Examples of Strong Kthir FF Decks

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xenoro, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Xenoro

Xenoro New Member

Hey folks, I'm coming back to the game after like 3 years and I have no idea what the Firk is going on. I've been trying to play some of my old decks and just getting absolutely spanked. I would love to see some examples of good FF theme decks and other competitive meta decks. Should one find the time, a rune list would be very helpful as it's hard to catch up and I won't recognize new runes via screenshot. Thanks - Xenoro

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

What themes do you want to play? There's a thread just below detailing the best themes in KF atm

3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Check out this thread here. It might be a month or so outdated, but here is my current meta right now. :)

[​IMG]

Rune List:
    2 Angel
    Aurora Inspector
    Aurora Investigator
    Bowmage
    Dugon
    Elven Fury
    Elven Prodigy
    Elven Strategist
    Elven Tender
    Fae Dreamer
    Menalaus
    Nectar Fairy
    Reticulated Splinehawk
    Tortun Repeater
    Wilderkin

Brambles
    Grmlic's Bane
    Memento
    Naturalize
    Nature's Wrath
    Reclaim
    Stellar Horizon
    Thorn Collection

Cleansing Emerald
    Grimlic's Eye
    Pride of K'thir

Covenant
    Horn of Order
    Withering Fern

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

If you want to run meta, some very good runes right now are Fiorn, Grimlic's Bane and Inhibit power.
    I would post my bg but tbh I don't think it's too good. Also half of it is copied from @Karmavore so you would probably just be best with his.

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Welcome back. If you feel lost, I think going for a theme (even not racial one) could help you . Like going for archers, or faeries, or trees, or adaptive. Choose a focus and the choices for the bg will be easier. Also there are some guides to themes in the KF forum, you can get some inspiration from that.

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I have like 8 BG's I'm currently playing; I'll try and get those added onto her today for you.

izmocat likes this.
  7. Xenoro

Xenoro New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Some of those limited Runes are impossible to get, but I'll figure something out.

8. Tweek516

The only impossible to get unique runes in KF are harb and fan faire - which I don't think have been mentioned here?

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

He might be referring to my crypt like thread. Anyways I've been busy. I'll try and get the ones I use most frquently tonight.
    I'll do a quick list of what the bg archetypes are
    Powermelee
    Archers
    Meta mix
    Naria
    Delim devotee deck
    Fae
    Alternative meta mix
    Elves
    Adaptive spam
    Blitz/rangers

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Power Melee.png
    meta.png
    Archers.png
    Fae.png
    Naria2.png
    blitzrangers.png
    test3.png
    Pahalnx.png
    Beast.png
    Holiday.png

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    AKHolic, Etherielin, Xzablaz and 3 others like this.
  11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

If you want a breakdown of how I play the bgs just ask for a specific one if you have any questions on upgrades or anything else.

12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i have a question^^ I also play an adapt spell spam bg, like this
    adap.png

I wanted to ask

1. why not the robot eagle? its a very nice first drop to pump your adapt champ. spd 9 elder is really good.
    2. having 6 faeries i think 1 conclave concordance is a nice spell. procs adap and gets discount, blinds and gives damage, you can throw a faerie far away to contest a font, and blinds rushers. also can be a target for fan faire if you dont need fascinate.
    3. why no recall?
    4. why no escape magic? it saves our champs keeping the boosts.

I think you are a lot more experienced player so maybe you can help me to see my evaluation errors^^

13. Tweek516

Recall isn't worth it - just a waste of Nora. There aren't any spells vital enough to have to cycle.

14. Tweek516

Comments/Questions:

Adaptive:
    Very very surprised by the lack of delim in the adaptive bg. And no reclaim or petrichor?

Meta:
    What do you mirror normally?
    No reclaim?

Fae:
    No oracle???
    Why artisan and enchantress?
    No trickster???
    Why 2x lexicon?
    No conclave??? I genuinely believe it is the best spell in the game in theme.
    No centaur banner or grimoire? Grimoire is great on wisp
    Talking of... Why only one wisp?

Wow a lot of surprises in your fae bg.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

1. I can see the upside of having it in a bg like this since you're superchamping quite a few runes, and having more 'free' bonus stat buffs I is kinda the objective in the end. But the way I look at it, If I don't draw the Splinehawk early on (mulligan can help this cause) I consider it a wasted slot. He isn't one of those "Oh, I'll respond to X champion with Splinehawk!" .. I can see myself not deploying him a lot, and that I don't like.
    2. Honestly speaking, I really haven't tried Concordance at all. Even in FF fae lol. I'll probably have to try it out sooner or later..
    3. Recall is really, really niche. The only time I've ever ran it was when KF Angel's were absolute Firking monsters on release, you'd just run x2 Grim mirror x2 Recall with x2 Occuli Slag fueling the machine. Just run more low CD spells that you can chain cast turn after turn. Bliss helps quite a bit once you have her out, but without her if you have a big spell set dedicated to CC/DMG/SituationalSpells you'll never really ever have all your spells on CD, you'll be able to respond how you want, when you want. Not when your Recall can lower your next spells CD.
    4. Escape Magic is most definitely in this bg, I'd be crazy not to run it! x.x

You ask, and you shall receive. But please don't ask me any weird Bane Shift.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Meta;
    Usually Experimental/Harby/Renovator
    I like reclaim, but this bg lacks the CC potential for me to justify reclaim, the kill potential is there for a nice CC power turn, but I prefer to use reclaim as a set up tool paired with hard CC so you can maximize the pacify duration. Smart players wont allow you to just breeze your way through a font battle with it, I can't really even begin to count the amount of times I've been ****ed over after using Reclaim. I like it, but It just dosent work in my bg.

Fae;
    They way my bg plays is stalling long enough to make full use out of battle leader stacking, CC with spells/abilities/Lockdown/Roadblocks champions like Nullbeast/Wisp/Enchantress/Warden. I run a lot of equips to accompany some of these champs lack luster individual strength, x2 Lexicons strictly because deflect is really good in this theme, if you're already inhibiting movement/speed most opponents have a hard time double tapping, but once you add Deflect/Phase shift into the mix they become crazy tanky. It's really beautiful the amount of pain you can cause someone if you play it right.

Artisan is in for the mass amount of equips I run, being able to reset equipment CD is pretty nice.
    Trickster has stood out to me more now than before. I'll definitely consider putting her into this bg.
    As mentioned above.
    Again, I'll probably be checking it out, haven't really paid much attention to it, but specifically in this bg I can say I just don't/wont have the room for it. Limited spell slot space, and none of the equips I run are moving :p.
    Really comes down to the other equips just being so far more valuable to me.
    XD, what do you suggest I take out in place of another wisp? I can't think of a single thing that can leave my bg. :/
    I'm specific as Firk when it comes to fae lol.

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i see the points against recall, but i still think at least one should be used to get your spells more often, so you can run no double rune. i think that the hawk is good cause anyway you are not responding in late game dropping it, you need to drop as many adap champ you can in early and then boost with spells. maybe i'm even going up to two, i'll test.

18. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I do run hurry in my adaptive bg, but that's just for cases in which the game goes so late and i use all my CC spells. It costs less that recall, but by that point in the game it will probably do that same thing. (6 runes for recall = 2 reduction).

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i prefer recall because it procs also the +4hp of adaptive.In the late game case the cost isnt a problem but the +4 health could be important. Also in early game when you have like 2 spells on cd, it could be a -6turns cd on both. I find it a very versatile slot, maybe two is too much, but still i would play at least one^^

20. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

@Karmavore how about a good phalnx bg? I'm trying to make one but I'm not as experienced as u also there is wizard/magic amp theme to build