Discussion: Pox Nora on PlayStation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 14, 2016.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Finally, faces to names for those maps.

2. tazmanpres

tazmanpres The King of Potatoes

@Sokolov I've been a long time player of PoxNora (Since Octopii) and never really had much to say on the threads. But this morning i woke up with a idea that i just had to throw in the pot. I was thinking that Desert Owl should throw in a guardian system to help teach new players and reward both new players and their guardians granting new players with enough runes to play decently competitively and another set of rewards to entice experienced players to be willing to one on one teach new players. Maybe being rewarded by advancing ranks or levels. This would give a helping hand to new players and giving them enough experience to have fun playing the game.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks for the comment. It is definitely something on our list of "want to do"s.

4. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

yea yea...
    anyway,, more pics please :)
    /rubbing my hands together while drooling

5. Oregreen

Oregreen Member

Will the trading system by changed when the game comes to psn? As in , should we get all of the trading out of our system before the changes?

6. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Love all the screenshots! I have my PS4 waiting! Also have XBox1, PS3, Wii, Nintendo 64 and Atari 26oo in case you wanted to build for those too. :p Wish I still had my Commodore 64, though. Now that was a classic! :cool:

7. Sokolov

upload_2016-11-21_20-38-58.png

Shortcuts for activated abilities.

8. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

What map is that? It looks like the Ironfist Pass map, but there's no standing stones around the font...
    Also, I notice that there's no faint line around the squares that the champions are occupying (they're there in the pc version), I know it's not a HUGE thing though, just being nit-picky and interested. :)

Glad to see that things are progressing, good job to you guys.

9. Sokolov

There are currently no plans to alter the way existing trading works. But there might be down the line.

10. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I hope every spell that is used in the combat log has a pop-up to the actual spell. I thought all spells had this feature, but I just noticed Divinity's Touch just says "X champ has been touched by divine powers", with no hoverable pop-up. Hope it's consistent in the new client.

11. Sokolov

That has to be fixed on a case by case basis, unfortunately. I will note that for Divinity's Touch that it doesn't have it.

Ideally, we get the visual combat log in there after the initial launch of the client - that'd be way better than dealing with these text strings.

TeaNinja likes this.
  12. bambino

are you still planning to include the vita as part of the rollout for new client and ps4?
    same day?

13. Sokolov

No, it won't be the same day. There are a lot of additional challenges to getting it out on the VITA. Most notably technical ones relating to system memory.

14. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Maybe re releasing It as poxnora legends would have a positive effect. It is after all a whole new client.

bambino likes this.
  15. bambino

some kind of rebrand wouldnt be the worst idea,,, I like it..

16. Garuda51

Garuda51 Well-Known Member

Because some people are actually looking forward to playing this with a PS4 controller? I mean isn't it just a trick to draw casuals into the game? I thought playing with a controller would be 10x harder. Playing some BGs with many units, like skeletons, is already a sport of its own; can't imagine without a mouse and keyboard

17. Jon

Jon The King of Potatoes

@Senshu
    This has seriously got to happen for linux and there is likely a HUGE untapped fanbase here. Pox Nora would appeal to players using that OS for exactly the same reason they use linux (i.e. they're likely hardcore technical "nerds" like me and the high learning curve is appealing). Actually, I'm somewhat surprised this game didn't come out for linux first before windows and OSX.

You could likely double our current active playerbase by putting it on Linux and making it available through the software center. Seriously, this has got to happen (yesterday)!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  18. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

not many linux users, maybe more will come after steam finishes their o/s and the number of compatible linux games grow.

but mobile, android and ios that would be awesome if you could port to them. similar issues but heck of an untapped playerbase.

19. Oregreen

Oregreen Member

A controller can move just as quickly as a mouse, high sensitivity and free motion would allow for easy movement. I play both pc and ps4 a lot, I understand that in first person pc gets an advantage but that is about as far as the pc PS4 controller goes.

20. bambino