Favorite ironfist tanks

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by super71, Feb 22, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

So when i'm deck building I always run into this problem with iron fist in my bgs

For nostalgic purposes

master axeman
    euan
    talgor
    dwarven defender

for brew bgs

brewmaster
    drunken thug
    nobles
    stoneskin dwarf

dwarf sustain tanks

warsaint
    ironfist paladin
    templar
    paladin commander

What iron fist tanks do you guys use that aren't dwarves, and which dwarf tanks would your prioritize over others ?

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

All of them. Bastion for Aid Defense. Guardian for Nexus Aura. All the barbs are now tanks.

19madfox95 likes this.
  3. super71

Best barbarians tanks in your opinion ? I like barb guardian obviously, templar, bastion, and now renegade with the last change to conqueror.

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Drakin. Gritmaw magnificent.

5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I will copy and paste the the description of full plate armor.
    Full Plate Armor: equipped champion is now a tank.

Hierokliff likes this.
  6. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Dont think we have any tank left in IS. We have to much superhardhitting/ignore defense to face to have a real tank.
    Imo a tank is a champ that maybe could survive a full round of enemy fire, here Bastion was awesome. He sure needed a nerf, he should have lost his 20+damage ability and kept being our maintank.

- War-Enchanted Groble could be a tank, but it takes so much support to get it even close to be one
    - Fist of bastion should be a tank with Tough and resilient, but he cant be shielded so he goes down/up/away fast.
    - Crusader is OP in 1v1, but tank, not until he has been in melee a bit and trigger that OP thirst for battle effect, which makes him more a killer then tank.
    - Zedin is probably my best tank, shielded and immune vs melee, requires to have guards near with shroud, defender, battlemaster, which then leads that all gets nuked by a few breaths/aoe ignore defense attacks.

multipurpose champs, like barb guardian are fun with shroud, nexus area, swap, but it aint a real tank.

7. Hierokliff

Wall of Ailur with Providence is probably the closest thing we have as a tank, (but i dont like Leoss) but its upgrades aint to help it become a better tank, its another multipurpose tank/supporting champ.

8. super71

I honestly like drakon but for hist cost ironfist has so many better options that are cheaper and can do damage. I typically like my tanks in the low 70s or mid 60s nora wise, they are just there to soak up damage and eventually die.

9. super71

Full Plate Armor: equipped champion is now a tank, and slower than watching paint dry.

10. super71

I disagree with most of this, are you trolling or just kinda new ?

11. Hierokliff

Disagreeing that a tank should survive or that Bastion was awesome doing that with subsume?
    my War-Enchanted Groble had 80+ hps, so its close to be called a tank in my book, but that did take alot of support to get it up to that
    I think most of our runes aint tanks, they are multipurpose units which is much more fun/better then a tank.

12. super71

A tank is a cheap unit that can sit and take damage so your support and important units stay out of combat. War enchanted groble isn't a tank, it's a super champ.

13. OriginalG1

upload_2017-2-23_13-14-10.png
    situationaly I like these constructs as tanks. Immunity fire, immunity physical, mirrored. You can really counter play your opponents champs choice for the cheep. Plus Immunity physical or rock eaters make great knock back champs
    upload_2017-2-23_13-17-38.png these gritmaws can tank hard as well, but not a cheep as the constructs.

Tweek516, super71 and Gnomes like this.
  14. OriginalG1

I mean,
    upload_2017-2-23_13-21-59.png
    dude basically defines tank/ meat shield. that cost+defensive abilities+immunity grimlic.

super71 likes this.
  15. Hierokliff

Groble is a great meat shield for hp:nora cost is 1:1 with standard, then add some tinker buffs :). Wonder why he couldnt have the options to be a pure tank with calcify+rock defiance instead of 3xPower attack as second option. Grintmaw Bouncer looks intresting (dont have that rune though), sad that it cant have both tough+regeneration from the upgrades and its expensive.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  16. OriginalG1

I run him rengen II and seismic leap in my full troll bg (75nora). The troll bg has a knockback sub theme and seismic helps set stuff up/ finish someone off..

super71 likes this.
  17. Hierokliff

Elemental warstaff is great meat shield 48hp for 56/59 nora and one immunity and shielded or scrying. He is taking more and more place in my decks as first champ out with scrying.
    Earth Elemental with rock defiance is another great meat shield 56hp for 64nora, if he had been a construct wow :)

18. super71

He is also very good if you get up against a lot of one with nora bgs, when that flying k'thir pegasus was in ever k'thir bg I ran war staff x2 in every ironfist bg. Also a good counter to void shield.

19. super71

I can't bring myself to run him anymore in anything other than a troll bg, his power level has dropped so dramatically from it's insane power from a while ago lol.

MrCharles and OriginalG1 like this.
  20. Hierokliff

Not really your type of meat-shield/tank maybe, but northren cross purger backed by/teamed with a Pureblood Plainswalker is very fun :)
    Did smack a FS player that did bubble his superchamp, those 35hps was instantly dispelled and then just killed off the champ, not used with Purging flames yet on NCP, but so far it looks very good. I just need to remember if i really want to take the nora globe and get ranged or stay melee with my NPC...