You didn't watch the presidential debate last night

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

If you support the government investing billions of dollars in climate change initiatives and curtailing the American energy industry then you are in fact 'selling' something as you expect the American citizens to pay dearly for your ideas.

Complacency also means a lack of interest. You can acknowledge its a more credible threat without having to agree it demands action be taken or money be spent. Granted that's a foreign concept to a liberal.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Geressen and DarkJello like this.
  3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I don't generally listen to things, it prevents me from listening to music and reading is far faster. Care to give me an one-sentence rundown?

4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I thought Crowder's vid was funny and, while imperfect, raised many valid points. For example, the idea that ONLY big gvt can save humanity. Or that polar bears are dying out. I have zero desire to spend hours and hours going over most/all of the little points mentioned. Especially since this will probably not be a top priority for Trump during his 1st term. I still don't understand why Obama focused on healthcare during his first two years--when Dems had House and Senate--instead of global climate change.

Your dislike of me wishing people well at end of posts is surprising. I will stop.

Your criticism of which posts I "like" is unexpected. Tell the post creator, not me.

I don't have time to respond to every single comment sent my direction by every single poster. Not ignoring, just the reality.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  5. Sokolov

6. DarkJello

My question is a genuine attempt to better understand someone with different experiences and views than my own.

Nuclear war is, IMO, the most likely top danger to the planet.

Speaking of asteroids, have u read Lucifer's Hammer?

7. DarkJello

8. Sokolov

So that's what weird for me. You claim to be open-minded, and open to new ideas/data. But then all you seem to do here is post right-wing propaganda, ignore when we post new information, and then say you don't have time to look into claims that you yourself push here.

So what exactly is the point of you posting stuff? What is your goal here?

Geressen and BurnPyro like this.
  9. Ragic

Just read the summary. Sounds very grim. The history channel has all kinds of doomsday shows as well. Honestly our best bet is to get off this rock. To that end I don't mind climate change science if it leads to better understanding of how to terraform other planets.

SPiEkY and DarkJello like this.
  10. DarkJello

Trump is labeled anti-immigrant very frequently, even though he is pro legal immigration.

Many of Trump's supporters are way more afraid of Muslim immigrants than any other kind of immigrant.

Trump said what he thought needed to be said to secure victory. I hope he will keep at least a quarter of his bigger promises, but I certainly don't know what he will actually do. He is absolutely a typical politician in that regard, until he proves otherwise. If his 1st term is anything like the last 16 months, we will remain in most interesting times. Watching and waiting.

VISA overstay is a big problem, as u well know, and I too wonder if he will change the status quo in this area. I want Silicon Valley to do well, and I don't know if # of VISAs needs to be altered.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Because you're a genuine close minded unintellectual idiot. you have no desire to talk about anything that doesn't confirm your nutjob world beliefs.

Just the fact alone that you think you're being anything but a nuisance in these discussions is ludicrous.

And ofcourse other morons have to come in "uh thats totally the liberals". ******** wackjobs, all of you have been raised in an extremely polarizing culture by one of two parties that sells its own narrative like the only truth.

Have you ever seen that research that tested kids from all over the world on science math languages etc? America scored average at best. but as a final question they asked "how well do you think you did?" and all americans ranked themselves number 1.
    Cause you're all convinced you're so damn smart while in reality your average education level is a big joke. but as long as you can take misplaced pride for being born there, you can feel smug about your ignorance.

Talking about teaching creationism in schools as if that replaces the actual science. Guess how many first world nations still do that. You got these same religious nuts lined up to be in the cabinet responsible for education etc. and you wonder why you're so inferior

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I don't like the word liberals in the context you merrycans are using it because where I am from that would describe the conservative liberals (right wing, less restrictions on business) the social liberals (centrist) and libertarians. which in turn covers the 3 main american political candidates with repubs as conservative libs with fundie christians mixed in, democrats as social liberals, and the US libertarians as the ... libertarians. so from my perspective all of you is libtards. ( well not all of you, some of you are hostages in the american political system)

I disagree with DJ that politicians should LIE to secure votes. another way to see it is similar to how an austrian/german man mellowed out after he was elected to prevent widespread dissent and protests to legitimize himself as a politician, only to bounce back later.

Trump could have control of the courts,
    he could open up libel laws to smother the press
    he could re-establish the HUAC and could use it against political enemies
    he could fire generals that oppose his doctrines
    he could attempt to funnel tax funds into businesses run by his family

I just hope for you he doesn't.

Also @Sokolov : Don't you get it yet? DJ is enlightened and we are sheep etc etc, have a blessed day #iminacult

Anyways Climate change affects a lot of species already, turning a blind eye to it while fishermen are losing their jobs because the shellfish die of poisonous algea blooming as a result of a slight increase in temperature will not help.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  13. Ragic

its almost cute when astamir pokes his head out of his safe space. you sort of want to encourage it with a little counter banter but on the other hand hes so fragile you might break him and get the mods upset.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

imma be real, already sort of upset.

let's all take a sec and back off this thread, and then come back and pretend everyone that disagrees with us doesn't exist.

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

You bring graphs and more graphs and more graphs and some tweets, most of the graphs which you make yourself can be totally biased to whatever fits your needs that's not facts to me sorry buddy. I don't get interested in discussions because it's hard to take 99% of anything in these forums seriously and in politics it seems their are even more biased opinions flying around. I'm glad you agree the problem is liberals though =).

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Therefor

You never posted this message and we can just keep going!

No jk ilu

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Read: im not interested in anything except seeing my own opinion typed out so I can read it again and feel good about being ignorant

Sorry pede bb

Tweek516 likes this.
  18. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Nah I read a lot of your opinions and agree with them, I read a lot of opinions in general and agree. Politics is all about which side of the fence you already stand on though, a lot of Americans here like Trump many Europeans don't and that's the truth. No argument is really going to swing me to another side at this point on who I should have voted for or who I think is better for the country I live in. Hilary sucked, Bernie was alright, Trump says some dumb Bane Shift but he at least has some thoughts on big changes, Hilary and everyone else were more of the same.

As for sok, he constantly pumps out graphs that he himself makes especially when it comes to pox so it's hard for me to look at them with an open mind as most times it seems he will do just about anything to come off as smart in these forums with his witty comebacks and what not.

Then again your post being all condescending and insulting kinda just proves my point all over again, it's like you don't have the capacity to change because it's already drilled so deep into your brain.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

gorgeous

only just one page back you acted condescending and kinda insulting while displaying the inability to change because you've been raised in a culture to hate "liberals"

Funny how irony works, isn't it

20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I'm bad at lying to myself, but wouldn't it be really great if those facts-hating ... people didn't exist?