Pre-Built Decks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by themacca, Jan 25, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I had a training game with one of the new players in my guild today. As i looked through my choices for what deck i could play i couldn't help but realize that each and every one of these decks is just terrible. @Sokolov since this is the entry point for most players since they need convincing to buy the game i think it's generally pretty important to have them be at least some what competitve.

Thoughts on selecting a few players to re-build some BG's (on a budget of course) for players to use in training games.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

All the pre-made, theme decks, etc. have been updated multiple times in Pox's lifetime, but they go out of date fairly quickly.

We might update them again at some point, but the real solution (and one implemented with the new client), is to have all these kinds of decks be EDITABLE as well as the pack updates. These combined should allow new players to get into deck building faster and more easily, and then such decks will largely just be "free runes."

4NIK8, Bondman007, badgerale and 9 others like this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

thats an excellent idea. glad to hear this is a problem you guys were on top of.

Kampel likes this.
  4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

hmmmmm.....you should have a deck of the week for players to buy.

have a thread for players to submit decks, have players vote on them or just pickone that tickles your fancy, put some rules into effect like 1 LE, or 4 exo's or something like that, and just put that deck up for sale every week.

you could leave each deck up for a month from time it was put up so players have a few options I suppose, but for the most part at least the decks would be current.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Nice!

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Wouldn't that get rid of half of my collection? XD

7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Could the next patch at the very least include fixes for the pre-built decks, which either got broke because they have a no-longer-split rune in them (like the poison FS with Draksar Psion) or having a rune that doesn't do anything for them (Lonx BG with Ferren Hideout) ?

DiCEM0nEY likes this.