Leak

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Dec 12, 2016.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

i've used it, it's ok, I just prefer relocate to swap, 99 times out of 100, i want both units in the same place, either farther back or up front, rarely do I want them to simply change spots.

anyway sucks that pounce is consolidating with swoop, I personally liked pounce since it could hit multiple targets and wasn't a targeted ability, especially in st since the gale defence most people use leaves them open to pounce multi hits.

also was a pseudo leap, for maps where you needed to get over a hole or rock.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

3. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

i think FS should get cleansing emerald instead of ST...whos with me!

guokamoli54 and 4NIK8 like this.
  4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

My only issue with taking away dispel from prot and cleanse from wrath is that it makes splits even stronger.

SireofSuns likes this.
  5. calisk

stronger is wrong....they are literally no different then before since they'd always had both.

now it does make FF decks weaker if they had access to both, which not every faction has, but of course it depends on what the abilities get replaced with.

you'd have a hard time convincing me that if you removed dispel from say salaman negamange, and replaced it with beckon boghopper that they'd be that much weaker for it btw I have no idea what units still have dispel so just acted like nega might still have it

6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

What, so that FS will have a cookie-cutter rune? That'd be silly, and totally against the whole point of changing Cleansing Emerald's factions. (though more cleanse for FS should be incoming).

So is that really happening? I thought it was only being discussed?

7. SireofSuns

Wat.

By definition, the Split Faction decks will be stronger than Full Faction, because the Full Faction stuff will be weaker, thus, by comparison, the Split Faction decks will be made stronger. It's a backhanded buff. (I think that's the term?)

Salaman Negamage still has Dispel, which makes him extremely valuable in Salaman and FS in general. He also has Shatter Summoned and Spellswallower, which makes very versatile and useful. Him losing Dispel isn't a huge deal, though he is one of the few champs that would make sense to keep it (it fits his lore very well).

Tweek516 likes this.
  8. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

If you were to split a demon, fairy, voil or salamander BG's for a dispel or cleanse that would be a nerf in its own right I would think

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

One of the main goals of this patch, and future patches, is to make the factions/themes feel more unique in the way they play, since balance seems to be considered pretty good by most players and one of the bigger complaints appears to be factions/themes are too similar.

We can't want every faction/theme have access to the same stuff while at the same time wanting them to be different.

jeeperz2, DiCEM0nEY, Woffleet and 4 others like this.
  10. SireofSuns

How far do you believe this concept will be taken?

11. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Change the cleanse ability to a CD of 2 then. At CD 3 the ability suks. I would never run a crap champ just for a lack luster ability.

12. calisk

you missed the point, you said it would make the split faction decks stronger, this is inaccurate since they always had access to both cleanse and dispel. nor would it be accurate to say it makes splits stronger then all FF decks since not all FF decks had access to both cleanse and dispel.

it makes splits better against some FF decks, but even that is dependant on what they get in replacement of what they lost and to be blatantly honest I've played with st for years( very rarely have we ever had dispel ) I do not consider dispel an essential ability, so I don't consider it why splits are better then the FF st

13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

M
    Making FF weaker = making splits stronger.

Basically, a lot of FF decks will have either dispel or cleanse. Splits can have both.

Bondman007 and SireofSuns like this.
  14. calisk

that's not true, and again not accurate as stated above since.

if you have a rich man and a poor man and you take money away from the poor man did the rich man get more wealthy? can he now suddenly buy a million dollar home when previously he could not?

you may ask why it's relevant, but it is when discussing how to then deal with it, either one deck got weaker and you can now improve that theme, or hundreds of decks got stronger and you now need to broad nerf 100's of decks to deal with it.

also it assumes I concede your point that the FF decks are weaker without both cleanse and dispel, which honestly is a broad statement that I disagree with, some individual decks may require it, but as I stated st has never needed dispel to compete as a simple example of a case where this change does not effect our FF decks, not every deck needs every mechanic in the game to compete.

Braxzee likes this.
  15. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

If the Lonx Bone Charm works more like Leap slam and the other lonx get leap slams it can be very useful in setting up the gale or an arctic bolt or sky storm plus the slowing effect

16. SireofSuns

:|

I'm not sure what you mean by it not being accurate as stated above. I haven't seen anything indicating that this direction isn't being taken, all evidence points toward it being taken.

Rich vs Poor is an incorrect analogy in this scenario.

Split Decks have been complained about for a very long time due to them having access to so much more than FF. Making sure that Prot only has Cleanse, and Wrath only has Dispel, will make FF weaker, which by extension will make Split Faction stronger. There is no way to really nerf Split Factions in this case, it's simply too hard and would tick off the player base. Additionally, with the chosen direction of DOG in moving Cleanse and Dispel to be Prot/Wrath respectively, there won't be much in the way of a justifiable buff to the factions losing Cleanse/Dispel. It isn't an opportunity to make them stronger, it's a direct and intentional redesign, which has the sad consequence of also being a slight nerf.

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. calisk

stated above meant my previous comment to a different user.

I also don't disagree with your statement that splits have access to many advantages that FF don't have, my point as previously stated is that this change does not universally make them stronger, nothing has changed about splits as compared to before and they will still have the exact same advantages they have always had.

what has changed is that a few select FF decks may be at a larger disadvantage as they will have gotten weaker, and those cases could or should be addressed individually if needed.

by it's very nature a split deck has access to twice as many runes as any FF deck, comparatively this is a significantly larger advantage then not being able to bring dispel to the table in any match, you are essentially complaining that your opponent should not be allowed to bring 5 guns to the knife fight he should only have 4 a weak analogy i'll admit but at this point I don't see much more to be had from arguing what is essentially semantics.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  18. SireofSuns

intj doge meme.jpg

19. calisk

20. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

That's not how an argument works. Bad, bad FW player. *waves his finger*