The Seelie Court - a Fairy Primer

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by MaruXV, Oct 13, 2016.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i'm trying with a more "standard" spell heavy fairy one with 1x recall to fasten the conclaves. even if you want to take it to the edge, i think recall is better than hurry because it procs adaptive and cuts CDs more and just on spells, that is what we need. also hurry i think is overkill and cuts out too many other options. 1-2x of recall, i think suits better the bg. But i'm a noob, so probably i'm wrong^^

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

yes, i understand your point. I meant that is harder to contest fonts on the long run. we can stun, pacify etc, but still if we dont have somebody to throw into the font, in the face of the opponent's melee, we are going to lose it eventually, because we continously need to cc , hit and retreat. One error in positioning, or an unespected cleanse, and we can pay a high price for a too close fae.
    Still, i think that my explanation maybe wasnt clear enough, can you suggest me a better way to make this understandable without writing a master degree essay?^^

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Pros:
    1. Can CC for days.
    2. Very high mobility - almost everything flies and has 6+ SPD.
    3. High racial spell, relic and equip support.
    4. Can snowball vs meat-spam-heavy BGs like zombies or summon-heavy BGs.
    5. Can contest fonts for days.
    Cons:
    1. No hero (not a big deal).
    2. Very low base HP, relies on HP stacking methods.
    3. Slow build-up, prone to rush. Super-vulnerable to melee ones in particular
    4. Has trouble holding the font contest in a long term due to very few melee (Wisp is the only one that can hold for days) options available.
    5. Most high damage champs deal magic damage. Has to overcome it with equips.
    6. Reliant on battle leader / adaptive procs, loses if it can't snowball.

Done.

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I find the Fae have a really hard time against "meat-spam-heavy" BGs like zombies. Zombies, in particular, can swarm the heck out of the low HP fae. I find the Fae work best against expensive super champs deck because the CC allows you to focus on the champs that aren't the superchamp (or go for the shrine).

Tweek516 and MaruXV like this.
  5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i think faes don't like zombies cause there are too many targets to cc. but also they are targets to feed the corgi battle leader, if we can slow down their march. not our best matchup, but we are in a better spot than, lets say, spiders. i think we are in a bad spot vs worms, for example. should we prepare a list of nice and bad matchups?

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

I just played a ranked vs boghopper(ish) FS bg, and cliffdived a unit with fairy dust. twice. a boghop shaman, and a KARTCH + DESTINY.
    the spell is nice to stop rushers, but i think that understanding the routes the units will take when wandering gives this spell a plus value that is not to be underestimated.
    Definetively worth 1 spot in the bg.

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Attached Files:

AKHolic likes this.
  8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

where is the knight? i repeat, WHERE IS THE CORGI KNIGHT??!!!

9. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

He does run it :d

10. Tweek516

Nope, that's ranger. Don't really find knight worth it.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

its not about being worth. he is the firking CORGI KNIGHT! you must run one or you are not worthy of playing faes.
    apart from jokes, i found he has nice tanky stats, mobility and dmg not indifferent. with faes problems to put champs in fonts, i think you should consider running one.

Etherielin and AKHolic like this.
  12. Tweek516

I don't really find the point of commiting to a strategy fae suck at. If I end up backing off the midterm then fine - I play my fae very harrass orientated so don't really care about a frontliner.

Plus space is soooooo tight in this bg

MaruXV likes this.
  13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

thats true indeed. Not so much space. But the point is not committing to a strategy you cannot do well. the point of running him and the other melee faes is to make the bg more balanced. With your approach, is like " i go for harass play. if its a favourable matchup, i probably win. If not, i probably lose. The point of getting some melee is to avoid this kind of two way scenario and get a more " i can play my match almost everytime" bg. It doesnt mean your way is wrong, just is different^^

14. Tweek516

Yeah I understand what your saying, but believe that wisp and ranger are enough front liners to just about scrape by if needs be. Not sure, can't quite remember reasoning as haven't ran this BG in a while.

Curious, what do you think are the worst matchups for fae? Seem to struggle vs IS and anything with cleansing aura but that's about it.

15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

IS is not that bad, he gets out our cc but we dont rely much on spell dmg so the faction bonus is not that bad. We are ok vs constructs cause we can proc rangers battle leader a lot on summons. We have 2 battleleaders and 2 adaptive for the long run so constructs should be ok (also they dont run as much cleanse as paladins).
    Summon spam in general is not that bad unless they can get too much out, in that case we dont have a lot of aoe so if the targets are too many we are in trouble.
    We suffer rush from UD if we cant get out cc units like oracle early. Also if they go with 3+ arroweaters we need to get out our melee units really fast (that another of the reasons i like to play 6/7 meleeish units). I think in general what we suffer most are: aoe cleansing - early rush bgs - overwhelming cheap meat bgs

16. Tweek516

Eh, I love having cheap meat as fae. UD rush I don't find too bad tbh. Arroweater - yeah that is tough.

17. Etherielin

Consider updating this as Corgi Knight is a LOT cheaper now for example, meaning he's worth a lot more. (69-73 nora)

18. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i will indeed

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Winter patch update done. added Elite blade in the equips, modified dreamer, warden, nullbeast, corgiknight, removed bliss. @Etherielin if you want to send me your bg modified for the patch i will update it too. If anybody else wants to send me also their fae bgs i'll upload them

Tweek516 likes this.
  20. Etherielin

No changes, just a few notes:
    1. I run Nectar Fairy with shroud and stun in fairies and shroud and abash outside of them.
    2. I run Fae Dreamer with Dreamstate and Blockade, but I'm hoping she gets divert and shatter summons swapped around so that you'll be able to run Dreamstate and Shatter Summons at once.
    3. I run Corgi Knights with Crazed Charger and Block 1.
    4. I don't run Wisps because I find Corgis to be more efficient and less gimmicky.
    5. My Sun Blossom runs Detection 3 and Grant: Magical Aura.