Chopping Block?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by GenGrumble, Feb 14, 2017.

1. GenGrumble

GenGrumble The King of Potatoes

So I thought I'd build a chopping block BG and give it a try. Unfortunately I'm not that skilled at the game or at deck building so I'm coming to you, the forum community for advice. I built the deck around high HP pools with a death benefit sub theme. If you have advice on how to play the BG or even what runes to take out/replace let me know. I'm an older player that's come back but my skills are lacking and I'm always looking to improve. (I'd say I'm rusty but that's not the case seeing as I've never been that high of an elo.)

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Zombie Behemoth should probably have a spot super high HP!

3. GenGrumble

Fair enough, but what would you replace for them? Specters?

4. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

maybe cut one specter? cuz adaptive is nice in this BG and see if you like the zombie

5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

For chops you don't need high hp at all - after a single poke you already have it higher in most cases. You need champs which can stall for few turns while providing that poke and wasting nora on chops, ways to tap a bit champs running away at low, and antihealing. And now you also have to to somehow counter seism - so either spire or a blocking relic like endless iceberg.

6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I literally disagree with everything you've said except for the stall champs part.

I ran chops at rank 1 btw

7. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I wasn't around at that time so I won't argue, but it should be fun to watch if you ever come back, cause I remember you playing a same single bg for ages and I haven't seen a single chop player recently.

8. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Zeya has been playing ffFW chop blocks (with a core of utterdark spectres, haunting spirits, genesis liches, and xulos) on his catstrofe account for about 2 months.

9. GenGrumble

I'll have to catch a game of his then.

Thanks so much for the feedback; @Ballballer do you run to a middle nora font or sit back and let the other player have it? That's been bothering me for a while, seems like I lose out if I take it but also lose out on nora if I don't.

10. Ballballer

It really does depend on every situation.
    I know that's not the advice you're looking for, but it's the truth

11. GenGrumble

Guess I just need more practice. Really trying to make this BG work tho; is fun when it all goes as planned lol

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'd argue for contesting middle more often than not. At the least, have a slight preference for it when in doubt. Chops want to matter, and 5 hp starts to matter less if you stall out and the opponent has nora for deploys. Like baller said though, it will probably be very contextual with a deck like chops.

13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

chops are still very strong. Theres a high elo player playing it now.

14. Ballballer

Chops are not that strong, people just suck

15. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Only faced it once, but he had a ton of anti summons versus skeleton deck, so you could be right.

I get the feeling it probably is OP and ur just full of Bane Shift tho.

16. Ballballer

Yup, you totally caught me

Tweek516 likes this.