PoxBrain beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChooJeremy, Feb 22, 2017.

1. ChooJeremy

ChooJeremy Devotee of the Blood Owl

So here's another database. Poxbase hasn't been updated in quite a while and qpoxdb is quite plain, and I need a better search function, and I know how to do it, so I built one. Then I figured I'd share it.

https://poxbrain.jch.ooo/

I'm hoping to expand it even further eventually. Deconder, if you ever see this I'm interesting in adding the value of each rune in PoxBox points to the site, hopefully through an api from you.

Let me know any feedback / bugs / suggestions on this thread!

On the topic of vulnerabilities, as someone who is still studying in this industry, if some of the more expert people hit the site and find some vulnerability it'd be great if you inform me about them and let me patch it, so that I can learn from it as well. (like oh if I search for "; drop table Champions; -- it breaks the entire thing, let me know)

Tip: Search results are sorted by relevancy. Each rune is scored against your search term. Matches on the name of the rune gain more points, while matches on the description of an ability on a rune gain less points. You can see the points of a rune by adding "&score=1" at the end of the search url, for example,
    http://poxbrain.jch.ooo/search.php?search=water&score=1

2. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Nice so far, but when looking at runes i see the following text below their portret
    "
    {
    "ID": "178",
    "Type": "3",
    "Name": "Glorious Charge",
    "Description": "All friendly champions get Charge 3 and Mobility for one turn.",
    "FlavorText": "\"Few expect to see a dwarf charge a position, let alone an entire detachment. And that's the beauty of it.\" - Feofil, Advisor to King Rugolth",
    "NoraCost": "35",
    "Artist": "Minn Hyuk Yum",
    "Rarity": "UNCOMMON",
    "Cooldown": "7",
    "RuneSet": "Nora Surge",
    "ForSale": "1",
    "AllowRanked": "1",
    "Tradeable": "1",
    "Hash": "ej9Cj9BF0Be9Ae9BG2AJ8IJ8Jsmeepymjygykyo",
    "DeckLimit": "2",
    "Faction": "Ironfist Stronghold"
    }

"

I'm assuming this isn't intentional.

3. ChooJeremy

Oops, thanks! I've removed it.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Very clean. Well done.

I like that I can search for general terms like Cleansed or Dispelled and get champions with any ability that covers those sets. I am out for a while but I will poke at it a bit when I get back.

19madfox95 likes this.
  5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Looks great!

6. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Nice!!

Some feedback. First one I tried to search for Cleansed on the top bar to check the feature Markoth pointed out, but I got this:

Notice: Undefined index: cleansed in /var/www/html/PoxBrain/references/Champion.php on line 26

Warning: array_replace(): Argument #2 is not an array in /var/www/html/PoxBrain/references/Champion.php on line 26

The other is that when I search for an ability on the top bar it will only show the ability description and cost, not the champs/relics/spells with it.

Last one is about the sorting of search results, maybe you should prioritize exact matches over name matches, because it might give undesirable results. A good example is to search for cleansing flame. It will list several runes with either flame or cleansing on their names and then list some champs with the ability.

Anyways, keep up the great work, this is what all of us always dreamed about!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Looks good so far. I'm seeing "Score 35.55802822113" on searches for Draksar, and other scores on other searches.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

awesome site! Will there be a way to filter by race, class, or ability?

9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Nice!

The first thing that i noticed missing was that i couldn't search for abilities directly - which is mostly what i use databases for.

Though the search does bring up the champions with the abilities so it's not such a big deal, but maybe if you're thinking of refining it for the future it would be good to be able to search for, say, shatter and it give you a choice of the ability itself, the spell called 'shatter', and the champions with the ability.

Great work though.

10. ChooJeremy

Hmm. I'm not seeing this. What's the URL of the page with this error? When you search for cleansed you should get to a page with http://poxbrain.jch.ooo/search.php?search=cleansed as the URL. That page loads fine for me.

Yup, scores are shown if you append &score=1 at the end of the URL.

I get that these sort results are badly needed. I'll try to add them. In general, I was hoping that for ability you can search for all the abilities you want (i.e. "aquatic water front trail water" and it would try it's best to find champs with these abilities. Does this work for you or are you looking for more?

Good points. I'll probably end up doing something like searching for ability:Shatter would specifically search for that.

@Everyone else
    thanks for all the great comments!

Tweek516, darklord48 and 4NIK8 like this.
  11. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

it works, thanks

12. ChooJeremy

PoxBrain has been updated!

I'm kind of disappointed with how the new clients are at the moment but hopefully things improve. For now, I've made a few changes to PoxBrain that I've wanted to do for a while, but never really found the time to.

You can now track your collection on PoxNora in PoxBrain! When you load your rune checklist, it actually reads your collection through another page call that lists all your runes. If you visit that page and copy all the information over, then I can display your collection as well, in search results and allow you to filter by them. Try it: https://poxbrain.jch.ooo/collectionstart You'll have to create an account for me to link the collection to.

I've also added a guided search page, since I feel the multiple command support that I've added to the search bar can be confusing. It should be simpler to search for the runes you want now (i.e. to complete quests), especially if you combine it with your collection to automatically filter out runes you own 0 of.

Etherielin, OriginalG1 and Markoth like this.
  13. diahru

diahru The King of Potatoes

Oh This is cool!
    Seems that The PS4 Launch did bring back some life into this game. :D