Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I know it's anecdotal but I seriously have never seen her win a game lol

Hell it would be generous to say I've seen her get a kill because I haven't seen that either.

Every single game I've ever watched she's been hammered, vpd, distracted, gale, and otherwise completely shutdown.

I know this can't be every game since it's being run I assume for a reason, but yif you watch the tiny game that was posted today you can watch her get one rounded twice in the exact same fashion I watch her get destroyed every time I watch her used.

Anyway me and kento have never seen eye to eye, I've thought she's always ducked and am shocked every time she gets nerfed to worse lol.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I do use sac altar now, not because I want to, but because battle leader, swarm, etc is broken.

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

This train of thought won't get you far.
    There's this sort of mindset in game design, where sometimes you nerf a part of a champion/rune/weapon/*insert thing here* in order to be able to buff it later on or to make it rely less on a clutch ability it has. I'm also of an opinion that abilities like Hold the Line or Silent Contemplation should have a downtime in order to prevent a champion containing abilities like that from becoming an immovable object that acts as an unstoppable force at the same time. (something that Borderguard Elite can certainly achieve for example), essentially acting as soft, built-in counters to the ability.

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Nothing wrong with using the dark rising skeletons to fight. Between lichbone staff, boncircle archmage, and Demonologist, you get a similar effect of sac alter with out sac-ing a rune slot.

5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

U save on AP costs tho, ritual is 3, sac at altar is 2. Also, it requires less setup, and is more bursty. You still get a round with surge as well. It is probably overpowered, but necessary since swarm, and battle leader are broken atm. You can also remove shitty bone elemental from ur bg and replace it with a broken bones, since sac altars also take care of killing stealthers in a nora font.

6. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

For most champions, a 1:1 ratio of nora to hp is the gold standard of efficiency. Runes that push above that ratio tend to be extremely powerful or have a significant drawback.

Cloak of skulls is 25n and grants a very strong 12n ability, a defense bonus that's probably worth 4n, and if it only creates one lesser bonemauler that's what, 16hp pre-banner/boost? Well above 1:1.
    Bone prison is a 15n ability that produces 33hp of skeletons (again, pre-banner/boost) directly into the middle of the battlefield, above 2:1 if you can use the ability once.
    Bone mine is a 35n relic that has 20hp built in and produces a variable amount of extra hp/damage in the bone spurs. If we ignore those and focus on the on-death effect, that's 44hp (pre-banner/boost), well above 1:1.

These numbers (and they are echoed in other summon-heavy themes/spells) are abnormally large. And yet they haven't been complained about nearly as often as you complain about battle leader/swarm.

Here is something that is going to totally blow your mind: battle leader/swarm are the reason that your skeleton summons are allowed to have such grotesquely inflated stats.
    Within the greater context of the game, these abilities provide your summons with a drawback that can justify their gross efficiency.
    Every game where you don't face battle leader/swarm, you should be thankful for their existence because these abilities are responsible for most of your victories as well as your defeats. If you don't like it, don't go all in on summons.

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

This is one of the best your wrong please leave Posts I've ever read. When I get home im gonna make a forum alt so I can like it again

Etherielin likes this.
  8. OriginalG1

you guys realize Markoth even said "Not saying Battle Leader isnt crazy strong..."
    CRAZY STRONG.

source:http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/is-like-wtf.25811/page-2

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Forest Dragon- DEF changed from 1 to 0. Merciful replaces Camouflage on base. Upgrade Path 1 changed to Confuse, Invigorate 1, Regeneration 3. Calcify added to Upgrade Path 2.

Spring Dragon- Size changed from Large to Small. DEF changed from 1 to 0. Merciful replaces Camouflage on base. Upgrade Path 1 changed to Confuse, Invigorate 1, Regeneration 3. Calcify added to Upgrade Path 2.

Please?

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

In my Frost BG she was one of my main beaters. I won a majority of my font battles by pushing my units when I entered SC and Snow Shroud her. Even if they spend nora on her it just made her cost that much less. Especially if they didn't one turn her or they forgot about Purified it'd be GG
    Summons are crazy strong too bud.

Tweek516 and SPiEkY like this.
  11. OriginalG1

ritual of healing, destruction, disbelief, shattered summons, these are summon counters.
    IS can sure spam construct, can FW get medal of valor too? Lets make it split faction, or factionless, so everyone can use it!

Medal of Valor is atrocious in IS.
    Medal of Valor is spot global damage and hp gain in a faction that specializes in super champs. Medal of Valor is power creep at the it's highest peak. IS has 5 battle leader champs already, why do they need a spot equipment for battle leader too? Medal of Valor needs be contained into an AoE like violent dose, restricted to one unit at a time like vengeful, or just grant hp gain.

Not only dose IS have 5 battle leader units without medal of valor, but you have runes like battle matron with inspire cleans and heal, then worse yet weaponsmith with fury and inspire. Then there is the banner, commander, defender, ranks of battle master, the best healing in the game, armorer, thirst for battle champs.

And why dose it grant +1 speed on top of everything.

What is going on!? Why is Medal of Valor not getting completely gutted and redesigned!?

You want a summon counter fine, ritual of healing, destruction, disbelief, shattered summons.
    Why not use the Euan, Bastion, Doombringer, Crusader, Barbarian Commander to counter summons?

Battle leader is to strong for it to be spot option for a gib, like it is, in medal of valor.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    voodoov likes this.
  12. themacca

JS, i play attrition all the time. I am constantly ****ed over by battle leader. And no i don't have a problem with it.

Tweek516 likes this.
  13. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

FW can get Medal quite easily. Just gotta Dark Rising Sac the medal bearer :^)

In all seriousnes medal is a double edged sword and I've won games by just getting one from my IS opponent and I think it's drawback is a neat concept that the game needs. Battle Leader could maybe use a tap itself. The global aspect of it is by far the biggest offender.

14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Maybe, maybe medal should go to melee only. Thats the only change I could see happening. That or perhaps a very small Nora cost bump.

That said, I think its fine and shouldn't be changed.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  15. themacca

Why this?

When this
    I don't understand this mentality at all.

16. Tweek516

I don't think it should be changed. But, if it does get changed those are the changes I would like to see. Not this aoe crap.

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, what can you say. Games is ran by, played by and designed by people with zero to no clue on what meta or competitive means.
    I bet that, in any other game these kids play, they get curb stomped and really can't stay competitive. The ones that do, leave Pox.
    It's simple as that.

Disclaimer: I don't play anymore so I couldn't care less what is done. But, from what I remember when I last played (~ 1 year ago), Kento wasn't even auto pick material. Rare league rabble man, ugh.

18. Tweek516

Kento is auto in oretty much all ST bgs. Go away please.

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

No.

Oh, and this is you:

Yeah, I should take your word for it that Kento is auto on "pretty much all ST bgs".
    LOL

20. Tweek516

1) I had just picked up ST and was looking to people who had been playing it a long time. Its okay to ask for advice.

2) I honestly do think STs ranged is quite weak. I came from KF and was surprised by this. It took me a while to realise to just run melee and swap/gale Bane Shift to you. Had to adapt to a different playstyle.

3) Kento is auto in pretty much all ST bgs. Go away please.