You didn't watch the presidential debate last night

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Sep 27, 2016.

1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Are you suggesting that the government-funded studies that recommended we give more money to the government to solve the issue might be less than totally objective? What, just for money? Who would ever do that?

newsbuff and DarkJello like this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Good because Time person of the year is not supposed to be a popularity contest, he has by his actions and existence influenced the world greatly, wether for better or worse is still up to be seen.

see also: Time person of the year 1938 and person of the year 1939, and 1942. ( Hitler, Stalin and Stalin)

Edit: googled god into browser don't know why my reaction to eminem should be praise or vomit? I mean I like his work but i'm not that into rap.

Edit^2 ah I see if I type it in googles website it autocorrects to god emperor trump. well nice knowing trump is popular with people who also like fascist ubermenchsen better than beautifull tyranids or collectivist tau? this does not suprise me.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    Tweek516 and DarkJello like this.
  3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It would seem that Trump has thus far gained relative votes over HRC in the recount efforts in Wisconsin and Michigan. I think the county-based recount in Pennsylvania (not an official state recount) was 5 extra votes for Clinton total (no other changes), if I'm remembering this stuff correctly.

Wisconsin isn't completed yet though, but it's not looking good for people hoping the recounts could overturn the results (though that got scuttled I think by not getting enough states involved to begin with?).

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

the sad part is that the money that clintonistas paid to stein for these recounts isn't covering the full cost of the recounts, so our state governments are going to lose millions of dollars for this pointless hypocrisy.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I mean, money is alright I guess.

6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Some say the love of money is the root of all evil. I don't know, but it is naughty. Money is like a knife or truck, in that depends on how it is used.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I think food is the root of all evil

Nothing has me quite as much in their grasp as the hunger for the next meal

DarkJello likes this.
  8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Clearly, roots are the root of all evil.

DarkJello likes this.
  9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

***** I will STAB you.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. DarkJello

With a small wooden fork or spoon? Nearly blasphemed and typed "plastic" above.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I always thought evil was the root of all evil, just in like... seed form or something.

12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

right, or root form. good thinking.

so, evil roots are the root of all evil.

Baskitkase likes this.
  13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

ive heard that its the love of money that is the root of all evil.

ive also heard it said that the test in life for a woman is material and the test in life for a man is a woman.

now put those two sentences together and enjoy where that takes you.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'm a material girl?

15. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

So you think that money is the root of all evil? . . . Have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can’t exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears, or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by the men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?

When you accept money in payment for your effort, you do so only on the conviction that you will exchange it for the product of the effort of others. It is not the moochers or the looters who give value to money. Not an ocean of tears nor all the guns in the world can transform those pieces of paper in your wallet into the bread you will need to survive tomorrow. Those pieces of paper, which should have been gold, are a token of honor—your claim upon the energy of the men who produce. Your wallet is your statement of hope that somewhere in the world around you there are men who will not default on that moral principle which is the root of money. Is this what you consider evil?

Have you ever looked for the root of production? Take a look at an electric generator and dare tell yourself that it was created by the muscular effort of unthinking brutes. Try to grow a seed of wheat without the knowledge left to you by men who had to discover it for the first time. Try to obtain your food by means of nothing but physical motions—and you’ll learn that man’s mind is the root of all the goods produced and of all the wealth that has ever existed on earth.

But you say that money is made by the strong at the expense of the weak? What strength do you mean? It is not the strength of guns or muscles. Wealth is the product of man’s capacity to think. Then is money made by the man who invents a motor at the expense of those who did not invent it? Is money made by the intelligent at the expense of the fools? By the able at the expense of the incompetent? By the ambitious at the expense of the lazy? Money is made—before it can be looted or mooched—made by the effort of every honest man, each to the extent of his ability. An honest man is one who knows that he can’t consume more than he has produced.

[​IMG]
    Ayn Rand
    “The Meaning of Money,”
    For the New Intellectual, 88

DarkJello, SPiEkY and Saandro like this.
  16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

okay so while profhulk is being libertariam...

evil and good very much depends on your own standpoint what for the bird is a disaster is a miracle to the worm.

stop hating on roots since planting trees is one way we could reduce heat-stress and try and migitate stuff, you arseholes.

17. DarkJello

Objectivism is the philosophy of rational individualism founded by Ayn Rand (1905-1982). In novels such as The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged , Rand dramatized her ideal man, the producer who lives by his own effort and does not give or receive the undeserved, who honors achievement and rejects envy.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

yeah yeah whatever nepotism out the wazoo throwing monkeywrenches into your crooked ideal. Idon'tcare.

you tree-haters.

19. DarkJello

I love trees and ewoks and butterflies and "assault" rifles. How dare you sir!!

[​IMG]

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

When Rand comes out, I walk away because there's no typically no reasonable discussion to be had at that point in my experience.