Discussion: Space Wars Kickstarter: Pox Nora Rewards & Ship Viewer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 15, 2016.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Even without the runes, the lowest Pox reward is better than all of the other ones at similar levels because it includes multiple lower tier benefits where others don't build on each other.

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Wow, I've been absent (vacation) for a couple of weeks and oh boy, I think I shouldn't have gone easy on you. Oh well.
    Honestly, though, if there are people willing to be milked, it's on them. But it's pretty obvious at this point that the attempt is desperate.

Also:

Lastly, though, this peaked my interest, so I'll keep my watch on this forum:

So yeah, since it's pretty obvious where "Pox 1" is going, I'm at least hoping for a new game.

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

usually if a project is not successfully funded they refund the credit card.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

But here at Owls, they take everyone in the office out to Ruth Chris. It's probably in the fine print. But the fine print is so fine, each letter is a separate pixel so it's just a series of dots.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

wtf are you even saying?

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

ruths chris is the name of an expensive steakhouse

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

That's fine.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

as long as its really pox 2.0 and not another revamp (aka powercreep reboot). and will it be the same business model? or will they at last realize that pox was meant to be a tbs game?

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Quick, before we shut down this game, let's bilk these idiots for a few more dollars.

10. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Kickstarter only charges the backers if the project hits its funding goal by the time the Kicksterter ends.

11. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

They are providing you with a choice to whether or not you want to help fund SpaceWars and in return, you may get a couple poxnora items and the new game items as well.

I don't know what the over reaction is about, they are still clearly developing this game (ps4 and vita release)

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

*slow clap*

You managed to give me enough hope for Pox and then kill it off by showing that you're not a hair better than Sony.

This is directly to you Gedden. Firk you. You're a good coder and that's it. Hire someone with a brain who knows what basic strategy looks like. Show me some more graphs of trees having 50% winrate across the whole game to show me that they're fine and we don't know our game. Arrogant, incompetent, jackass

13. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Incoming ban in 3....2.....1.....

14. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

They shouldn't. They're the ones coming across as incompetent time and time again without even realizing it.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, whoever is responsible for the marketing decisions should simply stop being in charge. That person(s) has single handedly made PoxNora a much worse game and put halts to community growth and ease of access.

It doesn't help to have people who are essentially clueless ****s address the community either. That's why you come across as careless, that's why you come across as incompetent and get the backlash you get.

Call me picky, mean, ******* or whatever the hell you want, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter how pretty you make PoxNora as long as people don't trust you as a company, feeling that you somehow manage to keep strong despite being apparently invested onto this project.

Have a look internally amongst yourselves and ponder on why things are seen as they are, because I genuinely can't see how you guys manage to miss all the marks and are consistently okay with it.

Valkyr, BurnPyro and Pattn199 like this.
  15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Incompetence is never self-aware.

Garuda51, JellyBerry and BurnPyro like this.
  16. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

They don't seem to have a hard time at making it look like a choice, though.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  17. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

read the off topic forum and you will understand. liberals simply don't know how capitalism works. its why they don't understand why you value your harbies as you do. its also why they don't understand why the f2p model doesn't inspire more play than it does. and its also why they don't truly value the integrity of the competitive space.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I heard this to be a very reliable and userbase friendly strategy that in no way has been tried and failed many times by companies out there

That's just the disadvantage of being SUCH a pioneer in gaming that you need to make new and pressing decisions to the best of your knowledge in this new era, the 1990s, of gaming

JellyBerry likes this.
  19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yep, this is pretty much all this is.

Yes, of course we want Space Wars to succeed, because it means DOG benefits - which means we can continue to invest more into Pox and Pox-related things as well.

But it's not as though we are abandoning Pox - if we were, why would have we spent the last ~9 months working on a new front-end for the game?

That said, the feedback here is certainly very important, and I'll make sure it's discussed internally so we can make better decisions in the future.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I dunno tho, they set the bar pretty high with the $28 they raked in on the last kickstarter. You think they can get that much a second time around?

JellyBerry and BurnPyro like this.