I need help with dwarves/carouse

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by PurpleTop, Jul 16, 2016.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Trying to get back into the game. i wanted to make a drunk deck, but I can't seem to get it right. Been experimenting with this bg for a bit. Should I have more carouse or more brews? I just put righteous deflection in, and took granite bracers out. But i find I never use either, really. any suggestions there? Brubaker brothers are cool, but tend to get focused down before doing anything . should I replace them? I also need more range.....

I don't have a budget for this deck, I'll try to get any piece that would make it more competitive. My next get was going to be a semmiran noble.

What do you guys think? Thanks!

--PT

Dorf.PNG

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Sermon on top of Banner and BLBrew can give your Dwarves +15 HP, +2 Defense, +3 Damage and Tough 1. You want to build off this as much as possible.

Consider an Armorer. Dude is hella tanky for sub 48 (2Def on U2). Likewise consider a Warsaint. Dude is a stat beast and with Heal Self 3 and Loyalty can stay healthy.

Id drop Priest of Valdac and try a Desperate Heal. Only reason to run Priest is for the healing and Desperate Heal is more up front for a smaller price. You can also recycle it faster. Alternatively you can try Morin's Corner to provide another contest relic but its at a price of less healing.

Id also find room for a Talgar and Hammerheart Platemail. If you can stay intoxicated from stuff like Keg Toss the Platemail will make any of your already tanky dwarves a monster.

Paladin Commander is really good in these decks. Good stats and Command: Dodge is always welcome.

Consider the following situation. Warsaint with Platemail while intoxicated and Sermon/Warbanner. He will have: 18 Damage, 3 Defense, 80 HP, Scale Armor, Heal Self 3.

PurpleTop likes this.
  3. PurpleTop

Thanks much. I never really use the Morter crew, i find them too pricey. What other range options should I consider? I just added a brewmaster as well as a Semmiran Noble. Platemail is a great idea, idk how i missed that.

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

This is still up to date, worth taking a brief look at at least: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/by-beard-we-conquer-a-guide-to-dwarves.67/

At a glance, I'd say it depends on how competitive you want your deck to be. Some of the champions have better substitutes, but personal preference and overall deck synergy go a long way. A few changes I'd make for sure though are dropping Grintmaw Hymn, and DMC for another Hooligan, a Hammerheart Platemail, and either a second Hammer Strike or Macadamize. Depending on where you'd like the focus of your deck to be (powerturns, buff stacking, efficiency, etc.) and what kinds of changes you make to the champion set, the spell set could change further as well.

PurpleTop likes this.
  5. PurpleTop

Great info, thanks for that. Gonna work on getting a gallows warden, seems neat. I could probably find room.

I took some of yalls suggestions, here is what I have now

upload_2016-7-17_13-34-41.png

I love the defense spam, that seems to be a key element. i'm not super savy with some of the spells tho, and I wish I could have more brews.

6. PurpleTop

Alright well my most recent iteration is the bg above, and I have had a lot of success. Armorer has won mr multiple games. He really enables this deck, free DEF for everyone. Warsaint is friggen sweet too. He does not die. I do think however that the hooligan is the most important rune in this deck, so running two has been fantastic. The only edit I am considering now is putting a gallows warden in place of the drunken thug, but I dont need it yet.

Had a game yesterday with a 7 def brewmaster, 8 def euan and a 4 def 80 hp warsaint. The guy was pissed

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  7. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

dorfs.PNG

Similar to you mines buff based, armorer is god. Sharps with PS3 deal out crazy damage and they usually end up getting the Medal of Valor. Ive a couple slots I rotate, Ive used Prismatic/Rugolths Revenge/Minister in that role. Ironfist Paladin is great, with all the surviveability and stat stacking, Lay on Hands, Heal Champ and Righteous Shield is amazing, if he had 6 speed hes be great. Minister/Semmirs brew/D Heal/Mornis Corner handles my healing needs with the Paladin. Refute is in there for when you are expecting obvious gibs to key champs, Warstagg at 59 nora is great. Paladin COmmader is interchangeable with Warsaint.

Dwarfs have lots of great champs, get your core and then splash in and out different champs to find which ones you like best and which suit your playstyle. You are running way too much equip imo.

8. PurpleTop

Thanks. Any reason you don't run blacklabel brew? it seems like a great way to buff up the defense.

I need to get a paladin commander for sure.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I assume it is because he runs the Oktoberfest Beermaiden that gives them out.

10. PurpleTop

Lol I didn't even realize she gave out desert brew. That's pretty good

Axeraiser likes this.
  11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Whooped me with this soo many times lol

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Axe beating a rare league? Who would've guessed...

13. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Beat Tiny with that Bg 2 days ago.

super71 likes this.
  14. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Back to the rice fields with you, peasant.

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

It's actually sad you hold so much hate man, the other day when you got your job I liked your post and congratulated you. That their shows the difference between my character and yours.

I hope one day you aren't so miserable with your life.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It ain't that serious big guy.

It's simply a state of fact: Axe is limited league and you're rare league. I expect him to win 90% of the time no matter what BG he uses.

17. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

So here you are

18. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

I cant seem to get the win with these guys any advice

19. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

i would like to see the 3 types of build of them and play style
    the build one
    the buff one
    the early game one

20. DonK101st

DonK101st Well-Known Member

Axe, or anyone for that matter. What is the rune in Axes deck after the beermaiden and before Talgar? I can't identify it or find it anywhere...