Rogue One: SJW paradise?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Dec 21, 2016.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

(Disclaimer: I intentionally made the title very clickbaity).

I heard from some of the most interesting Righties--but still no where near as interesting as the Dos Equis guy--on Twitter that Rogue One was for SJWs and against White Supremacy. Supposedly Disney is trying to brainwash the culture into being more "liberal", or something. (That might very well be true, but in this instance the narrative flopped. All IMO of course). I see words like "liberal" and "racist" thrown around with reckless abandon, and thus I am not really sure which definition most people have in their cranium for either word.

Anywho, I very much enjoyed the movie even though I was on the lookout for nefarious brainwashing action. Either it contained none, or it was so skillful that I failed to detect even the tiniest disturbance in my brain force. ;) Seriously though, it was a good flick that made lots of interesting points. Never once did I get a SJW vibe. And the Empire might very well be stacked to the gills with white supremacists. And to that I say, so the firk what? They are totalitarian Aholes that deserve death and destruction for all the misery and suffering that they have caused. (Yes, I know it is just a movie). Empire = mucho evil, and the precise classification of that evil is hardly relevant.

Some will say white nationalism is the true target. I don't know. But even if it is, one must make the case. Mexicans being proud of Mexico is good. Japanese being proud of Japan is good. South Africans proud of South Africa is good. Whites, and all others that have joined us here, being proud of MuriKa is good. Pattern recognition identified.

In closing, I really enjoyed the final "twists" in Rogue One. Legit movie. May the force be with all y'all.

badgerale likes this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

It's not like The Empire being Space 卐s has been some sort of hidden message in Star Wars, it was pretty obvious right off the bat.

SireofSuns and DarkJello like this.
  3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Firk that ending gave me such a huge erection.

themacca and DarkJello like this.
  4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I thought the political griping about the new star wars movie was that it was pro war. if it was pro liberal they wouldn't rebel. they would protest. and try to get the empire to change its rules about galactic toilets.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

the empire who has long in the expanded universe been pro-normal (white?) human and anti-everything else based loosely on nazis with troops named after the Sturm abteilung carryingnearly the same kind of cannister on their back as german gasmask cannisters are an allegory for white supremacists and the bad guys in this story?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I would not have guessed.

probably the people calling it SJW thing are talking about a FEMALE ! lead character
    also most of the movie industry is liberal I think, so they are likely to make movies they like anyway.

I am not going to read the rest of this thread for a while since I have not seen it yet, going with family post christmas
    So I could be wrong about everything.

SireofSuns and DarkJello like this.
  6. Ragic

the fact that they are called stormtroopers should have been a clue. but they are also clones so the left should like that.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

no the clone troopers where clones, the stormtroopers are partially cloned but most have backstories about having to join the imperial army because of economic reasons and to feed their families.

what am I still doing here? I said I wouldnt.

Etherielin, SPiEkY and DarkJello like this.
  8. Ragic

backstory? pffft, clones are more pc to blast

DarkJello likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

honestly

this is just why the USA is such a feeding ground for idiocy, you do it to yourself

Etherielin likes this.
  10. DarkJello

Can you elaborate on why you believe >300 million peeps with different opinions is inherently idiotic?

Also, I never said that every single person I follow on Twitter is American. Heck, some of them are even Lefties. Variety is the spice of life.

11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

As I'm going to likely be seeing the movie later this week I'm skipping the thread until after that beyond this post. I did see this which seems relevant:

(5:47 to skip to the relevant part.)

I may or may not post after watching the film itself. The few people seeming to take up this issue seem silly to me, and their complaining seems to mirror what they are ostensibly complaining about (the need for everything to cater to everyone all at the same time). And that's assuming they even know what they are talking about in the first place, which is not a safe assumption.

DarkJello likes this.
  12. Ragic

spoiler alert, they get the plans of the death star to princess Leia.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    SireofSuns, BurnPyro and Dagda like this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You guys took freedom to the sad level where everything someone else do somehow infringes on your freedom.

You guys can't look at a perfectly fine movie and see all these "hidden narratives" that fit your own agenda and then have to take to social media to ***** about it.
    This isn't an attack to your personally, this is just something I have noticed over time. Everything is instantly thrown on social media to complain about everything anybody has done that offends you in some way or another.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Kill whitey cloney

DarkJello likes this.
  15. DarkJello

I created this thread to highlight a disagreement I have with people that I usually agree with. To be more specific, it was Mike Cernovich. And a few of his tweets were highlighted in the vid that ohmin was kind enough to link. Big shock incoming, but I actually believe that all of the conversations back and forth on social media--which inherently means lots of agreement and disagreement--are healthy and awesome. I also agree that unplugging from social media can also be groovy and healthy. Some movies are superficial, others are deep and some do indeed appear to have hidden-ish narratives. I am fine with all of that. I like to parse it out with other intelligent peeps, which is why I like communicating with the diverse crowd here.

Merry everything to everyone! :)

16. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

This isn't a political comment, and it never occurred to me to think of it that way:

I thought the film was pretty good. I think better than the last one.

Though i still felt (as with force awakens) the leads were a bit too Luke Skywalker and not enough Han Solo or Princess Lea - by which i mean too workmanlike and not confidently characterful enough.

The supporting actors on the other hand I found really good, the droid especially was hilarious.

The plot was good, the scenes were good.

Fentum, SireofSuns, Ohmin and 2 others like this.
  17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Honest question:
    Is this really an "America" thing only? I don't tend to use social media so I don't know if this doesn't come up in other countries much. I'm wondering if it's a real cultural thing or if it's just population of "Americans" tends to drown out other individual English-speaking nations putting stuff up to social media.

Anyway.

Movie was good. I recommend it.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yes.

Yes it is.

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

KS2O is the best.

I am also glad someone was promoted to general, but she needs to report to the briefing room.
    [​IMG]

20. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

The only character I cared about.

(SJW movie? Wat???)

Woah woah woah, that's a bit sweeping for a a galaxy spanning nation don't you think? Don't you know that not all Imperials are evil? I bet you'd kill an Imperial on sight even if it was a child. (note the heavy sarcasm and ironic similarities to RL).