You didn't watch the presidential debate last night

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Sep 27, 2016.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

good point.

DarkJello likes this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Damn right it is

DarkJello and Baskitkase like this.
  3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I mean, have you seen the rate of inflation? :p

Geressen likes this.
  4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So the tax breaks that Trump/Pence promised Carrier? Apparently Trump owns stock in UTX, the parent company of Carrier.

Personally, I don't think this is "new" and in many ways I think it is actually unavoidable (and it can reasonably argued that the net effect of this is positive, no matter what conflicts of interests may be inherent).

But I know many voted for Trump because he was supposed to do away with this kind of thing, instead, he is already doing it before he's even sworn in?

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

apparently sok was listening in on the phone call between trump and carrier and knows what trump voters were thinking.

im starting to wonder if sok works for the nsa.

you can base your opinions on the speculation of pundants and polling data filtered through the media or you can base it on what we KNOW. what do we know, 1100 jobs that were going to Mexico now are not and the stock market is at an all time high. spin that however you like (uh oh, graphs incoming!)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    DarkJello and Baskitkase like this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

He lets the jobs go, he breaks promises to help keep jobs local. He keeps jobs local he's serving his own interest. A man like this is going to have a portfolio so diverse that he'll likely hold a price of almost every parent company worth having. Should he just say "well sry gaiz those jobs can't be saved, I have $17 of that company in my mutual fund"?

Look at the intent of the decision: keep jobs local. Or wait, Sok, you're implying his intent was actually to gain from this somehow and the jobs savings were cover? You're one of the wonderful people who would rather see America be worse off if it would somehow mean Trump doesn't do well.

NEWSFLASH: He's a successful businessman and he's going to be good at making deals.

Should he have used Obamas favored tactic and just draw up an executive order or should he compromise and make everyone a winner? What he's done is send a message; he's willing to work with companies who are willing to make decisions that make America better. I think that's a very strong precedent.

But yeah, libspin it, graphflake.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    SPiEkY likes this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You'd be better off saying "successful" though.

Has he released his Tax returns? Ive been out of the loop on that whole thing. All the bankruptcies aren't exactly all time success highs either, yeah yeah it's a business strategy sure. Doesn't change that he tried to sell a variety of different products that didn't took off. His company does well in real estate, other erm, lets say endevours in which he scammed students ended in him paying them money to not get sued further.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

he is succesfull as in he is still rich while all his investors and his companies go bankrupt.

BurnPyro likes this.
  10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You realize that he still has over 500 successful businesses apart from those, like, 11 bankruptcies, right? It's not like anywhere close to the majority of his business ventures that he has to shut down. The man is successful, however you want to try to spin it.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. Ragic

It's like when you spend the whole day cleaning the house and the first thing your wife does when she gets home is wipe dirt off the top of the fridge.

Hey liberals....s.t.f.u.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

if you spend the whole day cleaning and then leave dirt on top of the fridge you are really bad at cleaning.

BurnPyro likes this.
  13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Case and point.

14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Sokolov likes this.
  15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

16. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

National defense is one of the legit roles of gvt.

MuriKa needs to cut way the firk back on waging war around the globe, and also spend much less on Military Industrial Complex. I am a lot more optimistic about the 1st, as compared to the 2nd. Really hoping I am right on this one, as we all win if world is more peaceful.

17. DarkJello

Agreed. But we disagree about which is which.

I also believe that who is on which side is often not so clear cut. Filthy rich just want cash, and will do or say whatever is needed. Many good, smart and regular citizens are found on each side. Topic is complex, because climate science is super deep, so we should strive to avoid vitriol on this matter. Thus I disagree about degree of urgency, and I don't hate anyone that sees this as ultra max priority alpha.

18. Ragic

DarkJello likes this.
  19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Interesting article, he makes a valid point about a lot of people but...

I question his objectivity.

20. DarkJello

I question the objectivity of all the players on both sides of the climate warming change conundrum. Too many worship cash.

Apparently Trump took 2nd in the online voting, behind Hillary Clinton, but was still named TIME's 2016 Person of the Year.

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year-2016-donald-trump-choice/

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year-2016-donald-trump/?iid=buttonrecirc

Edit:

Silly tidbit, that is a sign of the times. Type "god em" into Google search. Praise or vomit as u desire. Pics are noteworthy.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    SPiEkY likes this.