Worms Ground Zero

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Dusk creeper is important and to be run with shroud/empowered.
    Shroud counters range which is very important and improve range extends your threat range.

Mindthief creeper is an odd rune,can be used to rush down a font early with stealth,paralyze and any abilities he copies
    or he can be used in mid or late game to quickly grab a font and contest it in a very annoying way.
    Sometimes adaptation is a really strong ability,and sometimes useless.

guokamoli54 likes this.
  2. skinnythick

skinnythick New Member

Can someone explain to me what flag station is please?

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not exactly to what you are referring? What do you mean by "flag station"?

4. skinnythick

skinnythick New Member

I saw earlier you used the phrase flagstation, something you want to avoid

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh, not flag station, "stagflation." That mean having inflated deployment zone growth and stagnated board growth -- lots of SDZ, very few owned champs on the field.

6. skinnythick

skinnythick New Member

Ah I see, and why not include reapers blade? Very handy in board control imo

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've had it in the past, but currently I feel that putting HP on the board is generally better than removing the opponent's HP. Reaper's Blade can be a good utility include, but I don't think it does enough compared to other options.

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

can you update this, especially the tier list when you get a chance

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Front page updated a bit. It's going to need more thorough revisions once I do more testing on worms+ lists -- ones that use many more non-worms to patch up holes.

10. DiCEM0nEY

thanks, interesting to see chattering maw not in core. I guess I can understand since the nerfs though, I agree. I don't know much about worms, so this is interesting; especially since colossus isn't core.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The stuff at "Good" is minimum 1, which for Colossus can only be 1. Likewise, Bile Zombie is at 1 for now; Chattering and Bile don't provide the board presence to make running them out all the time good.

12. DiCEM0nEY

what about pre-nerf chatter maw?

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Same thing. Nerf was mostly unimportant. Didn't change my view of the champ.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Upon @kalasle's request.

Champions
    2* Bile Zombies: Initiative 2/Bile Explosion 3
    1* Blinking Creeper: Vengeful/Detection 3
    2* Blood Fiend: Exertion 3/Life Siphon
    1* Blood Worm: Blood Rage/Multiattack 1
    1* Carrion Colossus: Ravenous Torrent/Worm Lord
    2* Chattering Maw: Sonic Roar/Initiative 1
    1* Dusk Creeper: Shroud/Stat Bonus: Speed 1
    2* Eye of Serkan: Necrosis/Logistics: Flanking
    2* Phantasmal Creeper: Magical aura 2/Hex 2
    2* Putrid Creeper: Scour/Creeping Harvest
    2* Rotmaw Creeper: Oppurtunistic Assault/Empowered Offence

Spells
    1* Despoil
    2* Essence Drain
    1* Festering Wounds
    1* Hungry Dead
    1* Mobilization
    1* Soulreave

Relics
    1* Creeping Pustule
    1* Elsarin Vex
    1* Skull of Decay
    1* Unholy Tomb

Equipment
    1* Bone Circle Staff

Average Nora cost: 53

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Thanks.

Couple questions:

Why no necroweave? How has new Bloodworm been? Rotmaw any good? Why not Tome; not a common enough play? You think 2x BZ both with Init is right? Current overall thoughts on the deck?

16. themacca

No necroweave because between 2 bile zombies my base is pretty much covered. i can kill nearly anything i need too using 2 biles in a single turn. and if i need to use them just for CC with the 2 round CD i can just cycle them 1 after the other.

New Bloodworm has been my second least deployed unit ahead of only the blinking creeper. BUT the one game i deployed him in he won me the game so there's that.

Never find myself deploying tome if not to sustain my own self shrine damage, haven't got any of that in this BG so servce no real purpose to me.

Well i wouldn't run bile zombies with shrine exertion. I can't see any advantage to exertion over just initiative.

Overall i feel like the deck has been really damn good. Running 2x Ed can help me get an early kill in mid font to let me control early to possibly at least avoid having to give up mid. Rotmaw Creepers with Empowered Offence have been absolute godsends they do a big chunk of my damage through out games. This BG has let me manage to net wins over a few players i know damn well are better than me, on that Horrible UD map that is basically the bane of worms no less too.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I mean for the OTK combo.

I mean Init 1.

Good to know. They mostly early-game plays? What role do they serve, and when?

Do you think that you really need 2 Chattering Maw? Have you been playing them frequently or early enough for that?

18. themacca

Don't feel i need it to win. if i extend my shrine out far enough to be able to get away with saving 300 nora i'd won long before that point anyway. If my shrine is extended that far and i have no other option to win than by doing my best to save 300 nora i've probably lost anyway.

I prefer them both to constantly have the AP guaranteed every turn.

Early game good beaters. and late game they're fantastic ranged harrassment with their dot+high base damage through empowered you just cant get away from them.

Yeah 2 Chattering maws have been a large staple for me, they see more play early game than late game for me while i'm attempting to grow my SDZ they're good CC. Late game that role is entirely replaced by bile zombie though because the SDZ growth no longer matters.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I don't necessarily agree with this -- the OTK provides a unique strategic advantage in that you can always be the defensive player, and are never forced to move forward outside of overwhelming font control by the opponent. It's not so much that you need it to win, as how it allows you to win.

Thanks for the rest of the replies.

20. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

You guys call it a worm bg, but its basically spam bile zombie bg and attack things with eye of serkan. The entire bg revolves around those two runes. Fun times.

#nerfbilezombie2017