Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Honestly, no idea...

2. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

The scale of the nerf to Blood Magic is unprecedented, and I know @Sokolov didn't nerf it thinking "I will make this ability utter garbage mwahahaha", but that is what it is now. I've never seen an ability get +3 ap cost and -2 range in one patch, not only that but it's on the attack chain now. Those 3 combined nerfs make Blood Magic terrible. This is the biggest single nerf to an ability in the many years I've known this game.

Suggested change(baby steps instead of this ridiculously drastic nerf we got): I think Blood Magic should be 2 ap, range 5, and not deal 8 loss of life if target(s) are not already bloodied. The being on the attack chain nerf + 1 ap nerf should be more than enough of a nerf.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'm pretty sure Blood Magic got nerfed so hard because Sok was trying to make it mirror the other 3ap, AoE 3 8 damage abilities.

That being said, I think thematic abilities need to be better or cost less than abilities that be can splashed around in any BG. Think about Consecration.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

AoE of despoil looks like A0E 3 when you are trying to position it. When used it is an AoE 4 like the description reads

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think Anthropod Frenzy should be reduced down to an AoE.

SPiEkY and Tweek516 like this.
  7. TeaNinja

This spider only spell has been fine for years. It was slightly buffed when pounce was nerfed. That change does NOT need to be reduced to AoE. If this actually gets nerfed then that is very unfair.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Bad themes often have stupidly strong spells etc. When the themes start getting half good, it is vital to nerf these OP runes - in order to allow growth within the theme (and take them away from crutching on 1/2 things).

9. TeaNinja

Agree with you in theory, but this spell is NOT OP. Need to stop all this UD nerfcall spam. Firking spiders are no stronger than they have been for years.

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I think battle leader should be nerfed to work only once per turn. If gravebind and the like were nerfed to work only once per turn and prevent snowballing, what makes battle leader any different?

Also, should things like battle leader and swarm really work on summons? Why not just weaken summons if they are too strong, instead of putting in hard counters?

11. Tweek516

Wrong. Spiders got buffed a ton with seismic leap and pounce changes.

12. Tweek516

Swarms aren't a hard counter, sever summons was a hard counter.

13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Against low hp summons, swarms are definitely a hard counter as is battle leader. Shatter summons sucks period (as it should, its a horribly designed spell). Ritual of Destruction and Healing are hard counters. Why do they work on enemy summons again?

14. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

I don't think -2 or -4 dam and the only opposing champions without flying, is enough (couldn't find the thread where Sok proposed the change). Comparing it with Tremor, the relocation effect itself warrants a cost increase. Seismic Leap to 8 nora?

Tremor (8 nora)
    Opposing champions without Flying within 3 spaces of this unit are knocked back 1 space, gain Lumbering for 2 turns and take 6 Physical damage. Enemy relics in the affected area take 6 Physical damage. This damage ignores DEF.

Seismic Leap (6 nora)
    This champion is relocated to target space within 4 spaces. Enemy champions within 2 spaces of the target takes 10 Physical damage (this damage ignores DEF), are knocked back 1 space and become Slowed for 2 turns.

15. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I don't think AF should needs to become AoE only but the pounce change is a huge buff. It used to be what? rank 1 or 2? either way, the rank was low enough that it would cost more ap to walk up and pounce than it did to just walk up and attack (factoring in multi).
    The spell is now a cheap global gap closer where it wasn't before, and I was surprised that it didn't get a cost increase.

The dreamcrusher nerf alone was enough to make spiders viable again, the targeted buffs and the way this spell was changed was not necessary for an already viable theme.

16. TeaNinja

Wrong.
    Pounce damage output was nerfed by up to 75 percent because it's not AoE now. And idk if it's working as worded yet but pounce does not ignore defensive abilities anymore. and Seismic leap is scheduled for a significant nerf already.

17. TeaNinja

Tremor is aoe 3, seismic is aoe 2, that alone makes up for lack of relocation. The damge is goin to be 6 or 8, so less or equal to tremor, and then it's kb1+slowed vs kb+lumbering. I think lumbering is usually better. And I'm not sure but doesn't tremor have a lower cd? And you forgot that tremor is not on the attack chain like seismic is. That's huge too.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  18. TeaNinja

The short-term list is all UD nerfs, blood magic will still be terrible, and now Tweek wants UD theme only spell to be significantly nerfed. Do we have nothing better to do if we're trying to nerf firking spiders??

19. Tweek516

Lol at this post. Arent you meant to play spiders or something?

Read @davre s post

Buff some spiders, release some more spiders, but nerf the OP Bane Shift in it to allow the theme to grow. The theme isn't OP, but this spell is.

20. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Found the change in the first post in this thread:
    • Seismic Leap - 8 DMG from 10, no longer affects Flyers
    You have some good points considering the aoe, the attack chain and lumbering/slow. But I don't agree that it's fine with the change. It's gonna do more dam that Tremor and with the relocate it is much easier to position the aoe , so I would consider those to outweigh each other. Considering the attack chain I would say that the relocate is more useful. Then there is Lumbering which is stronger than slowed in most situations, let's say that equals the damage difference. All in all I still feel that Seismic Leap needs to be hit harder than it is slated for.