Kanen bg and possible guide

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by SireofSuns, Nov 18, 2016.

1. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

So, IMAGIRL gave me a bunch of Kanen (@IMAGIRL thanks again, you will be missed).
    Well, I used to hate Kanen and think they were dumb and boring.
    Welp, turns out I love playing as these guys. FOR THE HORDE! Now if only I can incorporate more debuffs...

kanen bg woof.png

This is what I'm using currently, I've only tested it against the AI.
    Any suggestions?

--

In regards to the guide, I'm aiming to start building guides for various things I am interested in, Kanen will be one of them. I do plan to make them collaborative guides, so if you see me post a guide, feel free to spam it/me with suggestions.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    yuore and IMAGIRL like this.
  2. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Well your img link isnt working and mine didnt either. Not sure if its cuz im on my phone or not. But I will help out any way i can once i can see your BG and post mine. I think my build is similar to what @Gnomes plays. With my bg i generally try to focus on turning whirlwind in to beast its alot of fun tho i really enjoy kanen.

3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture2.PNG

This is what i play, @Agirgis1 plays nearly the same, i like kanen, but they are to good/easy. after playing em a bit, i just feel dirty. so much of everything you could need/want... i mean multiattack and shadowstrike on any ranged kanan you want?! Cmon?! they have everything.

also +15 hp to all your champs.

i think when @Ballballer comes back he wanted to play kanen too battlemaster.

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Screenshot_2.png
    what I use to play.

Gnomes likes this.
  5. SireofSuns

Fixed.

6. SireofSuns

Definitely gonna switch out Draconic Benediction for Purge.

Questions:

1: Why Bloodhowler? Everyone says he's amazing, but I haven't really figured out why. I compare him to Two Headed Kanen (which I use instead). T.H. is less expensive in terms of optimal build, but also has slightly less DMG, HP, and Defense (I tend to feel that the Combo-Drain kinda makes up for the lack of toughness). T.H. also has the option of Call of the Hunter, which is great for Kanen.
    Is there something I'm missing? Is Bloodhowler just plain firking amazing in comparison on the board?

2: Why the Scavengers? They're cheap and can net you lots of nora, but they have the Disease Aura, which with Kanen means they will almost certainly be doing LOTS of damage to your own champs (besides the few Alphas with Combat Awareness).

3: I use Serpentor Scale Armor over Scythe. I know Scythe is amazing, but the Serpentor Scale Armor is so much fun to use, and can net you a lot of nora if you can keep the champ around long enough. Am I being dumb?

4: Is Cancel Magic worth it? I feel like it might be good for protecting your Power Turns.

5: Is 17 champs too much? If I remove one (likely Garin, he doesn't really add much), I'm considering removing a Pack Savagery as well, in order to make room for Alacrity. That way I could have more than one way to conduct power turns.

7. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Why is nobody running spark crone? Seems like an amazing rune to me. ranged surge with 12 base damage and empowered range for low 70s is insanely good.

With crones, spark crones, and keirgana, you get to use good ranged champs in a theme that turns enemy melee into chunks of meat. You've got all your bases covered.

If I had crones, my deck would look like this:

https://poxbase.com/deck/cymCybCyWCyTCyYciGciYchDCi0Cx=sas84S63s73sHs59s82r2Yr2qr2frPe27e1f

Only thing im not sure about is whether animus is better than mongrel or scavenger. Also, two-headed kanen might be worse than the other alphas.

DB over quickening: quick requires the champ to be both in range and have enough ap to attack, while DB makes it easier to get into position for pack leader activations.

Other non-champ slots are mostly personal preference (except for banner, idol, and pack savagery, which are auto)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  8. SireofSuns

Mainly because of the Spark Curse. It ends up being a sand-bag to her cost. She's very good, yes, but not as durable as the Crones. Though I admit she is very tempting to put in.

I'm one of those people that likes to really go for the Alpha leader style. So I like to have 2x Kanen Cultist, and I prefer to have more Pack Mentality to swarm the enemy. That's part of what's neat about the Kanen, but also slightly frustrating, you can play either Crones or Alphas, but if you mix them too much without enough lesser Kanen, they start to lose their value (though it makes sense thematically).

Animus is definitely better than Mongrel. I run him with Rend 1 and Berserker 2, which is 63 nora. That guy can cap fonts and deal a tremendous amount of damage. Mongrel is something you'd want to deploy early due to its low cost (more champs earlier means capturing more fonts faster!), but that means he's also slightly sandbagged by Reinforcement.
    Scavenger I don't get. I don't like him but I'm hoping someone will tell me why everyone uses him.
    Eehhh. I certainly wouldn't run 2x of him. Having a mix of Alphas gives you more options. I like Two Headed over Bloodhowler though, mainly because of CotH, which is firking amazing in Kanen.

Agreed. We also have Pack Savagery, so we don't really need Quickening.

9. SireofSuns

Why did you run both Purge and Emerald?

10. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Spark curse as a sandbag isn't a big problem for spark crone, because it only costs 3 nora. She's still really streamlined, with only 15 nora worth of abilities at max upgrades. http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/champ/1340

I'd say she's on par with kanen crone (18 nora abilities, better range, lower damage) as a ranged surge unit.

11. SireofSuns

Eh, what I can I say, I despise Inconsistency (Empowered: Anything). I don't normally like to make gambles of any kind, unless it's rushing the enemy shrine like a newb.

12. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

1) one is for dispel other is for cleansing ( optimally)
    2) its nice to have 2 cleanses anyway esp if they serve alternative purposes
    3) emerald is one of the best late game cleanses in the game... it will basically protect an AOE of your units from effects for the battle

Qucas and SireofSuns like this.