SL Faction Bonus.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bagoftrick, Feb 2, 2017.

1. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

It should not work like tough 2. it should simply reduce basic attack damage by 2. as it is now its pretty ridiculous.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It is not tough 2 as it only prevents champion sourced damage.

DiCEM0nEY and jayscales1 like this.
  3. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

that doesnt change it from being over the top. thats a few relics and dots. most damage is champion sourced.

4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

There are things in SL that are OP right now. The bonus is not one of them.

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

But SL is pretty bonkers

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

it was crazy at first but I got used to it.

it's still not as good as kf's but pretty close so if one is fine then I can't see doing anything to the sl bonus

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

How many attacks do you use to kill the average SL champ? If it is 5, then the bonus is on the same scale as ST's bonus. If it is less, then the bonus is worse, if it is more, than it is better. That doesn't take into account that ST's bonus works against all forms of damage.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  8. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

not exactly true.

it reduces damage from a lot of things like auras, pings, bombs, etc and what not that can reduce damage outside of attacks.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

True, I was using attacks in a general sense but was not explicit about it.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

The SL bonus is strong. But there are times where 2 damage reduction isn't going to matter at all and also some times it doesn't apply.

And in saying that. The kf, UD, ST, SP, FS, IS, FW bonuses are also strong. So I'm not sure why this is a complaint

jayscales1, Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Sokolov

The old bonus was better at stopping one-rounding.

This one is better at stopping chip damage.

Overall, I think it's relatively equal and in many situations it doesn't actually make much of a difference (it makes a different in terms of your damage calculations, but less so in terms of overall balance).

jayscales1, Etherielin and darklord48 like this.
  12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

The Math bonus was OP

Etherielin and darklord48 like this.
  13. Sokolov

True.

14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Macca, the FW bonus is garbage. The low end FW champions are strong, and have a strong synergy with the bonus. That does not make the bonus strong.

The IS Bonus is also not strong, except for a clan which RELIES on spell damage (maybe UD).

Here is what I mean. If you gave all of the FW champions +1 speed and mobility, they would be very strong still. If you gave all the KF champions 60% cooldown reduction and DMZ, they most likely, would not be strong.

15. DiCEM0nEY

One thing to note is that Regeneration stacks really well with the bonus, only KF and FS, ST have that kind of synergy between bonus and font. (I say FS because they can heal their units back and snowball harder, and ST is strong at occupying areas of the map with RAW hp.)

I don't have an opinion one way or another, but it certainly very powerful at times.

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Can you please stop sharing your opinions. My God man its getting ridiculous

17. Somnolence

Somnolence The King of Potatoes

FW's bonus is not garbage. It works well with the themes in the faction. Worms won't work unless the champs have reduced CDs, nor would skelle, zombies, or even lich. FW champs are generally weaker (either lower hp or no defensive ability) when compared to other factions and would thus die easier. The faction's ability to have champs come back on the board is an advantage that no other factions have.

Imagine if IS had the FW bonus, Bastion would come back after like 6 turns? That's pretty good considering how tanky AND strong that guy is.

18. DiCEM0nEY

he would come back after 11 turns, and no that is not good, its garbage.

also, if you lose a 95+ nora cost unit, you are going to lose the game 9/10 times. Not to mention that SP has the ability for champs to come back on the board with reduced costs, and FS has a straight half font per turn extra nora.

19. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

False

Somnolence likes this.
  20. DiCEM0nEY

isn't it 1 cd per 5 nora?