Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Gotcha, I thought you were talking more the usage of an Avatar either Offensively or Defensively rather than their design.

2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Just a minor inconsistency I noticed- Silent master and boghopper zombie both lack amphibious, despite being FS champions.

Sokolov likes this.
  3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I think you have that in the wrong order. IMO the KF, ST and IS avatars are the best. Then FS and UD, then FW.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

so u think SL and SP avatars are the worst?

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The only thing really going for the UD avatar is fire immune, and that is obviously circumstantial.

The FW avatar has both the mobile DMZ and a good AoE attack which make it consistently useful.

6. Tweek516

NGL, completely forgot those factions existed. I'd rate them same sort of level as FS and UD.

FW is only last because of (as macca mentioned) FWs play style.

7. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I brought up the avatars specifically because CB seems like it should be on a lower CD than the defensive spells, for reasons mentioned earlier. With that in mind, what's the CD of the UD sacrifice ability on the avatar?

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

We got that Blood Offering thing, too. I've finished off an avatar with that before.

9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

UD used to transmute just to blood offering a scorching dwarf for a kill.

Etherielin, Tweek516 and SPiEkY like this.
  10. DiCEM0nEY

ST seems really out of line balance wise. I suspect they are next on the chopping block, but I suggest a few changes:

NokanDo - make it cost 3 ap for melee, 2 for ranged. Its a start at least.
    Gale Force: Increase this by about 10-15 nora cost.
    Silent Contemplation: either increase cost, or increase CD. The general idea is that ST has too many cost efficent units which also have scaling abilities (amp frost for example) either give them one or the other, certainly not both.

Theres plenty of other things that are really OP, and have been for a few patches, but I think this is a good start. Maybe others can contribute, or I could help go down the list about what units are strong and what units aren't.

11. Tweek516

I love it when people make nerf threads (or posts) when they lose a game vs you :rolleyes:. You didn't lose that game because my bg is op btw, you lost because you didnt play very well.

NKD is fine. Annoying as firk, but has plenty of counters now. Also, your suggestion is really weird and clunky.

Gale could probably use a +5n cost. Its just so versatile. See where it stands after that.

Kento needs (as I mentioned before earlier in this thread) +5n cost. See how she is then.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

these nerfs are ridiculous and over the top, a 10-15 nora cost to an already really expensive spell is absurd
    and the expectation for nokhan do to be effective expecting you to bank and entire turns worth of AP is also absurd

These aren't happening.

13. DiCEM0nEY

artic wail probably shouldn't be 25 nora as well.

14. DiCEM0nEY

I played very well that match, I just lost because ST units are overpowered.

15. calisk

Ya this terrible....

I still can't believe kento makes nerf lists while nobody even mentions Borderguard Elite, her roided up older brother.

16. Tweek516

Lol. Im not gonna lie man, you played terribly. You deployed 2x Tomb lord and 1x Tormented priest. You then played dark rising doing literally nothing.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  17. DiCEM0nEY

oh, I was thinking of a different game where ST was OP. I actually played another ST before u, and was just using a troll deck since I didn't want to play seriously after losing a game where ST was so absurdly OP. That game was a draw win with a shitty deck. I don't even run tormented priest normally. Don't flatter yourself too much.

Hey come to mention it, I just faced another ST player!

But, you should be thanking me for suggesting NKD gets changed. Simply changing the nora cost isn't going to make the game better to play. You need to actually change the conditions in which skills are useable, so that it adds strategic depth to the game, instead of just making a certain rune FOTM.

EDIT: Unless its an ST unit. Then you will probably need to do both, since ST is OP.

18. calisk

Ya that's not really the attitude of someone I want to take advice from on how to change a faction...

By that comment I can take it you've checked out, you've come to the conclusion the faction is op in some context and will no longer try thus reinforcing the attitude as you keep losing.

It's a cycle that does not lead to good changes

19madfox95, Tweek516 and Etherielin like this.
  19. DiCEM0nEY

Also, while im posting about design, I think that battle leader should no longer grant +1 damage (maybe a +6 heal), or it should be changed to not work vs units less than 25 max health. Same as swarm. Or swarm should not produce units which can also swarm, although I personally think that kills the flavor of those units such as locust.

20. DiCEM0nEY

I bet you also get offended when when trump banned Muslim terrorists\ from coming into America. God forbid we call them terrorists! Lets let them into our country so we can have the streets our forefathers built and protected become like Somalia. SO PROGRESSIVE!

yeah, I'm gunna call it like it is, ST is OP. It's not really up for debate, its just a question of how it needs to be fixed at this point. Its been OP for awhile, but no1 really cared because FS and SP were more meta before the nerfs. Then UD became meta with BE.