Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Kill the champ and take it for yourself.

Agreed. I have always thought it should be a large AoE instead of global.

19madfox95 and OriginalG1 like this.
  2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Wow you really made me think. Kidding, but what you stated is pretty obnoxious.

1:1 hp to Nora? Do you realize how absurd that is to judge whether or not something should cost the amount it does? All stats come into account, not just HP, otherwise ST would have by far the best bonus. Things like speed, damage , abilities. Ethereal units have the most ehp in game if you don't have magical, and they have very low hp. Ranged units have less hp... almost every skeleton has less hp than other themes.

If you want to call skeletons op, and battle leader an swarm the saviors of game balance and design, be my guest. No reason to pretend HP costs are the sole reason units are op/up, that's taking a complex problem and sweeping it under the rug for because you already built your model.

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

It's really not possible to kill a ranged unit with mov, or that would actually be a solution. Especially since certain decks sacrifice pawns in order to get into range.

Salamaan are by far one of the worst offenders with mov.

The global isn't really the problem. It's the damage clause itself. If you removed it, and buffed the hp gain to 6 heal, (not raise Max), it could at least be fought against.

Or at least severely limit the amount of procs it is able to get, or make it dispellable. It hard counters things to the point where certain things are unplayable vs kf and is.

The only semi solution I have found is to use sac altars, and kill them before they get setup, which is very hard to do.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

You are right that we shouldn't blindly accept a model just because it is commonly used. However, hp is a very good first indicator that something is problematic, and this ratio is extremely telling.

I actually went 2 sentences into a more detailed breakdown but deleted it because you're really not worth the effort. If you would like to go into detail about how the combined stats and multiplicative synergy (boost/surge/banner/etc.) of things like bone mine and bone prison would be perfectly balanced in a world without battle leader/swarm, I might be interested in talking about your better model.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    4NIK8 likes this.
  5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So you "had just picked up ST" in january, and yet you are making a claim as if you know all the meta bgs in the faction and how they work.
    Lol, I rest my case.
    And yeah, I'm not going away either, so you might as well just block me or ****.

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

The kill champ thing is not ideal, or easier said then done in combination with IS's super championing. Either you have have to cleave your way through a group of buffed up champs that have numerous ways to heal to kill the range champ that is equipped and running away, or kill the one of the super champs yourself. Either way a champion that can break through the ranks and accomplish to kill medal of valor champ will most likely be fatigued, and easier to kill. SO you get it right back! how funny!

When battle leader is on a champ from the start, at least you can see it coming and it is usually on a melee champ so they have to engage you directly. You can plan for this. With medal valor it is usually it is typically: O Bane Shift, of course he runs medal of valor, god he probably going to get 2 kills right here. Once that happens with what ever super champ crutch you are using the global super champ initiative has started, and the leader has +1 speed.

I know from experience. When I use Medal of Valor, the champion equipped dose not die. I would have not have equipped him with medal of valor if he would have been easily killed. Then the fact Medal of Valor goes onto cool down if it dose switch users even though it is still in play and has not been destroyed is another nightmare, if you use a craft champ, you get it right back. HAHAHAHAHA, guys it is just 25 nora. It could just grant +1 Speed and still be considered worth 25 nora, especially in armory bg's.
    The IF the equipment changes hands is such a joke as a justification, just like desperate heal puts your avatar at risk with no scry. Give me a break.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

He is playing ST in the top 10 and while he may be new to the faction his limited experience is more recent than your vast outdated knowledge. I have no doubt that if you took the time to update yourself you could likely play the faction better but you havnt and so you cant.

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yes, I'm pretty new to ST. But, I am alright with the faction. I dont claim to know all the nuances in meta ST, but Kento is definitely auto.

MaruXV likes this.
  9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

disagree but nobody has ever agreed with me on kento so that's nothing new lol

but I would face a full set of 16 kento's before facing a bg with 2 borderguard elites.

10. Tweek516

Very surprised by this. She wins a lot of games for me. I'd love to chat with you in game why you think this.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Add Providence for Hold the Line. Between Unstoppable, Iron Will and Planarbound there is no way to counter Nokan Do other than Cones. She will have 6 range with Sentinel and Defensive Strike so she can get away with only attacking once a turn leaving her with 1-3 stacks of Nokan Do. Makes her incredibly hard to get rid of.

But yeah. Borderguards are incredibly good. If they have a problem it's equalize. It lets them come in at 61 nora which is absurdly efficiemt.

19madfox95 likes this.
  12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Doesn't mean anything if you have what, 30 active players? Yeah.

Well, this would be true only if K'ento got a rework since then, which I don't think happened. So, if we are talking about the same K'ento here, she is not auto pick material due to her expensive price. Thats it. She's on par with the other 150ks except Snogvie (which is probably crap right now after all the lateral nerfs it got).
    So yeah, my "vast knowledge" still prevails on this instance.

Glad that I don't want to. But I could, if I did. We both know it.

Thanks for this.
    Hopefuly your @Tweek516 fanboi will come to his senses now.

Wow if you add 30+ nora on spells and equips the champ becomes "incredibly hard to get rid of".
    Really, Markoth? You are hopping on this train too?
    Jeez.

13. calisk

yep and this is how i'd run kento, which puts her cost around 100 nora and two deck slots and to be quite honest it's only better then the 64 nora borderguards because of sentinel.

it's a pretty effective combo though.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

One year a go if K'ento took amy damage at all she would be taken out off silent contemplation. So yes that is a significant change she has under gone to change whether she is auto in every ST or shoebox.

If you wanna have opinions great but don't pretend you are more informed than those who actually play

Tweek516, Etherielin and 4NIK8 like this.
  15. calisk

ya also a nerf I said she didn't need....man she was so terrible then....

16. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

On a different subject, why exactly is Homing Sense priced at 0 nora? It is a rellocation ability that is triggered every round as long as there is a enemy champ within 5 spaces which equals a ton of AP generated throughout a game.

Yes, it can be used agaisnt the player with the ability but in most cases it is a given to melee champs, so imho zero nora is a joke for this ability.

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. Tweek516

Nope. As Macca mentioned.

She's also 74n

Oh, and snogvie is still good.

I may be wrong here. I still believe that Kento is definitely auto, but I admit there is a possibility of me being wrong. I chatted to calisk briefly in client, however, and dont think that I am.

Yes, I have respect for calisk. I have respect for any top legendary player that explains their views and hasn't just turned into an ass.

4NIK8 and Etherielin like this.
  18. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Snogvie, Kento, Marsh Gargantua, and Akakios are all equally bad imo

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

So they're all not bad at all?

Tweek516 and SPiEkY like this.
  20. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

[*]Drain Vitality - New Description: Target champion has -6 DMG and -3 SPD for 6 turns. Then, the closest 3 friendly champions within 5 spaces gain +2 DMG and +1 SPD for 6 turns.

Unless Drain Vitality gets a HUGE nora increase, this spell will still be a problem!