Current BGs

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

upload_2017-2-6_15-52-57.png

This is the deck I am testing out at the moment to great success. Once of the Archangels is on the chop block since I am yet to need both. If I dont have need for 2 in the next few games I will be dropping one in favor of a as of yet undecided rune. There are a few runes that I am eyeing for meta use.

2. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Dwarfs are my third choice! And constructs. Barb is my least favorite, i think RR, flamebreath ballista, northern cross cardinal, geomancer, and windfuries are awesome. The grappling hook wing and trolls are all cool. Maybe more is just better! Though i am not very attached to my cyclops. Awesome runes, but zero incentive to play them as a theme. Except warwizard getting to 6 speed eventually, and surge behemoth.

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am trying it on Bastion and Plainswalker. Bastion I am testing with cleave/stone clan. Hold the Line makes him really hard to deal with and the extra range combos with Cleave. Defensive Strike is also really good on Planswalker.

Its my second slot that I feel will get replaced in the long run but I have been using it to decent effect so It stays for now.

19madfox95 likes this.
  5. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Did also test Bastion with cleave, is it just range 1 on cleave or am i just unlucky/missing his attacks.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I don't know if it's the meta or myself but I just can't play IS right now. Outside of Grints and Constructs I just can't find a BG I like, it's depressing.

7. Hierokliff

Having the same problem, but htink my problem is that i think in themes, instead of try to play meta and beat the crap out of our enemies.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Still wrecking face. I have dropped one Archangel and 1 Purger in my two respective decks and added a Barbarian Druid in both.

19madfox95 likes this.
  9. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

I havent played in a while but your BG confuses me, why the Earth Eles, Ghoulhunter, EP's and Conscripted ? Just going for super cheap champs or ?

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Basically. Earth Eles are Shamans now so they can proc branded. For 64 nora you get a 6.5 speed champ (Rock and Dirt are on every map) with 56 base HP, 3 defense and Rock Defiance. They can sit in a font forever. Ghoulhunter is supper efficient at 57 nora and with Hunter, Rend and Illuminate can 1v1 incredibly well. Conscripted at 40 nora is a great first deploy and Reinforce can ocasionally be useful as a Div Touch alternative. He has Knockback 3 now which has great synergy with lava from Terraformers.

19madfox95 and Axeraiser like this.
  11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think this meta we have right now is what is killing IS for me. Markoth's BG plays great, but it just doesn't give off that IS vibe.

Hierokliff likes this.
  12. Hierokliff

wish they did remove/reduce alot of 'ignore defense' damage abilities, it was ok when there was 1-2 runes that had something like it, then abilities like 'defender' was awesome and IS could go phalanx style. did try a dwarf phalanx just for old fun vs PvE, and they where nuked by vindrax breath doing 14pts of damage on all, its ok i love fighting vindrax, if it had just been him doing it .-)
    but even a rune like valdaci sweeper, has an 8damage ability with ignore def.

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I made a thread a while ago discussing how defense isn't as useful as it used to be due to the abundance of ignore defense abilities in the game.

14. Hierokliff

My current deck, playstyle agressive. A bit too agressive in a few cases, get down a champ and start attack.
    barbarian hunter/Aayla works very well with Northren cross priestess with elec damage, if i just remember to activate spark charge before i drop celestial spear its another nice 2pts damage from that aoe.
    zedin/bastion is awesome to draw early, truthseekers are great to contest midfont, it feels strange though to stand outside it and hope my enemy takes it first...
    no idea why i use doombringer, but its flying, eats spells and is a new rune for me so aint bored of it. Magnus is weaker, but eats spells and does his part with aoe cleansing and gets hp/dmg from spells.
    Drawback i think its an overkill with 15 combat champs and 2 support champs, but cant decide which of them to remove. atm iam happy with whatever champion i get in first draw, conscript warrior is silly good first draw.
    Eroding wings is very powerful, it needs to be hit by nerfing tools, atleast when fighting against players that love to hide in fonts and have bad healing :)

detection is covered by Ayla, celestial spears or Hanhdor memorial, squires deals with equipment and takes the -1spd hit from plainswalkers if i deploy them. They are probably the ones that are going out from the deck, but they are just so awesome vs fire UD players and they are my main range unit.

agressive-paladins.JPG

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Id recommend dropping 1 Squire and adding a Barb Druid. 69 Nora. A ton of healing, cleanse and has Detection.

19madfox95 likes this.
  16. Hierokliff

Normally i only run 1 squire, but got bored of Terraformers that i normally run so switched. So far i dont heal at all, the champs hit so hard and CtE/magnus is enough. It feels odd to play IS this aggressive, more UD playstyle. Dont think my opponents are prepared for it either, think you are right though the druid is very good atm. Maybe dropping a truthseeker/purger for the druid, 2 squires are fun.
    Thanks for tip

17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Yay finally someone else approves my barbarian druid

18. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Battle matron yo.

Heal, cleanse, inspire, drive.

Inspire better for ranged.

19. Hierokliff

Tried her again as a replacement for medal of valor
    She is also a great meat shield with 55base hp + brew + standard she can stall as good as barbarian druid on side fonts, its just very sad she has 5spd, it really limits her sadly. if it was an upgrade option +1spd on option 2 instead of inspire i would take it :)
    inspire is not worth the trouble, i want her for heals, hp and drive

20. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

what are the most popular bgs right now? can you show me how a dwarf deck looks like and hows it competitively?