How much would you love the devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firk, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

No idea. Just about to try it out

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Wouldn't work, for the reasons you said. Firewall is friend/enemy not same/different owner.

3. Fentum

Ah well was a nice idea. Would it do 12 damage at start of turn once possess wears off? Must check

4. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I have a question...How soon do you guys expect to be playing PS4/Vita players competitively in ranked? No trading means they'll all be grinding runes for...how long?

5. Fentum

I never play ranked so not anytime soon!

6. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I love them for keeping this game available to play for all these years.

Fentum, SPiEkY and aseryen like this.
  7. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I imagine some that really enjoy the game will switch to playing on PC so they can trade, some will support the game and buy packs/boxes which will help with the grind, and I think some of the public decks are good enough for ranked. You can make competitive decks without any legs/exos, or at least only a couple exos. So I think it's less to do with the grind, and more to do with getting good at the game. Going to say 2-3 weeks for dedicated players.

SPiEkY, jeeperz2 and aseryen like this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I really, really hope that the client launch comes with faster deck building options. In my interactions with new players, that's been a huge sticking point: you start with literally zero tools for deck building. Considering that trading is out on PS4, that seems like a doable thing.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Define tools. Do you mean basically popping out a few runes for free to get people started. Cause i agree that seems reasonable

10. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see some toggle features to further sort runes out. Do away with the drop downs except to minimize the Race/Class display. With everything being consolidated it'd be nice to get a live search for abilities as well. That would make it easier to create bgs for achievements and to move away from using 3rd party sites to search, not including Poxbox since that is more for trading.

I use the Checklist for most of the rune searching now that other databases are so far out of date. I think Poxbase is a great template, being able to select Hex on a champion and then quickly see what other units have Hex either on base or upgrade via mini icons and then further sort those runes by faction/race/class is just what the Pox client needs. Searching by expansion, faction, race, and class in the checklist and not being able to see what runes have shared factions/races/classes and abilities the way Poxbase does surprises me.

Poxbase is even great for searching spells/relics/equips. It's easy enough to search S/R/E by faction in the checklist but being able to search for Attack: Fire and also see extra results under S/R/E and Abilities is appealing for such a vast game.

Fentum likes this.
  11. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

faeria had a nice quick tool for deck building that bundled 8 or so cards in a module so you could make a "custom" starter-ish deck by selecting 4 or 5 of those modules and you'd be set. Not sure how well it would translate in pox though, since champs tend to undergo pretty substantial changes over time.

12. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

first time I built a bg in faeria I wasn't understanding exactly that part of the bundle!!! I was like:I don't want all of this stuff!!(so used to pox and micromanaging)

13. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Yeah, I immediately went for more granular decisions but it was pretty nice being able to trust the designers and dump a bunch of related stuff in the deck at once. It also would mean that new players start off with some runes that they can play with immediately, which is one of the more frustrating things about starting pox.

Incidentally, I really hope there is some kind of new player package that comes out, because it would be really annoying to have to play bad decks for a month until you can scrounge up enough shards for even a budget thematic deck. When I made my freebie219 account I was only able to make a budget deck in a week because of poxbox.