Returning to Pox (again)

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by PiPPoInZ9, Mar 2, 2017.

1. PiPPoInZ9

PiPPoInZ9 The King of Potatoes

Hello Dear Demonic brethren.

This is my second time returning to Pox. I remember a developer video, where they stated the number of players who quit the game and return months later is quite high. Never thought I would prove the point, but here I am. Long story short, I stopped playing around the time when Coalitions was released.

I watched a few games, but can you give me an update on a few topics:

Theme viability:
    Haven't seen a single full Bleed/Imp/Fire/Spider game yet.
    Minotaurs seem fine.
    I saw a Maxxx deck, which didn't run the necessary demons, but hoped to get Imps (is that a thing now?).
    Can a BG with multiple Vothsair and Pincusion be a theme now?

New rune viability:
    Ruby Crawler and Boundless Enthusiasm seem like the obvious strong additions.
    Not sure about the rest, especially the Imps.
    Avarice seems pretty legit for a full Imp BG (Have never played a full Goblin bg to know)
    Any thoughts on the new Minotaurs (Mageknight, Thunderaxe and Render)?
    Are the Naria viable in FF UD?
    Slitherine seems like a better Hook Fiend which can be really good.

Old rune viability:
    Shadowrake seemed pretty meh on release, now it feels like total garbage.
    I see Chosen of Osarius in every BG, although I didn't like it very much.
    Siblings don`t draw each other now ... RIP Redcap Twins.
    You can't damage your shrine for drawing runes anymore -> so the dwarf goes down in value, so ... maybe the entire DE theme? Would love to play a Treachery BG btw.
    I'm guessing every BG still needs some sort of Magic damage, so which do you prefer from: Demonologist, Demon Lich or Messanger.

Don't feel obliged to answer anything. Just share your thoughts on the current meta if you would like to.

It's good to see some of the old names I recognize in the forums.

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I have a pretty good arrow eater bg that does well, full voths and pins with x2 demon shield

I call it Firk range because i'm not that creative

3. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

Now, we have fat pink imps and fluffy bunny. Enjoy.

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

5. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Umm I can show you the bg I currently use..fairly straight forward and will get you 1900's rating no problem, but will be really boring after a while

6. Goldleaf

Goldleaf The King of Potatoes

7. PiPPoInZ9

Would also like to see it, just to get a snapshot of the meta.

After watching several more games I noticed Siege Mongler and Rip Demon being prevalent. Those are runes which almost nobody played in the past. Are they in for their specific abilities (like counter to relics and ... mele?) or are they just nora-efficient? If the latter is the case, I have three words for you: Deep Elf Mercenary.

Also didn't see any Phase Spider, but then I realized how the Incorporeal mechanic was changed (used to be: Champion is immune to all non-magical damage). This is one of the best changes I have noticed in the game so far. Forcing players to need (instead of want) one damage type was just stupid.

8. nepyonisdead

Siege monger is a newer champ with seism and a cost of 70 nora he is a no brainer honestly and Rip demon is a super powerful rune that ppl have been talking about nerfing lately.

9. nepyonisdead

Siege monger is a newer champ with seism and a cost of 70 nora he is a no brainer honestly and Rip demon is a super powerful rune that ppl have been talking about nerfing lately.

10. Goldleaf

Goldleaf The King of Potatoes

It would be good to see a bg that wins games haha
    Because I certainly don't.

11. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

I built a UD deck thats like 5-0. Ill try to remember to post it tomorrow xD

12. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

One of the big, important things that the developers have changed in the game was ability/stat costing. There are a few manual modifiers here and there but, for the most part, every ability has a cost that's universal for every champ that has it. The name of the game always has been, and always will be, about effiiciency and squeezing out as much value from your champs as you can.

With those 2 champions, you have a decent package of core stats and abilities on top of one really powerful and efficient ability each: seism costs 10n and is almost guaranteed to take out an opposing relic. There are no relics in the game that cost 10n or less so the ability essentially tacks a nora advantage onto any champ that has it. Ally: X provides raw stats through a mechanism that is more efficient than normal stat costing AND it comes with bonus AP gen, and when the ally boost can be run in FF it is a pretty easy choice.
    DEM is also pretty efficient and she definitely should be run more, but these champs edge her out by a big margin.

PiPPoInZ9 likes this.
  13. nepyonisdead

I really dont like to post BGs but I love UD and would like more ppl to join the faction so here u go lads
    Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 03.49.39.png

PiPPoInZ9 likes this.
  14. nepyonisdead

This is what I got with that bg alone in a period of 10 days, I am not saying this to ''show off'' but just to say that the bg works and if you arent winning with it you need to change ur style. PS I am on discord most days and would love to help anyone struggling with that bg Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 03.52.38.png

15. PiPPoInZ9

Thank you. Didn't expect about half the runes lol. I guess this is a "meta bg". I have always preferred running themed bgs - all spiders, all imps, minos... just for the full synergy (not that it really matters, it just feels fun). But I guess fun isn't always good.

How many of the champs work with Maxx's ability? Altered Lemure. Bok Guardian, Siege Monger and Rip Demon as far as I can tell (not sure about all the nora costs).
    Also no Deep Elf Priestess with Maxx? She was 2x auto in all BGs, although she did also have shatter.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  16. nepyonisdead

Maxx is my personal anti bullshit preference .people were running death benefit bgs and to be honest it's not about summoning from ur bg

Every summon makes max 60 Nora cheaper and if u get one summon with him then he has been worth it

17. nepyonisdead

Themes are ok atm

But only players with years of experience have been making them work

@MogaBait is the god of Minos and @kritchitt is the best in spiders so they'd be a good place to start if that's what u are into

18. nepyonisdead

Relocate demon is CD3 and I used to have her in but she dies way too quickly for my liking

19. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

20. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes