Discussion: Pox Nora on PlayStation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't know exactly how transitioning between mouse and controller works on PS4, but the client supports both types of controls so it should work in theory.

2. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

so can we play pox on PC by using controller then?

3. Sokolov

Yes.

4. Jon

Jon The King of Potatoes

Possibly. I got maybe a little excited in saying "double" the playerbase--but then again that may not be saying much when you consider current players online (i.e. maybe an additional 75 players). One of the biggest problems with Pox is player retention imho. There were many players that gave Pox Nora a try back for the initial Steam launch and I remember logging in and seeing 600+ players online on a regular basis if my memory servers me correctly but these players did not stay for long.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you're using Linux you're already demonstrating a higher than normal level of tenacity and perseverance for the simple fact that this OS is probably the most tricky and least user friendly of the major three--traits also important for learning to play (and continuing to play) Pox Nora.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  5. Oregreen

Oregreen Member

No one cares about linux.

6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Shut up nerd.

(I have a Linux Mint partition on my computer)

7. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I have a couple questions that just popped in my head:

1) You mentioned a visual combat log...is there going to be an option to save the log in a text file for offline review? This would be handy to keep track of your play, learn mistakes and tendencies.

2) After your account is transferred to PS4, will you be able to play on both the PC and PS4 at the same time? I thought that would be cool for my grandkids to play on the PS4 while I'm playing and helping them on the PC.

8. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I have a Linux box, but it's in a closet accumulated dust (and off, unplugged). I use it for practicing Linux when I want something different. I also installed a Star Wars Galaxies EMU and an Everquest EMU just to see if I can do it. Worked great, but one person playing in the whole SWG or EQ world can get boring. I might one day decide to play around with it more and create my own content and maybe play in it with my kids and grandkids, if the interest is there.

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It is possible, but the actual numbers of players on Linux that play Pox Nora is limited. At one point before Pox could be played on Linux but support for Linux was removed because it ran into many compatibility problems and the number of players who actually played on Linux was small, but it is something worth re-investigating in the future.

SireofSuns likes this.
  10. Scimotaur

Scimotaur The King of Potatoes

So will this client be updated for PC?

Do I have to buy a PS4 to play pox now? I'll tell you right now I'm not going pay $150+ for a f2p CCG. No firking way.

11. Sokolov

It's a port. PC will remain a playable platform, also using the updated client.

12. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Sokolov I went to an old romanian lady and asked her to read my future and guess what :) she says this PS4 release will blow pox to the best game in 3 consecutive years.

MaruXV and Tweek516 like this.
  13. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

To bad those people are fraudes!

14. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

wait what?? she said she is giving me a discounted price ...that lying *****

MaruXV, Qucas and Pattn199 like this.
  15. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Ask for your money back she lied to you lol

16. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

A ps4 controller/game controller have dead spots where as a mouse does not reason why in first person shooters you can aim alot faster watch a yt video explaining it^^

17. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

Still waiting for this

18. Sokolov

Me too.

Lushiris, Tweek516 and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  19. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Take your time, make it pretty, make it work.

20. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

aseryen, yobanchi, Etherielin and 3 others like this.