rather be cared for. The dirt consumption complaint can be mailed in from Mexico (at their expense, obv).

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Mail?

I thought they trained roosters to convey messages in mexico

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah but the rooster would get turned away at the wall for being a gallo.

DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.