Is there a reason to run Fiorn?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by dsjtheman, Jan 5, 2017.

1. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Help me here in case Im not seeing something. If I wanted a champ with battle leader I'd run Corgi Ranger. If I wanted a good charging champ id run corgi knight. Even tho it doesnt have heavy charger, it does have more base defense and is a lot cheaper. Both options have better synergy with equips (like elite blade) and are not 2x2.

All that being said, I love Fiorn and would love a reason to play him more.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

He's not really bad, its just that (as you mentioned) there are better choices out there. That being said, running him isn't going to lose you any games.

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I saw a game today with Charger Knight (IS). That guy be better than Fiorn, I believe.

4. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Try playing around with Hibernate. A stealthed Fiorn can be devastating- especially early. Or to get that kill on an annoying ranged/support unit. Horn of K'thir is a good ability (though it is better on Arrowsinger) and synergizes well with heavy charger.

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Remember he also has bastion of will, commander and horn. and aid defence but that would only work in garus or vinetouch bgs.
    bastion is nice.
    commander, remember he's a warrior bard. he can boost quite a lot of guys out there. personally i play him in the ranger combined bg i posted, cause he boosts arrowsinger and dugon and centaur archer, so almost any non ranger unit i play

6. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

The reason to run him is to deal 30+dmg with 1 attack. 16+4+3 +50%.
    Also is tanky and has battle leader, so you can deploy something that hits harder than corgi without losing it.
    Problem is that he's 2x2 and I find thats often a problem when trying to charge people with him, often meaning that you can't of have to spend more AP so you can't double tap.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Thats just because I use Golden Compass :p

Fiorn has a spot in Meta KF I think if you run an efficiency kit with Blademasters etc that can benefit ftom Horn. I wouldnt use him if your deck focuses on ranged dominance.

Etherielin, dsjtheman and Xirone like this.
  8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, that Golden Compass was amazing. It is everything that Blitz, the ability, used to be. That Charger Knight had something like 27 DMG before Heavy Charger was factored in.

9. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Yes, he's run in a Battle Leader build.

10. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Cuz he looks frikin sweet! Lol

Xirone likes this.
  11. kissofpain

kissofpain Well-Known Member

Am I wrong that Fiorn is the only KF unit with bastion of will? I remember nymph and tortun galesinger used to have it and now it shows up on Fiorn. :)

Anyway bastion of will is a great counter to posses decks and to those pesky units with repulse, therefore Fiorn is auto include in my 'meta' deck.

12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

its the only unit but there is also aurora banner

13. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Yes I agree. Id love an epic taunt for him. Press the taunt then charge ;p

guokamoli54 likes this.