Marsh Warden

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by 4NIK8, Jan 4, 2017.

1. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

This guy's kit is everywhere... Hes a pseudo melee beater with flanking but has an ranged atk and poison cloud trap in base, making him quite expensive for the 44HP and 1 def he packs, as a result he's barely ever run.

I'd say take poion cloud trap out of base, since unless your running poison immunity thats mostly a shoebox and even with poison immunity his kit has no synergy with poison theme at all. So remove Ally kthir on U1 for it or simply remove poison cloud trap since Ally kthir opens up some FS/KF ranger synergy or something... Or you could swap it with logistics: flanking and add something else instead of flanking.

Regarding the Arrowshot, I would probably swap it with poison immunity.

These simple changes (not completly changing what he does) would make his kit much much better and would probably make him see more play.

What do you guys think?

aseryen likes this.
  2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Well been running him detect and. Flanking logistics and I love it.

I don't really want to see him changed, but I've always loved his kit so I'm a lil biased.

I especially like his poison trap, because you get to use it, reposition and almost kite your enemy.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Ohmin and aseryen like this.
  3. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of Preparation and/or Kinetic Impulse to synergize with Arrowshot.

Marsh Warden

U1
    Preparation
    Logistics: Flanking
    Ally: Kthir

U2
    Kinetic Impulse
    Evasive r1
    Detection r2

Base
    Amphibious
    Arrowshot
    Attack: Physical
    Leap r3

I think this would have more of a Warden's presence on the field for the nora cost. I like his art and how it's crouched fingers forward, all his momentum is ready to leap forward and kill. Phantom Dash would be cool but that's already on Darkmarsh Outlaw.

4NIK8 likes this.
  4. Leadrz

Just so you know preparation will not increase arrow shot as its range is static.

aseryen likes this.
  5. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Good to know, didn't think about that. I was more thinking of what would interact well with Preparation. Although if not taking Preparation, I see your point that Kinetic Impulse has no use.

I'm a fan of Ally abilities although replacing Ally: K'thir for a ranged ability would help to make Kinetic Impulse a good choice. Keeping Ally: Kthir as an upgrade though diversifies the kit more which I like as well.

6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Marsh Warden should have a new attack ability called leapertunistic = when this champion jumps maximum distance for 3 consecutive turns he gains x amount of speed, dmg, and range for one attack. Boom boghopper racial upgrade 2.o Leapertunistic.

7. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

with logistics flank. and high speed you'd like to deploy him early or for longer strategic routes (ex. threathening a distant font, side font capture or literally flanking opponent) so I'd start working there as it seems his main design role: to scout, run long distances (doesn't he have leap 3 btw making him 8 speed runner actually?). I'm tryng to find special abilities that fit the role or an infiltrator, but while scrapper is the only thing that I can think of now it's too strong and narrow, and it's also isn't fitting for many reasons. There are couple ideas or base I'd start with:
    - keep imm. poison, arrowshot if nessesary or replace with a cool defensive ability - these are hard to design and pox is lacking at them recently, keep trap and add a poisonburst
    - add quest: runner, keep arrowshot, keep ally and logistics: flanking
    - make two logistics: Logistics: flanking, logistics: speed or life siphon, maybe quest dmg? again, quest runner comes into my mind.
    - make him the only boghopper with provision so he opens some outside synergy, as there are 7 billion boghoppers already for a pure froghopper bg. As he's inside the poison theme he could use a second alt att: poison for the reasons it'd synergise wih elemental burst of the new treefolker and would give the darkmarsh an alt dmg choice.
    actually leap 3 access is the key if I'd be to post anything more.

8. Leadrz

The feels when he is perfect as is. Q.Q

Ohmin likes this.
  9. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

run him?

10. Leadrz

i do. :3

Ohmin and aseryen like this.