The Your Story - End Game - The KTCAOP Story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Loyaute, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

If you claim, just state what you do. The name of your role and the flavor don't matter.

2. Xinde

Either one of us could be mafia though.

3. Xinde

Anyone can also make up a flavor name if they bothered to read the flavor of the game.

4. Qucas

Qucas Guest

True but you're the least suspicious atm.

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

if you're so intent on claiming and you don't know how much you're allowed to claim, why not claim the generic until you're sure how much of the specific you can tell us?

6. Xinde

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. DO NOT reveal the flavor name for vanilla town.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

oh cool so am i.

everyone else, hurry up you'll miss the VT train

too real? too real. real talk though, there can be a bunch of different names for VTs. for all we know, loy lovingly hand-picked names for every single one of us. additionally, you could easily make up a name and pretend to be confused when people don't recognize it. the name of the role is far from proof.

8. Xinde

Sure you can. Do what you just did. Say you don't do anything.

9. Xinde

No. Sometimes there is only a single name for vanilla town and if the mod doesn't give it in the initial post then it's taboo.

10. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Someone said we were close to the hammer, is Jad at 6 votes? Does anyone have a Votelist up?

11. Xinde

Hammer is 7 votes. The only facts allowed are the facts that the mod gives to everyone.

12. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

I don't think Jad should reveal his Flavor Name or anything like that: He claims VT, that's all there is to it. We don't want the flavor changing anyone's opinion or influencing anything else.

And besides, the flavor name is kinda irrelevant, all that matters are the effects.

Quoted from the Wiki "A hammer is a vote on someone which results in the majority needed to lynch them. Once the hammer vote is placed, the game moves into Twilight until the mod posts the death scene. The player who has been hammered is considered beyond salvation as of the moment the hammering vote has been placed; barring the influence of a role like a Governor nothing will stop them from getting lynched. Many mods allow hammered players to post in Twilight but some do not."

13. Xinde

I've played enough games of mafia? Hammer is whatever it takes for a majority. There are 12 players. 6 is not a majority, but 7 is.

The latter part is just something that has to be a rule otherwise it breaks the game.

14. Xinde

Jad, do you have anything else to add about either myself or Napalm?

15. Xinde

If you are town, get your opinions out.

16. Xinde

Does anything smell funny to you? Do you think I'm mafia? Who else in the game do you think is mafia?

17. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

scum scum scum scum

also, jad that is exactly why it is against the rules to reveal flavor text it would be way to easy for someone to confirm themselves.

Xinde likes this.
  18. Gaverion

same goes for flavor names

19. Xinde

I was waiting for this. I do want to resolve the issue with Jad though. I honestly see no reason why he should have thought I was suspicious over Napalm.

20. Gaverion

to be honest I found you slightly suspicious and did not find napalm as much. I would have to go back and see why I thought as much was fairly tired at the time.