Worms Ground Zero

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Sep 5, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Yet majority of people suck at playing worms because they don't understand how to properly grow their SDZ and how they should play out until they have it to an adequate size. There is so much more to worms than drag and drop bile zombise all game and anyone who tries to play it that way is going to be Bane Shift with them.

Bondman007 likes this.
  2. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

Can someone explain what SDZ and BZ stand for in the OP?

3. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

SDZ= Shrine Deployment Zone, the spaces around the shrine where you can deploy champions. Seperate from the dead magic zone surrounding the shrine and fonts.

BZ= Bile Zombie, the champion that benefits the most from having an expanded shrine deployment zone.

Fleshbits likes this.
  4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

5. Nigromanta

Nigromanta The King of Potatoes

What do you mean with OTK combo? Could you explain it in-depth please?
    Im a new Worms player

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

7. wasuy

wasuy The King of Potatoes

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

upload_2017-2-10_15-29-17.png

Cut down on the number of non-worms, increased BZ count back to 2, put in a Bloodworm with Surge. Trying to play even more defensive. For the first time, having to encourage myself to play BZ, rather than scale it back. Trying out Surge on Colossus as well. Loss of Surge on Eye hurt a lot -- much harder to establish a solid line. Added in a Reflecting Creeper as a pair to WZ.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

New list feels better. WZ, Afflicted Corpse help patch holes in the normal worms lineup; Reflecting Creeper complements them as a more mid-cost tank against the plethora of non-physical. The relics allow the deck to play some light attrition, and spells provide spot killing power that worms sometimes lack. Not sure if 2x Biles are really needed -- haven't been yet -- but maybe.

Tweek516, Dolcebrodude and Woffleet like this.
  10. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Seriously great find on Necroweave. The spell is overcosted but is quite good. I never would of thought of it if it wasn't for this thread.

11. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Decided to take worms on a spin with this pile
    [​IMG]

Just 4000 gold off a Banner so don't mind that obvious include.
    There are two Dusk Creepers because I feel naked without Shroud and it has a high enough CD plus a huge target painted on its face.
    Currently super unimpressed by Maw.
    Siren seems okay with Pull so trying her out.

How vital do you find the Enervating Collar? Seems like most problems can be solved by killing them.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The collar is for killing problems. I somewhat agree on maw -- only run 1. Situationally useful.

13. Dolcebrodude

I guess Soulreave is doing something similar to Collar in the current list. If I find my ranged units getting rushed often I'll switch to the latter.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No colossus?

15. Dolcebrodude

Not a fan of units with >90 nora costs and I just don't find myself wanting to cast it. So far putting WZ/Reflective as roadblocks has worked. Might just run a second WZ because that guy never goes on CD after he loses his head.

On a side note Mobilized a Bloodfiend to get the mid font turn 2 on that 5 font FW map and got Fiend called imbalanced and dumb. Nevermind the Biles exploding on the guy's army.

16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Is that even worth though?

17. Dolcebrodude

If you mean the Mobi, then yeah got ap on two more units and the battle turned into an eternal 3 fonts vs 1. Obviously would rather have drawn my Bazaar but I still need to work on draw luck.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Colossus is worth it. Even after a series of nerfs, he is still incredible. He also covers a damage base that worms really need right now.

19. Dolcebrodude

Forced myself to cast colossus, he did alright, then got spell spammed. Generally have been struggling with opposing spells, started looking for some hate.
    Got to use Siren once but she netted me two kills so I'll keep her for further tests. Being able to Pull and then Phase out really helps.
    Need to work on re-establishing a gunline after I get blown up, I tend to degrade my battle plan to Fiend and BZ spam which is a bad habit.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you are experiencing this, then you are on the path to enlightenment. One of the hardest parts of playing worms is managing your own board presence.

Sounds like a potentially good add. What does the new list look like?